• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last Nights VP Run

F

Fangs McWolf

:thumbup1: Im bonzo 105 laff lureless red duck
All my other toons are like 20 laff so ill only use them to get JBS!
(i havent maxed drop or TU, cuz i dont feel like it)
I'm not saying this applies to you, but for the most part, when I see someone who is 100+ laff and hasn't maxed (or come close to maxing) their gags, I generally wonder if they truly know how to play. Don't get me wrong, I won't refuse to go on a run with someone if they have a gag track that isn't maxed, but there are some people who will refuse to run with you for it because they may feel that you aren't a quality player because of not maxing your gags. Add in the fact that one of those tracks is toonup, and they might think that you don't like to give toonups on people and may be reluctant to go with you. Just as a mention but also, when I see someone who is lureless, I tend to wonder if they aren't trying to be selfish, for having trap and expecting people to lure it for them, but not being able to return the favor.

Again, not saying anything bad about you, just you might want to get those tracks maxed so others will see that you've taken the effort to do so, which in turn will show that you have learned your gags and know what you are doing.

As for using toons for beans, it's not uncommon to have 1 or more toons for the sole purpose of getting beans to spend. :)

The VP on sunday.... Well some 45 laffers joined us and lure missed twice killing the uber and one other toon ran so i didnt really have a choice. But the cfo was great(exept i accidentally dropped a safe on someone! :-():stretcher:
It happens, so don't worry about it. As for the safe on a toon in CFO.. It'll slide off of the toon, it won't hurt them or take away their laff.

I hate to Vp unless its on beanfest because There are like ALWAYS ppl 45 laff or less and i have NO idea how they even got their suits(woulda posted yesterday but fogot)
They got their sell suits like anyone else, by going through the factory enough times to get all the parts. They can get it while they are 15 laff, and there are some 20 laff toons running around that are HW50's. Don't judge a player by their laff or even their suit level. Use it as a guide maybe, for what problems you MAY encounter, but don't judge the quality of their skill on it. You're more likely to find a good quality player that has low laff but high gags than with higher laff and not maxed gags. It's because they know how to work their gags, the importance of it and aren't afraid of a little bit of a challenge.

Hope this helps. :)

S

Steveo

Okay the VP run last night was bad I have to say. Bonzo was on the side with Ricky,Maze Runner, and Some other toon that bailed I think. This was one VP that was bad from the start. When we get on the elevator we need to make sure that at least a few good toons are on with maxed gags. When I go on the stratics VP run I try to bring ricky becasue its easier to aviod the shuffle and ususally we win this is the first time that I have went sad going on these runs. Bonzo just because you have some low toons does not mean that they are not good quality players. I agree 100% with fangs. I have another toon Steveo that I have soloed the VP with so if you are saying that since we had 45 laffers we lost because of that then I have to say you are wrong. We lost becasue no one had decent gags on our side and lure missed twice. I dont know if you were the one on my side but I think you were you bailed before you went sad. I was the last player standing on my side trying to fight off four cogs and then you bailed. Hopefully next sunday vp will be better.

S

Steveo

I have to say that was a pretty bad VP run last night. My wife and I took our ducks that were 60 and 58 laugh. Eric brought his uber Maze Runner and not paying attention at the toons that were on I jumped on. GOt off the elevator and got on the side with Eric, Bonzo I think was there name and another toon that came in the vp and did not fill his laugh meter. His lure missed twice and almost instantly Eric went sad. Long story short if we keep doing the load and go we need to make sure that everyone has some quality players with a group. Anyway cfo was good.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was cringing as I saw that load being put together. I said something out load about someone big needing to board, but right after Flippers loaded.

I was talking to Wolfie during and after this run. Maybe it's time to give his idea a try. Like HWs on left, everything else (ubers holly or not included) on the right, and 4 from each side load.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well some 45 laffers joined us and lure missed twice killing the uber and one other toon ran so i didnt really have a choice.
You don't run from Stratics runs, unless you're the ONLY one left. Heck that should apply to all runs, not just Stratics.

S

Steveo

I think that might be a good idea to try. So 4 hollywoods should get in first followed by 4 smaller toons. That way you can see who is on.

F

Flippers

Scuse - Toesies has maxed throw and squirt and organic goggles. A Mingler with 3 other keyed sell toons (4 if I kept LOW) is no slouch.

What I'd like to know is what happened on the other side?

