• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lag :(((((

P

Paulina

Ok I am on at our lot, there is only 2 of us and the lag is so horrible, the chat even stutters and sputters. I hate to say this, but working yet alone making pizza is getting killed with this lag. Please Dev's it's still time for you guys to look into this and hopefully fix this. Thanks!!!

G

yep.. we're paying but not really playing.

some of the worst lag I've seen in 5 years.

V

vapd3317

no lag here whatsoever,...sorry,...have no idea what is causing it but I hope they are able to get your problem sorted out.

P

Paulina

It went away for a bit, then came back. Oh and the weirdest thing happened to me. I went to work at the factory, and as I was landing, I got thrown back to desktop. But I caught a glimpse of a guy in a tux standing between to machines..lol..maybe that was the owner and he came out to personally give me the boot...lol.

I

imported_rpsky3

wow lag is really bad and i hardly ever get lag ... please devs, can you fix it?? lol ty ty

L

ladywolf

Yes, please, lag is realy getting bad. I usually don't lag either, other then the rare little door bell lag. Please please look into this soon

G

I have had horrible lag, but I thought it was mostly my PC. I have an upgrade sitting on my desk right now (just need a new hard drive) so I will see how the lag is once I try playing on a nice system.

G

Gaby

the lag is getting worse by the minute! lol.trying to paint is getting to be a pita, not worth the 20-30 $ if it takes you 15 minutes to do one paint:(

I

imported_rpsky3

now i agree. it is not worth the amount of simoleans it gives if it is taking us near 15 min. to make one!

H

HunnyBunny

The lag lately is the worst I can ever remember since beta. I have to wonder where these sims are that are not getting lag? Certainly not on a busy skill lot! I have a good computer and a cable connection and keep my computer cleaned up all the time.
This is ridiculous.
I sure hope the folks at EA are getting the lag too maybe that will motivate them to find a fix for it. If they are not getting it maybe they should go to a busy skill lot at peak play time and hang around for an hour. It's almost unplayable.

G

I had very little lag on the map formerly known as IH. When I got to the busy area is where I started locking up.

O

oXTheSicknessXo

...Its STILL in its beta stages guys! Relax! This game isn't gonna be perfect until its final release! Give it some time and have some patience.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

...Its STILL in its beta stages guys! Relax! This game isn't gonna be perfect until its final release! Give it some time and have some patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

...K...I'm normally a big time "Rah rah" as we've so eloquently been recently dubbed.

But due to lag messing me up in building mode, and having to fix the mess that it made of my whole lot, I've lost well over $3,000. I can't make this back because the lag is too bad to be able to effectively pizza or go to my job.
My skill is body...and I can't find any money houses with avatars doing piniata in group.
So I'm stuck trying to make money at money objects I'm not skilled for.
I can't skill because I have no money to tip with and no more skill locks to hold them.

I know we're beta...I know the devs are working hard fixing lots of problems...I know that the game is in a tentative/virtual-world changing state...
I appreciate these difficulties.

But I've not seen a blog or acknowledgement of the lag situation by the devs. I'm guessing it's because they're still trying to diagnose the cause.
But it would be nice to hear that the problem's acknowledged.
That's why threads like this are here.

In my experience (if it's any help in diagnosis):
before this, I've haven't had any lag since I started playing again 3 months ago
The lag started before the coast move. I believe last Saturday was the first I noticed it bad.
It is much more obvious on busy lots. However, while non-busy lots seem to be smoother in animation, the lag is still there under the surface. There's a delay in clicks being registered and in sounds.
It is worst at peak hours, even if you're not in a busy property. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think it gets a little better later at night (11ish? EST) though still there.
I've experienced it the same in all legacy cities currently merged. I try to visit at least one lot in each city every day.
mame

G

*ttl*

Copying my reply since Jason's thread got locked

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder why some people experience this lag and others do not, is what I wonder....I'm on DSL, with a not-too-great connection (it shuts down on me like clockwork at regular intervals) however during one of those shut downs is the only time I EVER get a error 23, and the only time I experience the big lag surges people talk about is when on a job lot. There are lag 'spikes' every once in a while, sometimes related to doorbell lag, sometimes not, but those only last for a second or two at a time, at most, and I have never been dumped from a house I was in from a roomie erroring out, either, unless it's something like the other night when the entire city was having trouble, that once a property closed it could not be reopened (that was the night that EAL was down for so long fixing the ALE mofos butt, and then TC3 started having problems as EAL was rebooted). I'm wondering if the players having the most problems are on dial-up, or satellite, both of which are known to be less stable than DSL or cable. There's got to be some kind of common factor that makes some people have such significant issues and others have little or none?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's got to be something that those who have little to no lag, and those that have lots to crippling lag, have in common. I've heard hubby say that it gets worse in the evening times when he is playing (shared computer), but that doesn't account for the number of people who play at the same time I do who also say *their* lag is crippling when mine isn't. I'm perplexed

