• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava Lamp Game 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ephemeral

I have some questions about this second Lava Lamp contest. Has any of the following problems happened to anyone else?

1) Two of my sims did NOT receive ANY cards or the email explaining the hand I have been dealt. This sim is the oldest sim on that account in EA-Land and played the first game. I still have the emails confirming their completion of the 1st game and the certificates.

2) Two of my sims (separate accounts) received the 7 cards, however, 6 of the 7 cards are rainbowed out and labeled "not authorized"

3) One of my sims has one card that says "User Image 1" instead of the card description ("Groovy Lava Game 2: 8 Blue Dots")

I hope EA is going to make things right... :-(

I

imported_Betty

I also have sims who participated in the previous game who Did Not Receive any game cards. Only ONE of my accounts has received the cards and the e-mail explaination.

I was hoping they have just not been delivered yet...it is still early.

*sigh,

M

Monkeybear

I didnt get any but i logged out and back in and had recieved them

I

imported_rpsky3

no cards received on any account here... wonder if they are doing it in waves???

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

My EJ account didnt get any cards

[/ QUOTE ]

My oldest sim that was from EJ didnt get cards either. Can anybody report eventually getting cards from the last game that didnt receive them at the start of the game.

I

imported_Qute Pi

The blog says they are passing out cards by the end of the day everyone will have them.

If you haven't received them, its probably because its not the end of the day yet. I would wait till tomorrow to let them know if you still haven't received them.

If you can't see them its probably because you have to clean out your cc cashe folder. Then log in with 1 sim at a time to view them, if you have more than one account. I noticed having two accounts on at the same time, usually affects if I can view CC or not.

The description probably isn't a big issue as long as the picture is right.

K

krazykara

I have a question myself.

Why don't you wait with any kind of game until after the cities have merged?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'll take a guess and say because your oldest ea land sim gets the cards on each account they don't need to wait for the merge...

Maybe they want to give out the lava lamp around the same time the merges are complete and amnesty is done?

O

odlie merser

Umm, my target card just poofed on me. I still have the letter saying what my target card is, but there is no target card now. Help?

I

imported_TraciRK

My sim Guen in EALand had cards but now they disappeared

M

mameloot

So after reading the blog...one question was answered.

Even though there are different colored target cards...
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY FOR THE ORANGE CERTIFICATE
It doesn't matter the color of the target card you matched, you'll get orange.
There will be 4 more contests after this for the remaining colors.

Next question.
Blog says we get additional cards for paypal transactions at the ATM. Is this a whole set? Including 1 target and 6(?) number cards?
I'd post on the blog, but can't register...never get the password that they say they've sent.

G

All I know is last week they received 2 cards for using the ATM.

I

imported_TraciRK

I understand not responding if people are waiting on cards but could someone please respond on who to notify on disappearing cards?

T

TSO-E Sarah

All, please note that the blog says that "BY THE END OF THE DAY" all oldest characters on paying accounts will get their cards. Please be patient, there are literally 100,000s lines of code to be run to get these cards to everyone that is due them. If you are playing the game while the cards are being given out you will only see them if you move lot. The process is just under 50% done right now. If you have any trouble with cards today, just go to another lot or log back in.

Using the ATM will give 1 extra dot card within 24 hours. This is just for the Orange certificate. Hope you enjoy the game.

Thanks, Sarah

I

imported_TraciRK

I assume that means the cards that disappeared will be reappearing.

D

donnallg

One of my accounts the message came on the 4th oldest. I had to log on to each sim to check their inventory and finally got the cards on the oldest sim.

G

GypsyJean

I have a problem..and probably only a dev can answer ?? not sure

before my BV sim was merged to EAL my oldest sim was recieving the cards and completed the 1st round (red), now that my BV sim is here..she recieved the 2nd round of cards only..and has no red certificate ..if i trade the red certificate with the BV sim..will the BV sim be credited with completing round 1 of the game? or do i trade the BV sims card to the sim that already has the red certificate?

D

donnallg

From what I understood it to be, is who ever has them all in inventory at the end of the total game will be the one that gets the lava lamp. And depending on how many they have determines the color of the lamp they will get.

G

I am not a dev or answering for them, but...

....from what I read, they mark who plays the cards and who get the certificate, so trading the red certificate to your BV sim does not strike me as a good idea.

If it was me, I would give the cards to which ever of my sims had the certificate...and keep the game on that sim.

Sarah may have a better solution, though.

G

I agree with Gilly.

My red cards poofed from one of my EAL sims (they were originally given to another sim that moved over form BF but i traded them) When I asked lee he replaced then but had to replace them on the sim that originally got them.

I think they need to give subsequent game cards to the original sim who had the first set or many of us wont be able to get a full set once all the merges are done.

Definitely need a dev's input on this one

I

imported_TraciRK

I don't know what happened to mine. I logged in they were there, logged out and logged back in and they are gone. I have the email telling me what they should be but the cards poofed. So we need to contact Lee about this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have some questions about this second Lava Lamp contest. Has any of the following problems happened to anyone else?

1) Two of my sims did NOT receive ANY cards or the email explaining the hand I have been dealt. This sim is the oldest sim on that account in EA-Land and played the first game. I still have the emails confirming their completion of the 1st game and the certificates.

2) Two of my sims (separate accounts) received the 7 cards, however, 6 of the 7 cards are rainbowed out and labeled "not authorized"

3) One of my sims has one card that says "User Image 1" instead of the card description ("Groovy Lava Game 2: 8 Blue Dots")

I hope EA is going to make things right... :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

1) In Sarah's blog entry she wrote, "BY THE END OF WEDNESDAY, the oldest EA-Land character of each subscribing player will get 8 new items in their inventories: 7 dot cards and 1 ‘target’ card displaying a number between 29 and 40."

