• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last Ditch Effort

• Thread starter Slab Hardbody
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Slab Hardbody

It seems as though LOAO has had to resort to some lowly tactics. Seeing how they can't defeat HWM through the regular game mechanics, they've resorted to manipulating the faction mechanics by forming a Minax faction guild and killing their COM characters in a faction zone for 2x points. At first I didn't think much of it, but seeing how they just manufactured 31k points overnight on a shard that has about 15K kill points total (minus their bogus guild) it is clearly impossible for for this to happen without blatently exploiting the faction system.
Either a perverse mentality reigns or this is an attempt to skew the faction ranking in the Minax guild. I'm not making baseless accusations, the point scam and ownership of the guild has been confirmed with members of LOAO, therefore I can only assume the motives are the later.
No matter what, I think it's pathetic that LOAO needs to resort to manufacturing points rather than spend their time earning them with pvp and intended faction mechanisms.

Apparently this is the only way they can beat us!

In case anyone was wondering how exactly to manufacture points (and those who will are already doing so) its pretty simple and prevalent on most shards.

1) need 12 accounts, 6 accounts with faction A and 6 accounts with faction B.

2) Have the chars from faction A all kill char 1 from faction B until all points are depleted from char 1 (the need for 6 is to not get the msg saying recently defeated).

3) Rinse and repeat for all chars in faction B.

4) Have all chars in faction B kill char 1 in faction, again until all points are depleted.

5) Rinse and repeat for faction A.

6) Return to step 2) and rinse and repeat.

Doing this in a war zone will yield double points and and is the easiest way to generate vast quantities of points.

It's just a game!

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems as though LOAO has had to resort to some lowly tactics. Seeing how they can't defeat HWM through the regular game mechanics, they've resorted to manipulating the faction mechanics by forming a Minax faction guild and killing their COM characters in a faction zone for 2x points. At first I didn't think much of it, but seeing how they just manufactured 31k points overnight on a shard that has about 15K kill points total (minus their bogus guild) it is clearly impossible for for this to happen without blatently exploiting the faction system.
Either a perverse mentality reigns or this is an attempt to skew the faction ranking in the Minax guild. I'm not making baseless accusations, the point scam and ownership of the guild has been confirmed with members of LOAO, therefore I can only assume the motives are the later.
No matter what, I think it's pathetic that LOAO needs to resort to manufacturing points rather than spend their time earning them with pvp and intended faction mechanisms.

In case anyone was wondering how exactly to manufacture points (and those who will are already doing so) its pretty simple and prevalent on most shards.

2) Have the chars from faction A all kill char 1 from faction B until all points are depleted from char 1 (the need for 6 is to not get the msg saying recently defeated).

4) Have all chars in faction B kill char 1 in faction, again until all points are depleted.

Doing this in a war zone will yield double points and and is the easiest way to generate vast quantities of points.

It's just a game!
I havent played UO in 9 months... but i logged on my character on baja and got 35 points and didnt kill anyone... You just need to know how to do it.. and its not a exploit... Unless you actual watched them do this... i doubt it happened..

F

Forsaken

Leave your houses and earn some points then but i guess you guys are all to busy working taming

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's just a game!
No worries mate, they are trying to mess up minax but in all honesty they are only starting a chain reaction that will mess faction points shard wide. Soon a minax will kill a com in city and get 50,000 points, a sl will kill a minax in a city and get 150,000 points. a com will kill that minax and get 450,000 points. Almost every other shard has been messed up by this. Only takes a couple dumb asses to abuse the current system.

If they are heads up they will transfer what points they need and delete the charicters holding the mass points. If not, it just the matter of sitting it out untill the dev's fix the point system.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it helps any, Dev's are supposedly about to completely revamp factions and totally do away with the current point system, replacing it with something different, less exploitable, and in the process wiping the slate completely clean. Now, disclaimer being, we all know how "quickly" these things get done ...

Sav, Slab is right that this is rampant on most shards. Napa was one of the few shards that had very active factions that did NOT have this sort of exploiting going in ...

F

Forsaken

I think Id rather have them fix the cheating (90% of UO cheats now) or Balance out the new changes(tamers, godly items) then revamp factions

S

Slab Hardbody

I havent played UO in 9 months... but i logged on my character on baja and got 35 points and didnt kill anyone... You just need to know how to do it.. and its not a exploit... Unless you actual watched them do this... i doubt it happened..
If you would have read more carefully you would know that I have confirmed this with more a couple different members of LOAO so I'm positive it IS happening.

If you know of some way for 6 chars to earn 31k points in one night on Napa please expound a bit more and inform me of how one can do this.