We heard eric go early alas. Then we heard one other. Then it was quiet. What happened to the other two we were going to help through? Was it the sad bug? If we had those two to rescue then 3 on each side for the skel would have been a piece of cake. Did I mention Flappy's first run was a 6-man VP?

During the halftime when one asked what should we do (and I certainly had the level 7s and SOS to continue incl a cogs miss expendable card), the duck just tped out without a word.

Toesies has done a two-side skel round before, and we finished ahead of the 3-side team at the time. It's all in the skill and working together.

S

susan4633

really sorry you guys went sad. i went with the next elevator to make sure a certain green dog friend didn't block the back hole for the aces we had back there. she's a kid so even though she SAID she understood, i needed to make SURE she understood.
maybe we do need to load from the left and right to mix up high gags w lower gags. suit size may mean nothing considering we all start new toons when our big ones get boring or we want a break from da/mint/golf.

S

Steveo

Flippers I was on the side with Eric. When he went sad after that one toon left so that only left two of us Bonzo and Ricky (ME) He had no Lure and we have not even defeated one cog as of yet. After that he bonzo left and that just left me I tried to stay til you guys got done but I had nothing to hold them off except 2 cogs miss cards and a small magnet that missed. After I went sad That only left 4 not 6. It was a Very bad vp run.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe we do need to load from the left and right to mix up high gags w lower gags. suit size may mean nothing considering we all start new toons when our big ones get boring or we want a break from da/mint/golf.
It means something only because of the availability of gags.Yeah, even my HW50 mouse with 30 laff has maxed gags, but she'll run out if she's with too many toons like her, or low gags in general. We're never going to get an elevator completely even, I don't think, but Wolfie's idea has merit, now more than ever. And I said ubers on the right with the non Hollys for the reason above.. even out the ones with more gags.

S

susan4633

oooowww. wasn't thinking about how many gags. you are so totally right.

F

Flippers

I dont know what you mean by "too many toons like her" Trish. The VP uber runs CCG has weekly are the easiest and smoothest runs for smaller toons, simply by virtue of the fact that everyone has a bigger toon somewhere and they know how to play. The ones who fall are the 15 laffers mostly, and even they enjoy more success in those runs. I think for Flappy choosing gags is easier with them because they're less likely to use sound, so I can stock more throw and squirt. I'll bring a couple of sound gags to take out the last cogs in the first round.

I say if a 34 laff toon can solo the factory and a 4 lvl bldg, they certainly arent a liability in a VP run :)

Stocking gags is the hardest thing of all IMHO. You never know which you'll need in a mixed run when the most you can hold is 25-35. Maybe Trish mouse has it tougher in gag stocking decisions because toonup is so popular LOL.

Anyway if you're going to be segregating by laff and suit, I'm going to have to make yet another decision about participating, which would suck.

Steveo I'm sorry that you went sad - some sounds obviously dont output under some conditions. I wonder if either of you had some sort of SOS toon that would have helped? It's the last thing people often think about. If I had a dime for every time I could have and should have used one in a situation... well, I'd be maxed in everything, right?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's personal opinion, but I think our runs should be mainly about the end product, the SOS reward. Sure it's fun to challenge one's self, but to not enjoy the run just because it wasn't a challenge for you is another thing.
I would think one would like to win than die. BUT if you would rather die and forfeit the SOS reward, more power to ya!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know what you mean by "too many toons like her" Trish. The VP uber runs CCG has weekly are the easiest and smoothest runs for smaller toons, simply by virtue of the fact that everyone has a bigger toon somewhere and they know how to play. The ones who fall are the 15 laffers mostly, and even they enjoy more success in those runs. I think for Flappy choosing gags is easier with them because they're less likely to use sound, so I can stock more throw and squirt. I'll bring a couple of sound gags to take out the last cogs in the first round.
Ok that's wonderful. 8 ubers all running together. All understand uberism, and all know which gags who has beforehand. That's not us.

I say if a 34 laff toon can solo the factory and a 4 lvl bldg, they certainly arent a liability in a VP run :)
I'm not saying ubers are liabilities. I'm saying a run like yesterday's needs to be avoided if we can manage it.

Stocking gags is the hardest thing of all IMHO. You never know which you'll need in a mixed run when the most you can hold is 25-35. Maybe Trish mouse has it tougher in gag stocking decisions because toonup is so popular LOL.
Yeah things woulda been easier if I picked sound. I didn't want easier. :p

Anyway if you're going to be segregating by laff and suit, I'm going to have to make yet another decision about participating, which would suck.
It's your decision. But I was hearing it from you while I was trying to pie our VP, so I know you weren't happy with the way the run went either. And I'm SURE half the people who show up for the VP run don't even read here, they're just friends of friends. I know this won't happen in the organized way the CFO does. But it's a start.

