• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Lava Fish from Water?

K.W. Li

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a question maybe a little bit silly....Is that possible to catch a Lava Fish from the water in Stygian Abyss Dungeon?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question maybe a little bit silly....Is that possible to catch a Lava Fish from the water in Stygian Abyss Dungeon?
No, sorry it's Lava only for the Lava Fish. You'll need to do Fishing Quests to get a Lava Hook, but you'll get 2-3 fish with bait in the 50 casts a hook gives you, I found.

Last edited:

K.W. Li

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never got one fishing from Water in Underworld, and I've not tried in the Stygian Abyss except with Lava Poles. The Order Of The Dragonfish books state only Stygian Abyss, and lava;

Lava Fish:
This fish be found in the lava rivers o' the Stygian Abyss. When prepared correctly and eaten, it be increasin' yer mana when ye be injured.
So I'd say the Stratics information is incorrect.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe it might have been an early bug with the fish, that got fixed somewhere down the line (then again, it might still be out there and just not happened for us).