• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Latest KR patch - 813MB???

D

davebobbit

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but i though i would just vent my bewilderment at the size of this latest patch for KR.

The size alone wouldnt really be a problem as I am on 8MB broadband, but EA's hosting servers/bandwidth must be overloaded or something because after over an hour of downloading its still less than 10% finished.

If we are to have such huge patches, could they please be hosted on servers so that those of us who are lucky enough to be able to download such content can actually do so without having to wait as if we had dial-up?

G

Yeah see 10mbps when connecting to EA's servers is like 50kbps... Can you download this anywhere else? LOL... The devs are too busy playing with their super dragons, pet balls, and wolf form.

G

I've not had this problem.
Perhaps your ISP is having trouble?

G

Perhaps it's because of those Ninja/Stealth/Tamers/Pet Ballers... That's probably it.

D

davebobbit

<blockquote><hr>

I've not had this problem.
Perhaps your ISP is having trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if i pop onto download.com for example and download a random software demo I get a 600kbps rate on most things.

Oh well, I guess EA just dont want me to play KR

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Flutter, I didn't have a problem downloading it. I've patched it within two days after it's release and I think I needed about 10 to 15 minutes to download it...

Perhaps 'EA's intarrweb' is busy

X

xxEvolusxx

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah see 10mbps when connecting to EA's servers is like 50kbps... Can you download this anywhere else? LOL... The devs are too busy playing with their super dragons, pet balls, and wolf form.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know the devs bought EA's servers, and maintained them. I guess you learn something new everyday.

D

DarkChronus

I also didn't have trouble downloading it the day it was released (can't vouch for today obviously). Hopefully it speeds up for you