• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Landing on Property - I am SICK of that!!!

G

UUUUUUuuuggggh!!! Is anyone getting annoyed by this?

Your so happy you are trying to land on property. YOu ahve 3 people IMing you for example. and you are in middle of landing. (plus you minimized their im). and all 3 tell you something important, but you can't read until you landed. when suddenly DURING LANDIN' YOU GOT STUCK AT 50% for ABOUT A MINUTE! So you press CANCEL and what? YOU GET KICKED OFF DA SERVER AND NEED TO LOG BACK IN!! This is getting on my nerves? Anyone annoyed by something like that?

F

festrmentmagnet

I'm annoyed at that and everytime I take the car to the restaurant, I land there only to crash to desktop.
Then, I have to go back home and call a cab.
Then, I arrive at work narrowly on time.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

That happened to me a couple of days ago. I logged out and cleared my cache and it seemed to fix it! You can find the cache here:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects\ea_land

If you need more information about clearing your cache, you can look here in the Custom Content sticky post.

I hope this helps!

Legs

G

*BUZZER* wrongggggggggggggg.. empting cc cache doesn't help the crashing to the desk top. I have 1 sim that is a roomie at a top $ house and she crases 6 and 7 times trying to enter ANY lot (used to never happen until she became a roomie there).....while my 2nd account who owns her own property lands everywhere she goes on the 1st try.... and yes, I AM SICK OF IT.

M

MandiK

I hate that too, because you dont know what the IM said. :|

G

Or ... you can be patience and just wait if you eventually get in the house.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

UUUUUUuuuggggh!!! Is anyone getting annoyed by this?

Your so happy you are trying to land on property. YOu ahve 3 people IMing you for example. and you are in middle of landing. (plus you minimized their im). and all 3 tell you something important, but you can't read until you landed. when suddenly DURING LANDIN' YOU GOT STUCK AT 50% for ABOUT A MINUTE! So you press CANCEL and what? YOU GET KICKED OFF DA SERVER AND NEED TO LOG BACK IN!! This is getting on my nerves? Anyone annoyed by something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I myself hate this hopefully its fixed with the lag fixer
i ahvent experinced it since then

F

festrmentmagnet

I cleared my cache, and now the sims that live at the house where my lava game 2 cards are, can't see the cards, but my other sims can.

I have logged out of the game, and re-logged back in, but haven't restarted the whole game yet.

I hope restarting the whole game will help.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

That happened to me a couple of days ago. I logged out and cleared my cache and it seemed to fix it! You can find the cache here:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects\ea_land

If you need more information about clearing your cache, you can look here in the Custom Content sticky post.

I hope this helps!

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

Your absolutely right. I do this when it gets bad and it fixes me back to new. Also Lee told me to keep my Mail / Msgs. deleted. Doing these things has kept me running good for the most part. I don't think we can help the lag in the evening too much because of the volumn of players at that time.

G

My ISP is wireless and has lights indicating signal strength. If I am having trouble landing like that, (I don't always) I noticed my lights are going from 5 bars to 1. Not all people have this problem, so perhaps it's your ISP not the game. When I talk to experts on playing games online, they just tell me the biggest hog of resources is for online games. Five years ago we didn't have the technology to do what we do now, so it can only get better.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Yeah its annoying as hell but I don't see it having a fix or being fixed for a while. The IMs in general just annoy me, they are sooooooo basic and only being allowed to have three is terrible... It's like picking a team for gym class all over again, lol.. who are you going to talk to and who are you not going to talk to?

G

I thought the lag would lessen or remedied when they installed the new computers and hardware? I haven't been experiencing bad lag until I hit a lot, say for example, a store with WHOLE LOT of CC and some visiting sims. I try not to enter a new, one I haven't visited before, when it has a lot of CC or people. Maybe it's a shot in the dark but i haven't pulled any hairs out lately!

M

Mystic Kitty

<blockquote><hr>

I cleared my cache, and now the sims that live at the house where my lava game 2 cards are, can't see the cards, but my other sims can.

I have logged out of the game, and re-logged back in, but haven't restarted the whole game yet.

I hope restarting the whole game will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try logging in with each sim one by one, that should fix this.

I

imported_julilyn

Most sims by now, know not to try to talk or interact with a sim when he lands,until he speaks or moves first. Also. getting 3 ims at once when you are trying to land is contributing to your ability to land. if you are in the middle of a conversation with someone, tell them "hold on a sec while I land"

just like with the rl phone, if it's that important, they will call back.

I know its frustrating but the game is a work in progress and it's not like the Devs are intentionally ignoring anyone with the sole intention of pissing them off.

the time they take to soothe the players nerves and reassure is time taken away from working on the game.

THIS TOO, SHALL PASS

S

Shadowbay

I agree Shirl, but if they want to keep the volume of players, something has to be done about the landing and lag issues

G

I get bumped back to the SAS screen sometimes while landing, even on job lots but I can always reselect the sim immediately and go right back in...never have to re-enter my password or anything like that. It is a nuisance sometimes if you're in a hurry, but only takes a couple extra seconds so it doesn't bother me that much, except when its a house that is full most of the time so that when I get back into the city I've lost my chance to jump in....but always on the 2nd attempt when it goes down to 34 I can get in, so it only costs me 5-10 minutes extra time, max.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol yea annoyed by it, but I've learned that if the convo is that important, leave the box open while trying to land so I can see what is said, even if I can't respond lol.