• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

latest on PHOENIX of DW

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
phoenix of dw was admitted to hospital last week. they have found an infection on the inside of the of the insision. infection is severe. she is in ICU. as of mon 4/23 she is still there getting massive doses of antiboctics. they are talking about going in and cleaning out infection.

dats all for now folks

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ozog.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UPDATE AS OF 7PM

THEY WILL BE OPENING HER WEDS OR THURS TO CLEAN OUT THE INFECTION
Any idea how soon they think after that they will be able to get her out of the ICU so she can have visitors?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
infection was in sternum where they cracked her chest, they removed the infected bone,moved some chest muscles around to cover ther missing bone piece

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
infection was in sternum where they cracked her chest, they removed the infected bone,moved some chest muscles around to cover ther missing bone piece
How is she doing? That doesn't sound good at all.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
say shes doing fine, well she should be on as much pain meds they got her on. wont be wake til tomorrow on a vent

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope everyone is keeping her in their prayers... I sure am.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us know once she is out of the ICU. If my work schedule allows I will go see her. I suppose I could just sneak into the ICU but I suspect that the nurses will code 100 me for that so I am trying to avoid it.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
phoenix awake breathing on her and tripping. want to argue with her sister bout wot day she had surgery

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
she just called very sore and voice is very raspy from having vent in. will be in hospital another week

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh the thumb nail is out great grand daughter
Congrats on the great grand daughter. Your getting old. Also so glad she is up. I will try and get over there but it may be a bit as my car has just crossed over.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
she is outta icu in room 8518 will be there 3/5 days then nursing home for therpy

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am going to try and get in there before work tomorrow.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you, guys, for keeping the updates coming!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats good I wasn't able to make it out today but I can try again tomorrow morning. Work is beating me down with hours anymore.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of when I saw her today she was thinking that she was going to be in at least until friday. She doesn't want to go to the nursing home and she might not need to its going to depend on her strength level as she can change her own dressings and do her own IVs. That being said while she is very tired she was sitting up when I saw her and can get out of bed. Considering how much she has been through she is in great spirits and asked about everyone. She is tough and she looks pretty good. She said the worst thing was knowing what the food rotation in the hospital was. I can't say I disagree. They are treating her well and she is in the new wing so its a nice room. The nurses in that area are nice and it seems shes been working with the mean lady from the Rehab department, but thats a good thing since the mean one gets results and she is nice deep down. If she has any problems I offered to start pulling stings but she said things are going well. She looked good for being in there good color but she does have a nasty and painful cough. Let me tell you she is one tough lady.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As of when I saw her today she was thinking that she was going to be in at least until friday. She doesn't want to go to the nursing home and she might not need to its going to depend on her strength level as she can change her own dressings and do her own IVs. That being said while she is very tired she was sitting up when I saw her and can get out of bed. Considering how much she has been through she is in great spirits and asked about everyone. She is tough and she looks pretty good. She said the worst thing was knowing what the food rotation in the hospital was. I can't say I disagree. They are treating her well and she is in the new wing so its a nice room. The nurses in that area are nice and it seems shes been working with the mean lady from the Rehab department, but thats a good thing since the mean one gets results and she is nice deep down. If she has any problems I offered to start pulling stings but she said things are going well. She looked good for being in there good color but she does have a nasty and painful cough. Let me tell you she is one tough lady.
RELAPSE. THEY FOUND HER HAS A HEMORAGE, SHE DOES NOT WANT THEM GOING BACK. SHES VERY SCARED AND DEPRESSED.I GOT HER DOCTORS OFFICE HE IS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME I WANT ANS.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
RELAPSE. THEY FOUND HER HAS A HEMORAGE, SHE DOES NOT WANT THEM GOING BACK. SHES VERY SCARED AND DEPRESSED.I GOT HER DOCTORS OFFICE HE IS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME I WANT ANS.
OK HEMORAGE NOT AS BAD AS WE THOUGHT. ITS FROM A WEAK SPOT ON HER LUNG FROM SMOKING. BLOOD FROM CAVITY SEEPING THROUGH BAD SPOT NOW AND THEN.NOT GOING TO DO NUFFIN FOR IT. HOPES TO BE HOME ON MOTHERS DAY
THAT IS ALL FROM CALL CENTRAL

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK HEMORAGE NOT AS BAD AS WE THOUGHT. ITS FROM A WEAK SPOT ON HER LUNG FROM SMOKING. BLOOD FROM CAVITY SEEPING THROUGH BAD SPOT NOW AND THEN.NOT GOING TO DO NUFFIN FOR IT. HOPES TO BE HOME ON MOTHERS DAY
THAT IS ALL FROM CALL CENTRAL
That matches what I saw since its public now I don't mind saying it. Wanted to protect her privacy about that. At least she should be getting out of there soon.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope there aren't any more complications. Hang in there, Phoenix... you'll be back home soon! *hugs from afar*

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, hope she gets well soon, and thank you for the updates of course!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went to see her again today. Its been pretty good for the most part she is a fighter. The doctors are saying she is doing remarkably well which is good. Her color is coming back nicely. She has a friend up from SC so she is getting visitors.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to hear things are getting better..... from a UO player over on Baja.... we are all family.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
good to hear things are getting better..... from a UO player over on Baja.... we are all family.
ty baja is a fun shard. SHE MAYBE COMING HOME TODAY OR TOMORROW. WITH AN IV AND LOTS OF PAIN PILLS THOUGH. WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE SHE BACK IN UO.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ty baja is a fun shard. SHE MAYBE COMING HOME TODAY OR TOMORROW. WITH AN IV AND LOTS OF PAIN PILLS THOUGH. WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE SHE BACK IN UO.
Yes her surgeon was postive about her prognosis yesterday. Let us know Ozog as I might be able to swing in tomorrow if my test drive isn't that long.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
SHE MAYBE COMING HOME TODAY OR TOMORROW. WITH AN IV AND LOTS OF PAIN PILLS THOUGH. WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE SHE BACK IN UO.
Great news! On her way home! Thank you for keeping us updated! :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's good to hear she is home again and doing better. Thank you for the good news. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At some point I will be checking up on her at home but I want to give her a few days to rest.