• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Latency

C

Cloak&Dagger

Not sure how accurate the SA is, but am I the only one to notice that on the SA client it tells me my latency is nearly 4 times the amount it actually is?

Just wondering if the SA client is pinging right and displaying correctly, then my latency is 4x the amount it should be, and 4 times the amount of the 2d client. This would completely explain the "performance" issues I thought I was having. On the other hand if it is not accurate I am back and wondering why it is running how it is. =\

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure it just isn't doing it right.. same thing happened in KR.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had three guildies use the SA client and all three are claiming lag. Some kind of slowdown, whereas 2D does not.
Yet I have not seen this, or maybe i'm just used to KR.

C

Cloak&Dagger

In KR and SA the latency is about 70% of the 2D value.
I assume you mean 70% greater? Or 170%? Just curious because 70% would mean it would be lower than the 2d value(which is also wrong but not nearly by as much) and then that would not be the case.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I had three guildies use the SA client and all three are claiming lag. Some kind of slowdown, whereas 2D does not.
Yet I have not seen this, or maybe i'm just used to KR.

Yea there is a sort of "lag" where as there is not one in 2d, but SA runs "smoother" at the same time, which actually makes the lag VERY apparent. So it could just be that your guild mates, and my self obviously, are just not noticing the 2d lag since we are use to how that client runs, where as with SA we are noticing it due to its better handling.... Not to sure, but for me it is sort of annoying and I have been dealing with it for a rather long time.

C

CroMag1980

I noticed something when lightning striking, the spell is not activated until the key-press ENDS. So hold down your LS macro for 30 seconds it will not activate until you let go. Hopefully they fix this - I did report.

Obviously this must apply to all hotkeys - it needs to be triggered by the initiation of the keypress not by the end of the input signal what kind of clueless computing graduates have they hired :) it's a game the standards for user interaction responsiveness for something like a website are not good enough for a game.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In KR and SA the latency is about 70% of the 2D value.
I assume you mean 70% greater? Or 170%? Just curious because 70% would mean it would be lower than the 2d value(which is also wrong but not nearly by as much) and then that would not be the case.[/QUOTE]

No Literally a reduction in lag of approximately 70% as in 2D lag * .7 = KR/SA lag (as reported)