Steveo I'm sorry that you went sad - some sounds obviously dont output under some conditions. I wonder if either of you had some sort of SOS toon that would have helped? It's the last thing people often think about. If I had a dime for every time I could have and should have used one in a situation... well, I'd be maxed in everything, right?
First of all, he mentions he stalled with the cards he had. Secondly.. No you wouldn't be maxed in everything cuz that's not how you roll.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's personal opinion, but I think our runs should be mainly about the end product, the SOS reward.
Agreed. If we manage to get 8 ubers together that want to run on a different day, then :thumbup1:

F

Flippers

Ok that's wonderful. 8 ubers all running together. All understand uberism, and all know which gags who has beforehand. That's not us.
It was an example that small toons are not the problem. Besides, you know what others have if you check their stats one way or the other. Some ubers have ONE gag. I'm not going to stop using squirt because some eccentric decided to carry just throw. Some toons pick TU and drop for their 3rd and 4th track. The only gag an uber can't carry is Trap.

btw I dont think it's asking for too much to SLIGHTLY adjust play habits if a smaller toon is there. Part of skill is being able to change gears when the situation calls for it. When there's a big toon on one side, you'd think with all their big gags and 80 complement that they can put out a TNT or a piano to start. That doesnt always happen, and maybe it doesnt occur to them that they have more big gags to work with and some to minimize the chance of a Holly retaliation on the tinier toons. A toon on our side did for us I think. At least I practice what I preach: I'll put that TNT or piano out first, and unless the uber wants to play that way, I'll let them lead in the gags since they usually have a method. In the end the sequence doesnt take any longer *shrug*

I'm not saying ubers are liabilities. I'm saying a run like yesterday's needs to be avoided if we can manage it.
You can't. You can never anticipate how someone is wired and how the gags are picked. And then - yes, after all that - there are the cogs and whether the gags miss and who they attack. To be honest I went sad with Flappy the least because of the cogs during my runs, but once I maxed The Big Three gags, he rarely lost a run EXCEPT to the cogs.

Yeah things woulda been easier if I picked sound. I didn't want easier. :p
LOL thats the point of taking on the challenge, but did you anticipate what a pain in the butt it was going to be deciding on WHAT to stock before each run? You always seem to need the one you didn't bring enough of and have another left over. The only time I use everything and run out of gags altogether (except one time in the VP on Toesies) is in buildings.

...But I was hearing it from you while I was trying to pie our VP, so I know you weren't happy with the way the run went either. And I'm SURE half the people who show up for the VP run don't even read here, they're just friends of friends. I know this won't happen in the organized way the CFO does. But it's a start.
Well, one never knows really what happens. Didnt hear the wa wa waaa from Ricky. And the curt exit of a toon while us other three were pondering the situation. This has nothing to do with suits or laff but of courtesy and communication - and the occasional game glitch. And how can anyone be happy about a run where half the toons went sad? Personally I dont think even attending on a big toon those others would have stuck around. Well, at least one for sure.

Secondly.. No you wouldn't be maxed in everything cuz that's not how you roll.
Well, I meant in everything I want to pursue, because Mr Stinky will only do Boss and Holoduck still has half his RB runs to do, and Iron Ham just does CJs, and LOM is LOM. And then there's that overwhelming dislike I have for the mint...

But seriously folks, and you might not like to hear this...

There's a cluster who sets themselves aside to conveniently run together instead of evenly dispersing among the group. I would think a touch of their ilk in every load would certainly help matters. If we're a group together and there's no special milestone run, we should intermingle if WE are Stratics. I've always believed if 6-8 people run together all the time anyway, they dont need anyone else to up and do one.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was an example that small toons are not the problem. Besides, you know what others have if you check their stats one way or the other. Some ubers have ONE gag. I'm not going to stop using squirt because some eccentric decided to carry just throw.
Small toons aren't the problem, until ALL the toons are small and ubers. This run proved that if anything did. Oh and my opinion: "ubers" with one gag aren't helpful in any way.

btw I dont think it's asking for too much to SLIGHTLY adjust play habits if a smaller toon is there.
Nope, me neither. But we're talking about a run with ALL babies and ubers. That's different.

