• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Large Guild Spamming the Shards

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we all know the name of the guild that has been spamming banks, gates on other shards with advertisements for World of Warcraft and some book about MMORPG for sale on Amazon.

This may seem ok to most of you but here is the problem. They are poaching people from UO to play WoW.

I think the UO Developers need to talk to the leadership of this guild and tell them to stop spamming shards with books boasting their guild size and telling people to go to Amazon to buy their stupid book.

Possibly Perma-ban any accounts that have castles etc...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont you think that if someone were to go and quit UO for wow they would have done that by now? Most everyone I know in UO who has quit UO for WoW ends up back to UO.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is they are spamming the shards trying to poach people and bring them to Atlantic and it is a shameless advertisement for some stupid book on MMORPGs that the guildmaster wrote and got published.

That's all fine and good, but you can't advertise in game. I have done what I can to clean up the book they have been leaving everywhere and deposit it in Trash bins but they are persistent and I think it is time for UO Devs to step in.

Maybe perma-banning and deleting one of the guild's castles will get them to stop this menacing behavior?

J

J0KING

Unless I am mistaken... I think it is against the game's ROC... sooo...

Page a Gm, ignore them, or simply just walk away and pretend it never happened...

D

DuttyD

Yea its cool when I'm dropping books my friend wrote for RP purposes and then the largest,best,most trustworthy guild on all of atlantic comes and scribes over 75 copies with their stupid *** defining success..Do you think we care? We have been reading the same book for years, yes we get the point, your best guild of all time.. Nothing will change, GMs actually play the game too and they need a guild.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we all know the name of the guild that has been spamming banks, gates on other shards with advertisements for World of Warcraft and some book about MMORPG for sale on Amazon.

This may seem ok to most of you but here is the problem. They are poaching people from UO to play WoW.

I think the UO Developers need to talk to the leadership of this guild and tell them to stop spamming shards with books boasting their guild size and telling people to go to Amazon to buy their stupid book.

Possibly Perma-ban any accounts that have castles etc...

I realized that the UO devs do not care about you, me or anybody. They just do this project to get their little paycheck, and not actually do anything. Nice post but they don't care.

B

BloodstoneGL

If they are advertising for things outside of UO, especially for making money, then they need to be banned IMO.

On a side note being large doesn't mean you're themost successful. Success is defined by the player's experience not by numbers. In the beggining it was uncommon for guilds to mass recruit, most guilds were small and intimate and liked it that way. It wasn't until Powerscrolls and AoS that guilds found it "easier" to use numbers to their advatange.

L

Lord Drakelord

With 11 million players they sure don't need us. And if they start spamming in the bank I normally mute them.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The advertising is surely annoying.
I see alot of these spam books that seem to be 'vandalized' as well.

It also seems that there are alot of gold seller adverts laying about lately.

It sure would be nice to see some action taken against this practice.

I agree that it hurts the game, and not only from a lost to WOW perspective.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not surprised this thread was moved to Rant section. Obviously this large guild has close ties to Stratics and they wouldn't want a thread like this on the regular forum.

Every guild has a right to recruit new members, but stealing people from other shards, advertising in-game to make IRL profit ($$$) or encouraging people to play other games is not good for the UO Community.

C

Cat Crimson

I have spoken up about this before, on the Atl forums, as have others. All we got was a load of unpleasant and arrogant abuse from members of the guild concerned. Apart from the spamming/littering issue, which has gone on for years, and the encouraging people to go to WoW, which tbh would have very little effect, ( right, like you really going to go to WoW based on some tiny little book dumped by a moongate ) I do agree that that relentless advertising for selling stuff out of game has to stop - that includes the gold broker aside from that certain guild.

M

miss_samara

It's very annoying. :( Usually I just pick up their spam books and throw them in the trash.

It sounds basically like they're saying you should up and move your chars to ATL, try to befriend one of them, and then maybe one day they'll let you in their guild. Um. No thanks.