2) In that same entry, she wrote, "If you see purple cards, please read the blog post Purple Puzzle Pieces? from Parizad"

3) This is the same as answer #2.

C

Catwoman1966

OK, for some reason my Target card Violet 32 and my Yellow 4 card have both suddenly disappeared out of my inventory

Has this happened to anyone else, and will I get my cards back?
Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Cat.

G

OK, I never got an e-mail, and the blog post is totally blank (white) on my screen, which is weird.....and frustrating because people were unwilling to answer questions with answers besides "read the blog" until I finally found somebody willing to explain it.

But now the house I was in dumped and I get ALE trying to enter anywhere else
Maybe tomorrow things will calm down and I'll be able to finish trading cards

I

imported_TraciRK

Meant to add my sim's name is Guen whose cards disappeared

G

I have lost between 5-7 lava cards including 3 target cards out of them a yellow 32 and 35 and a orange 35. This is after the game has been crashing

G

Had all my cards in inventory even the target card and after last reboot I am missing cards and also the target card.

I emailed one of the devs. not sure what will happen

B

Bamse41

I have lost almost all cards on 2 off my accounts.... something is really wrong i get error23 all the time i lsot my cards and i also lost other thing
((

G

this insane....on a store lot with at least a half dozen stuck sims.....which is causing crippling lag for everybody else, but yet when asked nicely to reset the lot they say 'quit your pancakes, go talk to the devs'
So much for store owners actually catering to customers, I guess they're pissed off that they can't be terminally afk today.

G

ok - got booted
(

Logged back in to place my last 2 cards (YAY me) only to find that the rest had poofed, including my red completion card

G

I'm waiting until tomorrow to keep trying to find yellow cards, myself....lot owners just arent very tolerant of all the lag and glitches, and it's just way more stressful than a game oughtta be.

Is there anything I need to do after I finally do get enough yellow cards to add up to my target number (39)? I don't have a lot, so I will have to leave those cards in my inventory, which I believe I remember reading is just fine, right?

T

TSO-E Sarah

<blockquote><hr>

OK, I never got an e-mail, and the blog post is totally blank (white) on my screen, which is weird.....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have an old version of internet explorer you need to scroll way down to see it, I think

T

TSO-E Sarah

<blockquote><hr>

Is there anything I need to do after I finally do get enough yellow cards to add up to my target number (39)? I don't have a lot, so I will have to leave those cards in my inventory, which I believe I remember reading is just fine, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. The challenge is to find and own dot cards whose face values add up to your target. Congratulations on trading to get them all so quickly. It does not matter if the cards are all in your inventory or sll on your lot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok - got booted
(

Logged back in to place my last 2 cards (YAY me) only to find that the rest had poofed, including my red completion card

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm bot booted again, logged back on and they are back.

Just got booted again though so maybe the'll poof again lol

*Carrie - shaz has 2 yellow*

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I placed mine on my lot, and now they disappeared, they don't show up. But if i click buy mode and the place where they were, it shows its there, so...ugh...i cleared out cache and went back, but still don't show up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ok - got booted
(

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm bot booted again, logged back on and they are back.

Just got booted again though so maybe the'll poof again lol

*Carrie - shaz has 2 yellow*

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* was trying to trade with shaz when things went down....I'll try to go back in now and see if I can contact her in game to see if she can meet me on a less congested lot. The attitudes of the roomies on that lot we originally met at was just......gah
LOL

G

rofl yup - i left just after that (or did we get booted, can't remember
)

Shes's at her place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

rofl yup - i left just after that (or did we get booted, can't remember
)

[/ QUOTE ]

The lot finally crashed, which is a good thing for the half dozen people that were stuck there since the damned roomies would not reset it, instead saying 'blame the devs'....
OK, logging into EA Land again now, had patched back to TC3 to test and see if I was affected by the new bug (I am
)

Edit: EAL down, maybe they are fixing the TC3 issues and needed EAL to be down also. We shall soon see. *crosses fingers* I'll contact shaz ASAP when I can finally get in.

G

LOL we missed each other, EAL has just gone gone down for the CC merge.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is the prize?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another color of the same lava lamps from last week

G

I just came back to the game on sunday, so I don't know what the prize was from the game last week. oof so we get a lamp? I want a lamp, just wonder if it's worth sifting thru all the crabby players that don't want to exchange cards, or play the Lava game LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just came back to the game on sunday, so I don't know what the prize was from the game last week. oof so we get a lamp? I want a lamp, just wonder if it's worth sifting thru all the crabby players that don't want to exchange cards, or play the Lava game LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I just throw the crab back in their faces...I refuse to be talked to like a dog, especially by players who are running public store lots by choice. The way I feel about it, if they don't want to get off their lazy asses to answer questions from players who have never played before, then the simple solution is to just not open your lot on Wednesdays, so that people can go to lots that are open with sims in them that actually *want* to help. It was actually intimated to me this morning that I was lying about not being able to read the blog post, even after I identified myself as a regular reader of Stratics and the blog, not a newbie that was just being lazy not *wanting* to find the information. I understand that there are many players who *do* fall into that category, but it isn't fair to just assume that everybody who asks questions falls into that category, especially when you're an owner or a roomie of a lot in a category that is there for the PURPOSE of assisting customers with their questions.

G

I'm making a new blog post today of an e-mail address to send bugs to. Those that are missing the cards, please e-mail that addy.

Status
Not open for further replies.