To be honest I went sad with Flappy the least because of the cogs during my runs, but once I maxed The Big Three gags, he rarely lost a run EXCEPT to the cogs.
And Flappy is a 4 track uber, right? 4 track is CONSIDERABLY easier than 3 track. Again.. this run had a few babies (some with bad gags), a 4 AND a 3 track uber.

LOL thats the point of taking on the challenge, but did you anticipate what a pain in the butt it was going to be deciding on WHAT to stock before each run?
Yep I knew it would come, but that didn't make it any easier. I don't pack much TU on her because I know it's used the least, yet everyone has an ample supply. I'd rather run out of TU than the big stuff.

Well, one never knows really what happens. Didnt hear the wa wa waaa from Ricky. And the curt exit of a toon while us other three were pondering the situation. This has nothing to do with suits or laff but of courtesy and communication - and the occasional game glitch. And how can anyone be happy about a run where half the toons went sad? Personally I dont think even attending on a big toon those others would have stuck around. Well, at least one for sure.
Sure. But the next run had majority large suits and big gags. If it were more evened out, there would be a bigger chance of everyone surviving. Not everyone sees the VP as a challenge. Heck, I never do anymore. Even my mouse can survive most anything now that she has 30 laff. It's about the fun and the reward for me and for most.

There's a cluster who sets themselves aside to conveniently run together instead of evenly dispersing among the group. I would think a touch of their ilk in every load would certainly help matters. If we're a group together and there's no special milestone run, we should intermingle if WE are Stratics. I've always believed if 6-8 people run together all the time anyway, they dont need anyone else to up and do one.
I agree with you in a sense and we'll just call it as we see it (Wolfie). It is nice that his 6 or so are not there in the beginning so stragglers get a chance to go in. I ALWAYS wait til the last load (not including Wolfie's) because I'd rather be the one that doesn't get to go if that's how it ends up. That said, we are NOT CCG, we ARE Stratics, like you said. Many of us have our friends we'd rather go with, or are only there because of, or whatever. Many of us don't even read Toontown Stratics. And occasionally I'll ask Wolfie for a volunteer from his group to even things out, and they comply without a problem. Every so often I get a little selfish, like I did in the CJ last night. Someone I normally don't get to play with is there and I keep them for myself. But I do try to remember who I've run with lately and who I haven't to mix things up, I figure if I do that for myself then I'm probably mixing everyone else up too.

H

Holocog

Sorry maze runner (and ducks)! i was going to use my TU unite but i forgot i used it in DDL(my unites are gone when im there) and like every other unite i got was a gag up unite. i stilll cant believe lure missed twice. maybe it was bad luck-(i wanted lure on my duck but i was exited about drop so i made the sacrifice but now i would rather have lure) Well maybe we shoulve waited for a stronger gruop. if the 2 other people had maxed sound, then maybe..... oh well maybe next time.:sad4:

H

Holocog

WEll yes i was the ONLY one left and my point is that happened because lure missed. I dont have a problem with 45 laffers because your gags were good. Toonup WILL get maxed but drop isnt my concern 3 safes and 2 big weights ALL MISSED yes i want lure now. I am not blaming anybody for what happend.(i blame myself for using my toons hit sos card):gee:

Oh heres something else: 3 sfs Me and two other almost maxed toons went to do a front 3. And a 45 laff rabbit with lv 4 sound throw and squirt joined us. We didnt care because we were planning to do the run by ourselves anyhow. We do fine untill we get to a row of 3 big cheeses lv 11 and a corporate raider V2.0 lv 10 or 11(i forgot) We used lure so we could Tu ppl who lost 20 laff for failing the maze run. The rabbit pulls out an aooogah. "dont use sound on lured cogs" "dont use sound on lured cogs" but there was no reply so everyone took about 21 damage and the rabbit took about 38. We lured agaon an you'd think he learned his lesson! So we spent an extra turn of gags and wasted time. So now we have to be picky about that. And my sfs didnt want a middle 6 or a back nine.

F

Flippers

Small toons aren't the problem, until ALL the toons are small and ubers. This run proved that if anything did. Oh and my opinion: "ubers" with one gag aren't helpful in any way.
I agree, but when you're maxed then it barely matters regardless of the size.

btw babies in general can be a problem if they don't know how to play. They can take big toons down real fast in a skel round. My humbling moment was 2 yrs ago when Flippers went sad for his HW48 run.

Why is there a distinction among the small toons? Because let's face it: running a 6-man VP is a breeze and if the small gagged toon knows what to do, it's a nonissue if they are the fourth toon in the run.

