• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lake Superior down, again?

R

Repo

C'mon guys. I'm generally pretty patient and understanding with the dev team (to the point of being called a cheerleader)... but Lake Superior has been down quite a bit in the last 4-5 days...

Just no fun to spend a holiday weekend getting dropped from the server over and over. And then worrying about actually playing a part of the game which is dangerous, for fear of a dropped connection...

Can we get an update as to what's going on?

Thanks guys.

K

kennykilleduo

Were you around about 3-4 years ago , when LS would go down atleast once every other day it seemed like..

R

Repo

One more thing...

When I go to UO.com, it says there are no known issues. Yet, we all know the server has been down for a few hours now.

Devs, short of too much detail - are there people who are monitoring things over the weekends & holidays? Are there alerts setup to get someone's attention via phone or email when a server goes down? How long should a server typically be down? Is there a better place to submit this issue to? An email? A website?

What's the procedure to handle these situations?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U lot on LS will be asking for catskills token style compensation next!!

JEEPERS.....lol... though being fair its very annoying not to be able to log in on the holiday period

R

Repo

Eat a hot dog and throw some horseshoes?
Already taken care of, my friend. Lots of Memorial day festivities already behind me. I just have a short window of time where I can actually play anymore, so its frustrating when the game shuts down during that time.

I also don't think I'm being unfair in asking for the proper procedure, so I can avoid bringing the topic up in these forums, and instead follow that procedure. Just attempting to be helpful, and not just a person on the side crying foul.

R

Repo

U lot on LS will be asking for catskills token style compensation next!!

JEEPERS.....lol... though being fair its very annoying not to be able to log in on the holiday period
I don't even know what you mean by this... Catskills token style compensation? Was there a time that Cats was given something due to a downtime?

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even know what you mean by this... Catskills token style compensation? Was there a time that Cats was given something due to a downtime?
Sheesh! If that's the case then some of us with older accounts are owed a lot of back compensation!:eek:

I guess everytime it goes down that's another chance for me to start checking out GL or Atlantic.