• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Land resale in EA Land

I

Inge Jones

If I buy a lot on EA Land, and later decide I don't want it, can I sell it back to EA or do I have to just hope another player wants to buy it?

If I can sell it back to EA, what will the sale price be based on? The same as I paid for it? Current market value? Or always pitched so I make some loss?

G

0 sell back to EA. You either sell it to someone, give it away or lose it.

I

Inge Jones

Thanks for the info. There's *tons* of free land - I would be unlikely to be able to sell it on a free market therefore.

D

DGLita

I think the devs have somthing in mind to encourage a real estate market, but im not sure how thats gonna work unless a sim can own more than one property, although thinking about it, its possible for one account to own 6 properties. If property price rises continue, then a real estate market will eventually take off.

The Peninsula I bought for 2196 now has a land value of 49k, but i cant realise that value myself by moving off of it, only by selling to another player. I guess if I pitched the price at 30k I might get a taker

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the info. There's *tons* of free land - I would be unlikely to be able to sell it on a free market therefore.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no *free* land in the game. If a lot is just abandoned, it reverts to the original price.....which will then rise in price, at the same pace as all other empty lots.

There should be a market for lots at less than the current price, that would still get a profit for original owners who bought before the prices went up. If someone is able to do a few expansions then that should be tacked onto the cost of the lot, because the lot will also revert to the beginning size.

I

Inge Jones

I didn't mean free like that, I meant empty. With so much land empty there it would probably be impossible to sell land between players other than at a loss.

G

Ahh...O.K.

Still, when I first created a sim in EA-Land the price of land was §300....that same basic lot was §600 a few days later, when I created my second EAL sim. Now it is much higher, still. I could sell my property at a very nice discount to the current price and still make a tidy profit!

G

The thing is why sell that land sims may have bought for 300, 600 etc because the next lot that you buy is going to be 6k at the very least. Property is going to be the least profitable market with exception to those very few sections that for what ever reasons some players seem to think are rare or better then others such as islands or penninsulas etc.. Which are very few so those very few might make profit, but any other land spaces its no different whether u buy from a player or from the game. As mentioned most likely disconted property would sell faster.

G

Not everyone will use their alts to get bunches of cheap land to sell it higher, and become real estate moguls...... but most folks should be able to get their investment back, if they try to sell their increasingly expensive lots, rather than abandoning them.

I have seen a bunch of posters complain that they can't increase their net worth fast enough to buy a lot....so they would be a natural market for older lots.