Wait till I hold Toesies' Mingler 11 run. You'll love the rules ;)

And Flappy is a 4 track uber, right? 4 track is CONSIDERABLY easier than 3 track. Again.. this run had a few babies (some with bad gags), a 4 AND a 3 track uber.
True, but he rarely uses his sound, while you would make more use of your TU. It balances out. His power gags are the other three, and they are IMHO what truly matter in just about any fight or building.

Sure. But the next run had majority large suits and big gags. If it were more evened out, there would be a bigger chance of everyone surviving. Not everyone sees the VP as a challenge. Heck, I never do anymore. Even my mouse can survive most anything now that she has 30 laff. It's about the fun and the reward for me and for most.
And here I was thinking like a big toon and filling the 8th spot. I thought: okay, I have good lure and that will help. Course someone on my side sabotaged a couple of them by using their unmaxed blue mag with me, and the smallest toon was on the other side anyway.

I didnt run with any friends or XDs in the run btw.

-=-=-=-=-

You know me: any CJ with good stunning is too easy LOL. Give me everyone at the scale and jumping to the beat. Whenever you left for evidence I thought "oh goodie" heh ... btw off topic but on topic: I said "no thank you" at some point because some (I think it was a) dog kept pelting me with evidence instead of hitting the scale. And yeah I was full laff. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! It was easier to find than "You need to hit the scale." Eventually he either stopped or ran out of evidence lol. We need an "I have enough laff points" speedchat.

S

Stubby

I'm not saying this applies to you, but for the most part, when I see someone who is 100+ laff and hasn't maxed (or come close to maxing) their gags, I generally wonder if they truly know how to play. Don't get me wrong, I won't refuse to go on a run with someone if they have a gag track that isn't maxed, but there are some people who will refuse to run with you for it because they may feel that you aren't a quality player because of not maxing your gags. Add in the fact that one of those tracks is toonup, and they might think that you don't like to give toonups on people and may be reluctant to go with you. Just as a mention but also, when I see someone who is lureless, I tend to wonder if they aren't trying to be selfish, for having trap and expecting people to lure it for them, but not being able to return the favor.
I dont know, I have been playing my Stubby, 107 laff, for several months. She is trapless and not maxed in lure or drop. In fact, I just got my pianos a few weeks ago with the help of some awesome players here. I don't have my goggles yet, but I just dont think about using lure, unless I am asked or someone throws a trap. I think I still need just over 1000 pts, but I don't think I am selfish, and I think I am a decent player, just slower at getting those two maxed. I hope I am not being sterotyped because I choose to take my time maxing those gags. Besides, I play purely for fun and try not to take any of this too seriously. :popcorn:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok ok. I see your point, you see mine. What I'd like to hear is how others think. We always do what's best for the majority. Or at least the majority that speaks up..

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is going to look a little funky now, because I took a bunch of posts from "who are you" and put them here. Sorry for any confusion.

F

Flippers

Actually Wolfie I scrutinize someone with mediocre lure and bad sound closing in on 110. But I remember when Holoduck was 107 and couldnt get anyone to Boullion with him to become a Bean Counter. I've since made a point to max my sound while in my 80s-90s for a regular toon.

Or my friend, who took her black cat with another toon through buildings after halloween to rush through tasks and start her in the CJ with terrible gags. Often someone with higher laff and big gags is someone who runs multiple toons and lets the big one do all the work.

Sometimes it's the body language. If someone's around spastically and stepping on everybody, it often tells a tale of how a run with that toon will be.

S

Sheriff Tricky

Honestly, when I am on Maze Runner I do not mind going sad because I know it is going to happen. What I mind is when someone comes into a VP and ends up on my side with only 13 out of 53 laff. That is why I went out on a :stretcher:. Please remember ladies and gentlemen, if you bring friends that do not read this board that they come with full laff and a full stock of whatever gags they have. If we do this, then however we decide to do vp runs, we will be successful (especially if people learn how to change up their gameplay based on the other players).

Also, thank you to Trish and Susan for offering a revenge run as soon as you got done with CJ. As soon as I went sad, I had people whispering to me (Chanty and the teamspeak crew) offering for a revenge run. Even before I got into CFO, they had a group waiting for Steveo, his wife, and I. With school out now, I will be more available for things in the evening, so if you two need help with anything please let me know.:thumbup1:

T

toontownhappy

Flippers, I was the 72 laff blue cat on your side yesterday. I managed to communicate that I had maxed, organic lure, too. At halftime, I asked "What now?", then the other toon, a duck, TP'd out. I, too, was perfectly willing to stay and battle through the skelecog round and the VP.
As a side note, I did a revenge run shortly after the failed VP and got a Flippy SOS card.
Go figure.