G

I honestly have never seen a game so poorly managed technically, to be perfectly honest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I honestly have never seen a game so poorly managed technically, to be perfectly honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but some of that isn't new, either.....whilst the lag to the epidemic levels that people have beem talking about it does seem to be. I wonder if it is because more people are playing now, overall than have been the last few years, plus everybody is crammed into 2 cities instead of 10, and the servers can't handle it.....however that doesn't explain why it is not affecting everybody equally. This might be showing my technical ignorance, but I wonder if players' geographical location would have anything to do with it, thinking of how wireless internet gets worse the farther you get away from the modem.....that kind of thing. That idea, along with what kind of connection the player has is the only thing I can think of that might make any difference.....obviously a person on dialup is gonna have more lag than one on high speed, but most players know that so surely if they were on dial up they'd take that into consideration before complaining about it, knowing that that would be a *legitimate* reason to have more lag, thus making it their problem, not EA's. Again, just brainstorming trying to figure out wtf LOL

G

I honestly have never seen a game so poorly managed technically

Try playing Second Life. I'm sure ajdown would agree.

H

HunnyBunny

Again the lag is so bad I could barely land on a lot. This after I had to cancel 3 times before that! Will this ever be fixed? I may as well not play since it's nearly impossible anyway.
Maybe this is what EA wants? To drive all the old players out who know what the game used to be like. They might just get thier wish.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

yeah the lag is very horrible.... I cant type what i reallly wanna say .. because by the time it comes up on screen .... there are a million typos in it

lucky we EAL's are all great at having typos

G

Im glad Im not the only one thats feelin the PAIN of LAGGGG.. I'd prefer AV stay put for now then have to play in this slow-mo land.. maybe with all the paypal money goin to EA they can UPGRADE to a bigger server??

G

<font color="green"> </font> i just signed out of ea-land because the lag is so bad right now we all keep freezing up grrr... plz someone fix the lag..
<font color="green"> </font>

P

Paulina

After morning maintenance there is no lag. But once the day gets rolling and the more people sign on to play, it gets worse. So by the time the evening comes around and you have more players on, you cant even type a sentence in the chatbox. I think the best thing for the Dev's to do is to look at their server and see if it is capable of holding all of the data that it needs to run the game. If they merge AV and BF next week, I am pretty darn sure we will be sputtering even worse then we are now. I know they had to rush like crazy with this merge due to the time frame, but if people can;t play the game because it takes them 3 minutes to get from the table to the toilet, the merge won't mean much because people wont stay to play the game.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

After morning maintenance there is no lag. But once the day gets rolling and the more people sign on to play, it gets worse. So by the time the evening comes around and you have more players on, you cant even type a sentence in the chatbox. I think the best thing for the Dev's to do is to look at their server and see if it is capable of holding all of the data that it needs to run the game. If they merge AV and BF next week, I am pretty darn sure we will be sputtering even worse then we are now. I know they had to rush like crazy with this merge due to the time frame, but if people can;t play the game because it takes them 3 minutes to get from the table to the toilet, the merge won't mean much because people wont stay to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only time I have lag in this game is during prime playing time. It seems to me their new server cannot keep up with the amount of players logging in at that time. They need to address this pronto because the game becomes basically unplayable when it lags so much. Since the majority of players can only play in the evenings this is a very serious issue. People are not going to keep paying for a game they cannot play.

Maybe they should restrict EA Land to paying accounts only to reduce the demand until they solve this problem or at least restrict free accounts to playing only during off peak hours.

N

NightFlyer

^^^^ What Remflyer said!

THIS NEED FIXED!! and yes, that was yelling.

I

imported_sedusa

I agree the lag in EA Land, right now, is horrible. May I suggest playing in TC3 for a change of pace. I did and I didnt experience even close to any of the lag as is happening in EA Land at the moment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as addressed in another thread, those who are having to log out of EAL because of the lag can always play a sim in TC3, there are many sims playing there....the top 10 houses in skills and money are usually near capacity if not over capacity, yet the lag isn't nearly as bad, which is why alot of people have elected to spend alot of their time there, even people who have older sims with more locks in EAL because of the merges that have already happened. We'll all have to spend time there anyway once amnesty is distributed because we'll want to fill those locks just like we do in EAL, so I don't see that time *wasted* the way some would.....in fact I would see the sim slots wasted if I DIDN'T use them, ya know?

I

imported_Cherri Bear

TTL.

UGH. I am not normally a complainer. In game or rl, but...this LAG is terrible.

I love the updates and new stuff, but man...this is bad.

To be honest, I do NOT have lag at my house (craft) with just a few visitors. But..when I go to a house with 20+ sims, CC, pets, terrible Lag.

I don't think it is the CC, most of my house is CC. And, I have gone to stores with a couple of visitors but..lots of CC and no lag.

IMHO...I have the worst lag in houses with a lot of visitors.

Maybe we should go back to allowing only 18 sims in?

