• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lag lag lag...and house limits

N

Nick6212

Just wanting to see if I am the only one interested in this or not..

But there is alot of lag in the game

Does anyone think 30 should be the limit of how many people can enter a house? I remember in the old tso I thought 18 was really pushing it. Some houses in TC3 are carrying way to many people....way to much lag..

So...should 30 be the absolute limit ? (Besides roomies getting in)

G

i think its great to have 30+ people. The lag isnt too bad for me, though.

G

The problem isn't with how many people are on the lot (unless you have an ancient computer or are on dial-up). The problem is with how many people are in the game. We're getting more people logging on concurrently than at any other point of time since after the N&I version was released. A few years ago, EA had "repurposed" about half of TSO's servers because they just weren't seeing the traffic. Now, with half the servers we started off with, we're seeing traffic seen only in the beta days - and the servers can't keep up.

Trust me, though - they are doing something about it.

D

dittie

<blockquote><hr>

The problem isn't with how many people are on the lot (unless you have an ancient computer or are on dial-up). The problem is with how many people are in the game. We're getting more people logging on concurrently than at any other point of time since after the N&amp;I version was released. A few years ago, EA had "repurposed" about half of TSO's servers because they just weren't seeing the traffic. Now, with half the servers we started off with, we're seeing traffic seen only in the beta days - and the servers can't keep up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The servers are being moved these days, I think that should help. I think it would be cool to see more players on a lot. Maybe up to 50 or so

A

angielynne

<blockquote><hr>

The problem isn't with how many people are on the lot (unless you have an ancient computer or are on dial-up). The problem is with how many people are in the game. We're getting more people logging on concurrently than at any other point of time since after the N&amp;I version was released. A few years ago, EA had "repurposed" about half of TSO's servers because they just weren't seeing the traffic. Now, with half the servers we started off with, we're seeing traffic seen only in the beta days - and the servers can't keep up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also wonder if CC might be part of the slow-down. It seems like it takes longer for me to land on lots that have tons of CC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is the actual visitor house limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

35 is the maximum atm

i would like to see it increase to 50 or so to

and if you have lag, well buy a better video card because untill now i didn't had any ingame lag

buy a decent video card

mine: ngeforce 8500 GT 512 MB

N

NightFlyer

There is more to lag issues than just the quality of your video card.

G

<blockquote><hr>

35 is the maximum atm

[/ QUOTE ]

EAL = 30 + roomies
TC3 = 35 + roomies

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree above, however recalling beta days far to well, and the early public days... it is more then just this, but a combination of things. Open lots, like garden lots, non building styles were first created as I recall because it was "less" on property, not because of beauty. I remember going on my first grass skill lot and everyone thought the woman was crazy for not building up, however... with full house, she had the less lag then anyone else with a busy lot I'd been on. Which is why, when I build, I don't set out alot of un-needed objects, few extras for room score, and going with theme look.. but not over abundence.. I have buildings, but not the full lot is done in walls and floors, alot of open space usually. Rarely, less the game itself is having issues, had I gotten the lag down. So yes, combination of the game servers, amount of build/objects, on top of how many sims are on your lot... along with your own personal computer setup... Also may add, if you're playing multi sims at one time, that for sure will help in contributing to your lag.
Just my view here from experience

G

I havent had that bad of lag with the increase of visitors on a lot. I see more lag at the robot factory and jobs but that has always been there.