F

Fangs McWolf

Actually, the idea would be desegration. To segregate would be to keep the high laffers/strong suits off the elevator when low laffs/weak suits were to board. This is the opposite, as it would be an attempt to ensure that those with high suits/laff are on with those who aren't, thus increasing the chances of success for those low laffs/suits.

My idea would be to say those who are under 60 laff or aren't minglers/hollywoods to line up on the right when going to the elevator, with everyone else lining up on the left. Then the first 4 in line on each side would board the elevator and go. If there is a noticeably larger number of left loaders than right, then have 6 from left and 2 from right (which is even better). The whole idea is that everyone who goes in will come out. What happened was unfortunate and I will say for this group and event, is a bit surprising because oh how rare it is. But even with the best of setups, it can happen.

I agree with you in a sense and we'll just call it as we see it (Wolfie). It is nice that his 6 or so are not there in the beginning so stragglers get a chance to go in. I ALWAYS wait til the last load (not including Wolfie's) because I'd rather be the one that doesn't get to go if that's how it ends up. That said, we are NOT CCG, we ARE Stratics, like you said. Many of us have our friends we'd rather go with, or are only there because of, or whatever. Many of us don't even read Toontown Stratics. And occasionally I'll ask Wolfie for a volunteer from his group to even things out, and they comply without a problem. Every so often I get a little selfish, like I did in the CJ last night. Someone I normally don't get to play with is there and I keep them for myself. But I do try to remember who I've run with lately and who I haven't to mix things up, I figure if I do that for myself then I'm probably mixing everyone else up too.
I actually need to try to break my little group up some to have fewer players with me so that we have 4 plus any leftover players. I might get the 2 monkeys to cram in with the others (one is an sf on another toon of hers), then a couple of friends (who are friends with each other) to try to load near the end so they are on the same run together but at the same time they can see if there will be an uneven load and can try to balance it out some. Overall idea, to make sure that everyone gets a chance to run.

I only remember one time (at least recently) that you asked me for a volunteer, at the CJ. I actually picked and asked someone (Lady Morrigan on here). Nothing against her nor thinking she's better than any of my other friends, but simply because I knew she was a member here so she was more likely to recognize a few others and still feel she was among friends. Again though, need to try to mix things up some, because I feel like it creates a little alienation when we're not all mixing it up a little each week.

Last night, I was 20 short on cogbucks and by the time I had them, everyone had already gone. That was the first time that I know of that 'my group' went without me, and I think that was a good thing because it's an example of what I would like to do - to get my friends to mix in with the others some so that new friends are made and it remains fun for everyone. That and its harder to invite new people along to help build the group if my friends only go with me.

Oh heres something else: 3 sfs Me and two other almost maxed toons went to do a front 3. And a 45 laff rabbit with lv 4 sound throw and squirt joined us. We didnt care because we were planning to do the run by ourselves anyhow. We do fine untill we get to a row of 3 big cheeses lv 11 and a corporate raider V2.0 lv 10 or 11(i forgot) We used lure so we could Tu ppl who lost 20 laff for failing the maze run. The rabbit pulls out an aooogah. "dont use sound on lured cogs" "dont use sound on lured cogs" but there was no reply so everyone took about 21 damage and the rabbit took about 38. We lured agaon an you'd think he learned his lesson! So we spent an extra turn of gags and wasted time. So now we have to be picky about that. And my sfs didnt want a middle 6 or a back nine.
You're lucky actually. When you get to the golfing game/puzzle, you didn't have to worry about your a** exploding with gags. I have this bad habit of forgetting to de-gag before going in, so I end up with loads of gags that I either never use or that fill me up so I can't get higher gags for other tracks.

I dont know, I have been playing my Stubby, 107 laff, for several months. She is trapless and not maxed in lure or drop. In fact, I just got my pianos a few weeks ago with the help of some awesome players here. I don't have my goggles yet, but I just dont think about using lure, unless I am asked or someone throws a trap. I think I still need just over 1000 pts, but I don't think I am selfish, and I think I am a decent player, just slower at getting those two maxed. I hope I am not being sterotyped because I choose to take my time maxing those gags.
I was saying that those who are lureless (ie, have all other gag tracks) as possibly being selfish. It's like this, if someone is lureless, then they can toss out a trap to be lured, but they can't lure if someone else tosses out a trap. If you need trap points and happen to go on a bullion run with 3 people who are lureless and they toss out trap constantly, leaving you to lure each time, then you'll get that feeling. Not saying that they are selfish, only that it can come off that way.

