• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Large Tower or Large Custom

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am torn atm about which I want. I have a 18x15 currently and have been considering replacing it with a tower. What do you all prefer and why? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer custom because I can customize it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that but something about the feel and layout of a classic house just feels right to me.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tower was probably the best layout of all the classic houses and if you're not into house design then it's a good choice. Really comes down to if you like customizing or not. There are some truly ugly customized homes out there, so if you lack creativity a tower is the way to go IMHO.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Tower and the Large Smithy are probably two of my favorite classic homes. If it were me, I'd go with a Tower and decorate it to suite your needs. It takes a lot of hassle and frustration out of building a house IMHO.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It can go both ways, some of the most creatively decorated homes in uo are non-customs. its alot harder, to make a fountain, pond, extra wall, or anything in a non custom. so creativity wise, a tower can be an easy low effort way to achieve a solid feel, or the start of a vary advanced deco project. so lots of options.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have owned both and to be honest have been using the same custom design on my buildable houses for years. I'm going to play around with what I have and attempt to reinvent my custom plot looks. Time to search for inspiration.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you like sticking with the classic houses then Large Tower is the best imho. Personally I prefer a custom house to make things more character specific. It's been so much fun for me changing The Sanitarium design around over the years. Good luck and post some pics!

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found a spot for 3 18x18 plots side by side, I took 2 and might take the 3rd also. I think this will cure my need for a tower or keep and allow me to really test my design skills.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found a spot for 3 18x18 plots side by side, I took 2 and might take the 3rd also. I think this will cure my need for a tower or keep and allow me to really test my design skills.
Excellent... don't forget to post pics...

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as I stop creating ugly houses...its harder than I remembered.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is harder than it looks to create a beautiful home... I suk at it frankly ...

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to check that out after work, thank you. I got my side by side 18x18 plots to look somewhat decent so far. The first is my living plot the other is a vendor house/storage plot. I will post pics after I watch the video for inspiration.