• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lag in game. But ping stable

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im pinging 40-60 constantly to Catskills. However, the lag has been -crazy- for me in game. Wondering if anyone else is having similar issues? Or knows how to fix it

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Likewise, I ping from 40-100+ on the two shards I play most Atlantic and Sonoma. Lag on ATL is reasonable but Sonoma in nearly unplayable. If a monster gets a poison on my I'm usually dead, can't get a cure off or run away most times. I ran a tracert to ATL and it does 11+ hops around servers in EUROPE ( where the ping goes to hell ) before coming back to the Amazon servers in Washington on the WEST coast even though it's supposed to be an EAST coast server. Sonoma only does a couple hops around Europe before ending up in Washington and yet my ping is 2-3x greater than ATL. EA switching to Amazon's cloud as all but killed this game for me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post trace routes between [ code] [ /code] tags.