Also, thank you to Trish and Susan for offering a revenge run as soon as you got done with CJ. As soon as I went sad, I had people whispering to me (Chanty and the teamspeak crew) offering for a revenge run. Even before I got into CFO, they had a group waiting for Steveo, his wife, and I. With school out now, I will be more available for things in the evening, so if you two need help with anything please let me know.:thumbup1:
After I missed out on the CFO run (and I had to keep reassuring Trish that I was like "Oh well, it happens" and not flipping out about it), she mentioned about the revenge run. I would have been there too, because I love helping someone get a win when they've had a loss or worse, multiple losses. :)

S

Sheriff Tricky

Thanks Wolfie I really appreciate that! I know I have a lot of great friends here on TT, and I really appreciate you all.

F

Flippers

That's funny. Me and this nice dog were wondering about a revenge run and we saw no one in DG discussing it. We figured everyone ran to cashbot. We were there for some time too.

I guess you SFs and chatters had your own personal agenda somewhere else which didnt include the rest of us regulars.

S

susan4633

flippers-i would hope you KNOW me well enough by now to KNOW that i wouldn't deliberately exclude you or not help you. in the middle of my own vp battle i saw eric go offline as did steveo. since their names were across my screen i whispered to them asking if they wanted revenge. i didn't know everyone who went in that elevator, and i'm sorry i didn't see you go in. all i saw was a full elevator.

why didn't you ask if i would help you gain revenge?
i would have, as i'm sure trish would have as well. STRATICS is a team of good people and unless prior committments make it impossible, i'm sure we could have gotten enough of us together to help you punish the vp for his nastiness.

and yes we did run for chq. we always do. like we run from dreamland immediately to the brrgh. we do it every week. wasn't iron ham at the cj? you could have said something then-all it required was you asking if there was a revenge run in the works.

S

SuperMac

You don't run from Stratics runs, unless you're the ONLY one left. Heck that should apply to all runs, not just Stratics.
I sure agree with that, Trish. I was telling someone yesterday about a bullion run I had just went on where 2 toons left at the beginning (not sure if they bailed or if they had a IC failure), and I was left with 1 toon with 60 laffs. We made it to the end without too much problem, but the toon I was talking to told me "there is no shame in bailing" and I completely disagreed!! I told them I never bail unless I'm the last one standing. But then, I'm fairly hardheaded and hate to admit defeat!

F

Fangs McWolf

I sure agree with that, Trish. I was telling someone yesterday about a bullion run I had just went on where 2 toons left at the beginning (not sure if they bailed or if they had a IC failure), and I was left with 1 toon with 60 laffs. We made it to the end without too much problem, but the toon I was talking to told me "there is no shame in bailing" and I completely disagreed!!
Something like that, I would have said about returning to the playground, and then would have done my best to board with that same toon, so that they know I am determined to see a run through with them. Of course, it helps to whisper to them, "Follow me." and "Shall we go?" so they know you plan to include them on the run.

Oh and are you sure it was a bullion? Last time I checked, you had to have 70+ laff to go into that mint.

F

Flippers

You were in Sellbot. For all I knew you were still in your VP.

No one from our run was left except the one dog and we both were wondering about a revenge and lingering in the PG for tennish minutes. If you folks tped to eachother in the pit how could others know about anything? Like I said: the duck just tped out without a word the moment the cog round was over while the remaining three of us were using speedchat. No "let's play again" or anything while we were wondering if we should go for it or leave. I can bet you the duck was in the revenge run.

I'm surprised with what happened on the one side there was no talk that the other side might be coming out soon.

Three cheers for solidarity I guess.

flippers-i would hope you KNOW me well enough by now to KNOW that i wouldn't deliberately exclude you or not help you. in the middle of my own vp battle i saw eric go offline as did steveo. since their names were across my screen i whispered to them asking if they wanted revenge. i didn't know everyone who went in that elevator, and i'm sorry i didn't see you go in. all i saw was a full elevator.

why didn't you ask if i would help you gain revenge?
i would have, as i'm sure trish would have as well. STRATICS is a team of good people and unless prior committments make it impossible, i'm sure we could have gotten enough of us together to help you punish the vp for his nastiness.

and yes we did run for chq. we always do. like we run from dreamland immediately to the brrgh. we do it every week. wasn't iron ham at the cj? you could have said something then-all it required was you asking if there was a revenge run in the works.