S

Slab Hardbody

Leave your houses and earn some points then but i guess you guys are all to busy working taming
Unless you're in KROC (who I have NEVER seen house hiding) there isn't one guild that hasn't fought from their house at some point. I'm not sure who your chars are, but my guess is that I've seen you hiding in your house more than once.

As far as taming goes, at least it's an intended game mechanism :)

O

OluckyJester

This is yesterday's news.
Let me see if I understand your message here.

Are you saying this is not happening? No no if that was the case you wouldnt have posted at all.

Are you trying to change the subject, by playing the everyone does it card? No clearly by the points on UO.com Not everyone does this.

Are you trying to be smart? No just no.

I think you are admitting it. Or like I said I dont think you would have even posted. Enjoy it while you can. Soon it will be fixed. Then im sure you will go back to Pac.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me see if I understand your message here.

Are you saying this is not happening? No no if that was the case you wouldnt have posted at all.

Are you trying to change the subject, by playing the everyone does it card? No clearly by the points on UO.com Not everyone does this.

Are you trying to be smart? No just no.

I think you are admitting it. Or like I said I dont think you would have even posted. Enjoy it while you can. Soon it will be fixed. Then im sure you will go back to Pac.

LoL, I don't play on Pac that often and as my name is Picus of Napa it should indicate that I play on this shard mostly.

That said its old news because its been happening for a long time now. It wasn't over night that 30K points showed up, it has taken ages. First it was a joke because we felt like doing it. Then we needed a place to store points and now I'd love to know how many points it takes to be rank 10 in Minax.

O

OluckyJester

LoL, I don't play on Pac that often and as my name is Picus of Napa it should indicate that I play on this shard mostly.

That said its old news because its been happening for a long time now. It wasn't over night that 30K points showed up, it has taken ages. First it was a joke because we felt like doing it. Then we needed a place to store points and now I'd love to know how many points it takes to be rank 10 in Minax.

So you decided to store them on Minax faction chars? To make it harder for them to gain rank and buy items. In turn making life easier for you. I understand Thank You for clearing everything up for me.

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To achieve rank 10 in minax currently? I think 7 or 8 points. You idiots need to achieve top 10% not just in kill points. So you dumb ****s been laughing at a joke that didn't even work....

Top percent of charicters with highest kill points are rank 10. Next percentage of total charicters with faction points are rank 9. Rank status has to do with the total population pool of minax. Not to mention this has been broken for ages as well, some players have been rank 10 with 0 kill points for years.

Do you wear a bicycle helmet all the time or just when you play uo?

Only thing your accomplishing is making faction rank and score completely meaningless and opening the door for rampant point transfer between factions.

S

Slab Hardbody

That said its old news because its been happening for a long time now. It wasn't over night that 30K points showed up, it has taken ages. First it was a joke because we felt like doing it. Then we needed a place to store points and now I'd love to know how many points it takes to be rank 10 in Minax.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE!!!!!! You're only digging a deeper hole for yourself!

1) Banking points on an opposing faction char? This is clearly an exploit unto itself. You cant honor the leadership of an opposing faction so clearly you are killing the chars to gather points.

2) Faction ranking are updated daily on the UO faction boards and I've been checking the rankings on a regular basis. 2 days before I first posted this thread your house hider guild had 41K points, the next day you had 72K points. Given the fact that COM has all of about 4K points its ABSOLUTELY impossible for this to happen without using some sort of exploit. Perhaps your delusions that led to you believe that ppl are too stupid to see the obvious also led you to believe that somehow COM would even be capable of legitimately earning any points at all. Frankly, COM is getting owned and house hiding ALL the time and no way you guys have the points to rank higher than HWM without your little exploit.

3) As far as points to be rank 10 go, it would be the same in COM if you lamers wouldn't have skewed the point system on the shard. So ranking in COM is a problem of your own creation. You should have removed all points that were generated through that exploit and leave your actual COM chars with proper points and prevent your own ranking system from getting out of hand and then blame Minax. Instead you guys felt more compelled to go around flashing punkte, even on your lame bogus chars as though they really earned 5k points.

4) The bizarre fixation COM seems to have regarding how many points it takes to be rank 10 in Minax was biggest clue as to what you guys were up to. You griping about it in this thread only confirms it. I beg to differ with Cadd though, the objective indeed to skew the Minax rankings. It pretty easy at this point, if one checks UO.com you will find there are about 150 chars in the Minax faction total. Given that clearly 6 accounts are being used for the house hiders, it would be trivial to faction up the rest of the chars on those accounts. If you have 7 char slots that would add 36 new chars to factions and with the other 6 chars would make 42 chars, giving them about 20% of the Minax faction members. If you distribute the bogus points to those chars the entire ranking system is screwed and it would take roughly 1500 points to be rank 10. Isn't this all too obvious?

