• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava traps

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the point to using Lava traps? Is there a rare lobster or crab that can only be caught with them?

If there is a use for these traps, then are they coded properly? Nowhere else do crab traps give the message that there are no fish here. This is a fishing message. Once the lava traps are in place, are they still working despite the no fish message? I know if I leave them in place, eventually they will be pulled under the waves, however I never get a "bob" and a crab.

B

Beastmaster

In my opinion they are broken. There has been no response from the Devs. There have been no reports of anyone catching anything with them.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's my impression too. What kind of programmer (or system) would be content selling content that is broke?

I worked for three days this week, about 6 hours of play trying to get 20 apple crabs to fill an order. The fish monger reward for the completed order (five items) was a lava trap. I am burned by the fact that the system is not working, but am really upset that those responsible have not owned up to the situation and at least let us know they are aware of it.

Here it is publish time and no mention.

I apologize for complaining like this. I guess all that crabbing has turned me into a crab.