F

Fangs McWolf

I can bet you the duck was in the revenge run.
Unless I'm mistaken, a revenge run was being planned but was never done. But that's as far as I know. So relax dude. If you want a VP run then I'm up for it. We can even try to make it a shopping run if you like.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, a revenge run was being planned but was never done. But that's as far as I know. So relax dude. If you want a VP run then I'm up for it. We can even try to make it a shopping run if you like.
After the VP I sent you a whisper about revenge, along with ducky and Steveo. We ALWAYS do revenge runs after the three runs have been completed. Once we got to that point, I saw Eric was on the duck. I asked him and he said it was taken care of already so I logged out.

F

Flippers

After the VP I sent you a whisper about revenge, along with ducky and Steveo. We ALWAYS do revenge runs after the three runs have been completed. Once we got to that point, I saw Eric was on the duck. I asked him and he said it was taken care of already so I logged out.
You talking to me? No one mentioned revenge at all in my direction. Just the nice dog and me suggesting it in DG PG and waiting around and then eventually shrugging after getting acquainted during that time.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm talking to you. I was talking to Wolfman in YIM and he had planned on going too.

F

Flippers

Yeah, I'm talking to you. I was talking to Wolfman in YIM and he had planned on going too.
Never got it ingame or in Yahoo. Ingame we know what they can do, but you know if I dont reply something must have been blocked.

Toesies now needs to solo a couple facs to get more merits. :) Have gogglies will travel!

S

Sheriff Tricky

I'm surprised with what happened on the one side there was no talk that the other side might be coming out soon.

Three cheers for solidarity I guess.
My post was not intended to spark any fights, I was personally saying thank you to Trish and Susan because they had both asked while I was running another toon if I needed a revenge run. Since I have known from day 1 that revenge runs are done after the CJ, I chose to run with another group of people. As I do not know all of your toons, I did not know you were on my run. If I had known, I would have asked. When it comes to my mouse Kippy is really protective and was almost immediately asking if I needed a revenge run and had it set up before I went into CFO. I told her I knew that Steveo and his wife were on the run with me and had gone sad but like I said before I did not know the names of the other toons on the run, so therefore I did not know who they belonged to.

So if my original post and this one make me sound selfish, I do not know what to say. I feel that everyone here on Stratics is a team player, and I know that Revenge runs are always offered after the CJ. So right after the VP is not the time to wait either in Sell HQ or in DG.

F

Flippers

Well maybe YOU know that revenges are always offered. Let's just say none were *ever received* by my toons ever by anyone during a Stratics night after 1-1/2 years, and as far as I know, no one asked me to join in a so-called typical Stratics revenge run to help anybody. Based on those observations there has been no reason to believe they even existed.

F

Fangs McWolf

Well maybe YOU know that revenges are always offered. Let's just say none were *ever received* by my toons ever by anyone during a Stratics night after 1-1/2 years, and as far as I know, no one asked me to join in a so-called typical Stratics revenge run to help anybody. Based on those observations there has been no reason to believe they even existed.
Hey, this is sorta new to me too. I've heard of them before and even been on a couple or so. But I didn't know it was more of a tradition instead of a spur of the moment idea. Someone going sad and wanting a revenge run? Ok sure, I'll go. Never really thought of it like, "Someone went sad, initiate revenge-run."

As I mentioned before, I like going on them because I like for everyone to have a win. Heck, one time I was going and sheriff brought his Uber along for a win (either a revenge or just from so many failed attempts). He danced at the end. Made me glad because he's a good player and there should be no reason for him to go sad unless it's either bad luck or bad team play. But as people know, I have this habit of keeping good friends. A few aren't great players but have great personalities (usually non-sf, and they're kind so you don't want to lose them). But it's rare for someone to go sad on a run I'm on, unless things are just plain messed up beyond our control.

F

Flippers

Ditto Wolfie. In CCG I'll often go on revenge runs when I see small toons milling about outside the gag shop and I dont have any commitments. Sometimes I join, sometimes I network and find toons to make it happen. That's pretty reliable over there. I dont think I had this with Stratics though. This is just as much about being on them than being helped by them. I'm always on Yahoo for my Stratics contacts to get me out of anything I'm doing if they want to put a revenge run together.