• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LAG What to do about it?

G

Gladius

I spent most of the whole day today at home or at the bank. I noticed a lot of folks were there too.

Is there a particular reason as to why LAG is so bad today? The GM's don't seem to mind giving a more lucid explanation to the situation aside from the usual re-direct to a link.

Well is there a way to beat it really I would be interested to hear views on the matter. And it's only Catskill for me any other shard runs fast and furious more so at Balhae. Are some shards favored to suffer less LAG thn other's?

Just curious.

-G-

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you're getting so much lag because the bank is full of so many people? I know personally that I get my worst lag when running through thick crowds of people standing around showing off. I'm not afflicted with any serious lag personally on 2D or KR. When my client crashes and I reboot the game (wether I wait or reload immediately) I'm usually afflicted with some pretty nasty lag and 5-step-skip 5-step-skip stickiness for about five minutes, but then it clears itself up.

I guess one can only speculate the problem. Where is you're lag the worst? What do you do before experiencing it? Is it immediately after logging in? It's hard to diagnose a problem without any explanation.