I

imported_Armonia

I agree Cherri. I am paying for a game (2 accounts) and can't play. Why go to TC we are paying so we can play in EA Land. Can someone please help us or tell us this is being worked on?

R

Rennay

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The only time I have lag in this game is during prime playing time. It seems to me their new server cannot keep up with the amount of players logging in at that time. They need to address this pronto because the game becomes basically unplayable when it lags so much. Since the majority of players can only play in the evenings this is a very serious issue. People are not going to keep paying for a game they cannot play.

Maybe they should restrict EA Land to paying accounts only to reduce the demand until they solve this problem or at least restrict free accounts to playing only during off peak hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with that! Free players can play in TC3 just the same, so why not just at least until this lag problem can be fixed, lessen the load on the servers a tad by only letting in Paying Players to EAL?
I'm glad so much work is being done to impove the game, but it would be alot more appreciated if we could actually play the game we're paying for. It's impossible to go to work, and money objects are going stupidly slow. It's not worth the little bit of money you get, and at this point, I think we're all pretty hurting for money

I

imported_Danny Dots

EVERY night the lag gets worse... when will it stop? when will this madness end?

G

My worst lag was at the factory....and with only 4 people.....so I am not sure that it is the number of people on a lot that is responsible.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

It went away for a bit, then came back. Oh and the weirdest thing happened to me. I went to work at the factory, and as I was landing, I got thrown back to desktop. But I caught a glimpse of a guy in a tux standing between to machines..lol..maybe that was the owner and he came out to personally give me the boot...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...that had to of been funny. I was teaching today and it was nearly impossible. I sure hopes it's been for us all tomorrow!!

K

knotter02

does anybody know if they are gonna fix it before they merge anymore cities?

G

I thought it had to do with the number of players logging on no how many ppl were in the house? Had to do with the hardware not being able to handle the load of all the new players logging in. When they migrated to the east coast i thought they were in the process/taking of that.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I thought it had to do with the number of players logging on no how many ppl were in the house? Had to do with the hardware not being able to handle the load of all the new players logging in. When they migrated to the east coast i thought they were in the process/taking of that.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my understanding also. So why is it since we have moved to the East Coast that we are still having a problem?

This is not a problem of having too many sims in a house because during prime time I find it almost impossible to teach with only three sims in my house and also the gameplay is very choppy in the robot factory making it no fun and hard to play.

I can play during weekdays (when most people are at work or school) and have no problem at all even with a near full house. It has to be the amount of accounts logging on at night. The problem to me seems to be related to when they let in free accounts.

I realize after thinking about it that they can't very well kick out free accounts in EA Land since they have let them in, sold some of them simoleans and allowed them to buy land. However they could restrict their playing times until they come up with a solution to handle the load. Those are my thoughts anyways about the current lag situation.

N

NightFlyer

..."I realize after thinking about it that they can't very well kick out free accounts in EA Land since they have let them in, sold some of them simoleans and allowed them to buy land."...

Sure they can. Did they sign some kind of contract that says they must allow free accounts in EA Land forever? Thought not.

EA feels free to "change the rules" all the time on Premium Account holders. What makes you think free account holders would not be subject to what ever changes EA sees fit?

edited for simplicity

I

imported_herk1287

Its basically unplayable in the current situation, and EaLand SHOULD be shut down tempoarily to fix this

K

Kyub

Even with a fast computer, the game is still super laggy. City merges a bad idea? .. seems like the server can't handle it.

F

festrmentmagnet

So, is it worth it to patch back to EALand tonight?
I'm in TC3.
Too much lag in EALand tonight?

G

If you are doing fine in TC3, I'd stick with that for the night, unless you have a reason that you really want or need to be in EA-Land. It is horrible with lag right now. And when I say horrible, I mean the WORST I have ever seen.

O

oXTheSicknessXo

I could barely make it today... Made on preserve case and that was it..

I

imported_herk1287

Close the city down tempoarily 24-120 hours or more who cares just fix the lag and dont merge anymore cities till its fixed, ea land is becomein unplayable tak e it off for a month 2 months 3 months whatever time is needed to fix, heck i even settle for 6 months

C

coyoteee

Good lord. This lag. It's like looking through thick fog.

Every time I type, it takes 5 or so seconds to appear in the chat window.

Personally I think it's due to Gracie's Garage merging from DG. That place is crazy and we all know who we usually blame for problems like this.

~Coy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I think it's due to Gracie's Garage merging from DG. That place is crazy and we all know who we usually blame for problems like this.

~Coy

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't even thought of that.

Looks like we've got the lag problem figured out.

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

~Coy

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't even thought of that.

Looks like we've got the lag problem figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just took a little process of elimination and a brief look at the history of TSO. So now what are we going to do?

~Coy

K

kwills75TSO

Most of these lag problems and landing problems are being caused by the custom content folders becoming too big. When you land on a property the games exe file has to try to sift through tens of thousands of custom content files to load the CC objects that are on any given lot. I made a post in the game advice forum about how to fix this for anyone who is interested in trying it the post is located here....
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=713328&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1