The evolution of your position is doing nothing but confirm what I've been saying, so please keep running your mouth and make my case for me. :)

W

walletinspector

So you are claiming all this is an exploit...in that ingame mechanics are being used to abuse the game? Is it stated someplace by EA that this isn't allowed? If it is illegal, thanks for pointing it out. Or are you upset that CoM purposedly did this to Minax(more specifically HWM)? I think perhaps not taking it all so personally. I think the whole point storing mule is nothing new. Just look at the Asian shards and their points. Do you think they are exploiting too?

O

OluckyJester

So you are claiming all this is an exploit...in that ingame mechanics are being used to abuse the game? Is it stated someplace by EA that this isn't allowed? If it is illegal, thanks for pointing it out. Or are you upset that CoM purposedly did this to Minax(more specifically HWM)? I think perhaps not taking it all so personally. I think the whole point storing mule is nothing new. Just look at the Asian shards and their points. Do you think they are exploiting too?

I will type slow, so I do not lose you along the way. Slab already told you how the points are manufactured. If you missed it, it's the first post in this thread. Secondly it is an exploit that is why they doing away with the current points system. Yes everyone stores points on a mule, I know I do, wanna know how I do it? On a mule. A char I do not take into combat. I can keep him safe in a house. Want to know the differance? He is in the same faction and the same guild. I do not know anyone who stores points on opposing faction char. Want to know why "YOU CANT HONOR THE LEADERSHIP OF THE OPPOSING FACTION" Lastly yes the Asian shards are doing it so are lots of others. That by no means makes it right.

You could have saved me alot of time, by simply reading all of the posts and doing a little research.

S

Slab Hardbody

First I gotta admit I love the name! Snake from the Simpsons?

That you Lucky for clarifying the point system for walletinspector.

I would like to point out that because EA doesn't explicitly state what one can do, it doesn't mean that one is allowed to do it. Granted sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between and an intended feature and an exploit, but other things are pretty obvious. The piont scam is pretty obvious.

If COM purposely manipulated the faction ranking system, then yes I am a little upset about it. But as a guild we have already taken steps to deal with any issues that may arise from it. Also, by blatantly pointing it out now makes them a little hard pressed to try it without looking like complete losers.

As a side note, points are really meaningless aside from being able to wear faction gear. I give my points away to guildies that need em, and a few too many to dyeing I suppose :p

IT"S JUST GAME!

W

walletinspector

I will type slow, so I do not lose you along the way. Slab already told you how the points are manufactured. If you missed it, it's the first post in this thread. Secondly it is an exploit that is why they doing away with the current points system. Yes everyone stores points on a mule, I know I do, wanna know how I do it? On a mule. A char I do not take into combat. I can keep him safe in a house. Want to know the differance? He is in the same faction and the same guild. I do not know anyone who stores points on opposing faction char. Want to know why "YOU CANT HONOR THE LEADERSHIP OF THE OPPOSING FACTION" Lastly yes the Asian shards are doing it so are lots of others. That by no means makes it right.

You could have saved me alot of time, by simply reading all of the posts and doing a little research.
Calm down Jester. You have only yourself to blame for replying. Even though English is my second language, I understood perfectly well how it's being done. I don't see it as an 'exploit'. It's actually savvy, very funny, and a little despicable. What I was asking is where (show me the link) is it stated by EA that it can't be done and yes it's rampant on other shards (and I only mentioned Asian shards since that's where I also play) and this isn't something new. Where does it state that you can't store points on an opposing faction character? If you say points don't matter to you and that EA is addressing the issue, then this means this entire thread was moot. Aside from using this thread to specifically bash another guild and/or another player.

Slab, you're a nice guy. I have no issues with you, but as you said, 'it's just a game'.

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if the devs have ever really stated what is or is not a exploit untill after they fix it. In the rules of conduct they mention something along the lines of you may not take advantage of any exploit or bug that gives you a benefit over another player or interfers with game play. I'm sure if I actually caught somebody doing this (slim chance) and reported them and a gm showed up (even slimmer) they would probably get a mark on there account.

As posted above they are planning on fixing the current point system. Either way if you consider it as a exploit or abuse of a broken system it is not savvy and most deffantly not funny.

Since you play on the asian shards you should above anybody else know how pointless it is to kill somebody and get 14359238502483292303985093485403985034280 kill points. It could be a month or a year before the next faction publish comes. Lets not destroy napa's point system eh...