• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last year’s grandfather clocks are now an obstacle.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello my fellow house decor fans…

I don’t know if you’ve noticed this. I’ve thought there was something very wrong with my houses when I couldn’t pass cretin areas all the sudden. This last publish has seen SO MANY BUGS come to the game… it must be a record. Plus, for the first time, so many of these bugs have effected me. Being deadly poisoned and nearly dying for just logging in with my tamer for an example. All that extra testing they did… and yet, I see nothing being done to fix anything.

I really don’t know if this is a bug or what. Those really cool large grandfather clocks suffered a sudden staff rule change in this last publish. I thought something was very wrong when I couldn’t pass an area of my house. Then I realized it was the clock. We got those over a year ago. They make really nice chime noises. For over a year, they were not an obstacle. NOW, they are! A senseless change of the rules.

True, I’m sure that as far as logic goes, a large clock would be an obstacle. What I don’t like is leaving something for so long and then they suddenly changing their minds. I can easily see people throwing the clocks into a container and being done with it. A real shame.

Logic, I know is questionable in this case… but TEST… release… leave it alone. lol.

I just want to let everyone know if they run into this issue… that’s why. Covering up house teleporter pads and using the clocks as like ‘a secret passage’ no longer works. That’s one case I had going.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have me curious. What's a 'cretin area'? I've not met that term before

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cretin areas are certain areas full of cretins.

edit: and grandfather clocks have always blocked movement in the EC. Jack O' Lanterns too.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well… not every house is large, clearly. I had a clock in a small room at the top of a ladder… before a door to a room I use all the time, never had trouble passing by before. Now, yeah. Have to figure out something else.

I first discovered there was an issue at another house I control. A clock was sitting on a teleporter, on top of a gaza mat that was covering the ugly thing. So, that was impossible to overcome… I had to move it.

Normally, I stay away from standard house teleporters… trying to keep more realistic, unless quick access or hidden passage is called for. The house second house in question was a dear friend’s only house and he wanted the best security I could design. I’m trying to keep his house alive as a memorial. You know.

I’m also surprised the jack-o-lanterns were an obstacle before. They are BIG.

S

soulstoner

Right - I stubbed my pinky toe on my grandfather clock last week and had to move it. :p I was able to pass the clock and get up the stairs by couldn't get back down... thank goodness for "leave house".

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Right - I stubbed my pinky toe on my grandfather clock last week and had to move it. :p I was able to pass the clock and get up the stairs by couldn't get back down... thank goodness for "leave house".
:lol: I wish my RL house had a few "pass though" objects. I've broken my small toe twice. Yeah I'm a clutz... :blushing:

S

soulstoner

:lol: I wish my RL house had a few "pass though" objects. I've broken my small toe twice. Yeah I'm a clutz... :blushing:
lolz - Ouch - I am in the clutz club as well -- broke pinky toe once on kitchen hutch this past summer.... that's a long heal. Stupid furniture :rolleyes:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like some people need steel-toed slippers. :p

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah, but old habits die hard. My poor Mom tried, but couldn't keep me from going barefoot even when I was a kid... and I'm still doing it. :)

S

soulstoner

Yeah, but old habits die hard. My poor Mom tried, but couldn't keep me from going barefoot even when I was a kid... and I'm still doing it. :)
check out "Acorn.com" >>>Women's Slippers >>>> The SPA FIT Z-STRAP & the SHIMMER THONG. This mfg'er produces very high quality long lasting wear - mine continues to be good as new & uber-comfortable after many ventures through the wash-machine. The sole provides a strong barrier extending outside of the toe-line. :thumbsup:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
check out "Acorn.com" >>>Women's Slippers >>>> The SPA FIT Z-STRAP & the SHIMMER THONG. This mfg'er produces very high quality long lasting wear - mine continues to be good as new & uber-comfortable after many ventures through the wash-machine. The sole provides a strong barrier extending outside of the toe-line. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. :)