• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last parry chance

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From the latest patch notes:

New Item Property – Last Parry Chance

When players parry any attack with a shield or weapon it will now display the last parry chance % on the item.

Can anyone clarify what this means?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it will show you your chance to parry at your last chance to parry(so your current dci)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
one more time, since you didn't read what i wrote, it will show you your percentage chance to parry an attack on your last successful parry.

so if you have 45%dci, and 40% chance to parry, and you parry, it will show 40%
if you drop bushido, and just use a shield and parry, it will show a different amount.

it is not an added enhancement, it just more info now.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
one more time, since you didn't read what i wrote, it will show you your percentage chance to parry an attack on your last successful parry.

so if you have 45%dci, and 40% chance to parry, and you parry, it will show 40%
if you drop bushido, and just use a shield and parry, it will show a different amount.

it is not an added enhancement, it just more info now.
I read it I'm just dumb man! I got it now ty

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still dumb. Don't understand how that information helps you, to know whata chance you had...

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In a perfect world, it makes it easier for people that are testing withoit being hit with lower defense.

So your parry chance normal is...
And with evasion its...
With bushido its...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
From the latest patch notes:

New Item Property – Last Parry Chance

When players parry any attack with a shield or weapon it will now display the last parry chance % on the item.

Can anyone clarify what this means?
Thats pretty cool..Where do you see the LPC numbers? By clicking on Shield or something? Is this in present publish? Ty..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a property that pops up on your Wep/Shield after you Parry an attack on TC. They've added it because they're going to be nerfing how effective Parry is for Mages due to PvP, so being able to see the actual Parry % will help people test it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm just happy those past Devs gave us actual resists and not "resists when last hit by a mongbat". Interesting design choice.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a property that pops up on your Wep/Shield after you Parry an attack on TC. They've added it because they're going to be nerfing how effective Parry is for Mages due to PvP, so being able to see the actual Parry % will help people test it.

And oif course that will wash over into PvM and ruin it as well...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just figure they're collecting info to make adjustments...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And oif course that will wash over into PvM and ruin it as well...
On the Official UO Forums, the devs were talking about Necromancy also being in the list of skills that when paired with Parry would trigger lower chance to Parry than normal, that would mess with some Sampire/Wammy templates in PvM. For example, when my Wammy does Chief Paroxysmus, i swap my GM Resist for GM Parry, and that would trigger the proposed Parry nerf.
Honestly, it only makes sense for Magery+Parry to trigger the nerf.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just figure they're collecting info to make adjustments...
Right, because they don't have this data on hand and in easy to view formats.

On the Official UO Forums, the devs were talking about Necromancy also being in the list of skills that when paired with Parry would trigger lower chance to Parry than normal, that would mess with some Sampire/Wammy templates in PvM. For example, when my Wammy does Chief Paroxysmus, i swap my GM Resist for GM Parry, and that would trigger the proposed Parry nerf.
Honestly, it only makes sense for Magery+Parry to trigger the nerf.
Now this is a valid fear.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how many parry mage builds are actually being used for any higher end PvM?
I wish I had your confidence that they work out a fix specific to mages and not all parry users. Cause there was never ever collateral damage after a nerf.. :rolleyes: