• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lame PK Rant # 1.6E18

• Thread starter Stanton Of Pac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stanton Of Pac

Popped over to Felucca Delucia to mine last night. There were 3-4 Reds in town. This was something of a record for me because normally late at night I don't see ANYONE in Felucca Delucia at 11PM on a Thursday night these days: Felucca is one giant ghost town.

Felucca is one giant ghost town for a reason. While working a spot in the center of town "Eyor the Silent" (or something like that) ran up and started fireballing my packhorses. First, "Fireball" is an insult. If you can't Explosion/Flamestrike combo you have no business PK'ing. Secondly, my packies are trained up on ore elementals. They can go 2-3 rounds with Valorites: one lousy fireball isn't going to drop them. Third, and most importantly, THIS WAS THE MIDDLE OF A FRIGG'N GUARD ZONE. Did I look like I as script mining AFK???

The really pathetic part was when I looted the corpse all I found were 40-50 potions: a mix of GCs, GHs, GS, and GA. No regs so he must have been using a 100% LRC suit. Nothing else so the suit must have been insured. At 800 gold per armor piece that made it a very expensive lame PK attack.

I still don't know why they decided to let Reds in town again. Dirtnaps and expensive ressurections don't seem to deter them (this was the 2nd time in a month some twink attacked me in a town. The other guy came back again in 5 mnutes to get guardwhacked.) I still think criminal-flagged characters shouldn't be allowed to rez for 24 hours. Forget statloss: Just make it harder for them to deliberately annoy other players. Then they might get some traffic back on Felucca.

R

RichDC

Sounds like you won and probably annoyed them more than it annoyed you to say guards.

Besides Del is, at least on GL fairly populated as its a key entrance to T2A spawns...if there stupid enough to not know town laws then there gna be running outta pots fast!

L

Limlight

Let me get this straight.

You go to the only place Reds can go: Fel
You call guards on them and they die.

Yet, the end result is Reds are lame?
Shouldnt be allowed in town?
Shouldnt get to rez for 24 hours?

lol @ you.

T

Turdnugget

I'm guessing you're in Felucca for double resources... Risk vs. Reward. Why are you complaining again?

You should be well aware that you CAN and WILL be attacked in Felucca. If someone attacks you in GZ, who cares, call the guards.

Not allowing someone to rez for 24 hours if they die while criminally flagged... go back to Trammel please.

If you don't like the rules of Felucca, go get your normal resources in Trammel.

K

Kula

Ya I didn't get the rant either, how can you complain about being in Fel and seeing reds?

I want to know what were you thinking when you made this thread.

S

Stanton Of Pac

Ya I didn't get the rant either, how can you complain about being in Fel and seeing reds?

I want to know what were you thinking when you made this thread.
I'm annoyed about the lame PK attempt, not Reds in general. There's something seriously wrong when the twink doesn't care that he's going to get guardwhacked AND pay a bloody fortune in re-insurance costs for his gear if he attacks my packhorse in the middle of town. Fel players complain that "Trammies" won't come and play with them: doesn't this story say that being a "Trammie" is really just saying, "I don't play with crazy people."?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody attacked you, you merely got griefed. How does this have anything to do with "PKs"

S

Stanton Of Pac

Nobody attacked you, you merely got griefed. How does this have anything to do with "PKs"
Point. I should have called him a lame HK, right? Oh, wait: "PK" still works: "Packhorse Killer". :lol:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could have said "some jerk" or "this guy I ran into"

T

Turdnugget

There's something seriously wrong when the twink doesn't care that he's going to get guardwhacked AND pay a bloody fortune in re-insurance costs for his gear if he attacks my packhorse in the middle of town.
PK's, and blues even try to knock people off in guardzones all the time... most people don't care about insurance money as they have enough that it's not that big of a loss and they'd rather get theirs sh!tz and gigglez from killing someone in town... maybe he thought you were a script miner and wanted to have some fun?

Who knows and who cares? Well, apparently you do...

Next time bring a better rant =)

S

SUPRsalad

you guard whacked Silent Echo aka Solomon, the crazy Canadian! So, now i know where to find you. I saw your ingots/ore scrap lying around there this morning. Can't wait to bust you at Del pass.

-SUPRhorseslayer