• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lag and loosing connection

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone else been having problems with lag (stopping and starting then sometimes loosing connection?

We downloaded uo trace but cant make heads or tails of it.

This is on siege but also happening on cats.

We have reset the modem a couple times.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Have you tried tracert from the command prompt?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
we havent used that but I know of at least a couple others on siege with the problem and we live no where close to each other.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hubby downloaded the tracer and one time when I lost connection it was at the spot where it ended up at uo.com. Called our service provider and they fiddled around with a couple connections and that didnt help at all. So we still think its one of their servers.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No issues on that front for me but since I have gotten back in game (been back about a month from a 2 year or so break) every time I go to die there is a HUGE lag spike as I take the last hit. It was not like that before that I remember and am on a brand new pc now. Thought at first it was just the 5-6 year old system lagging *shrugs*

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I seemed only have lag spikes around a couple/certain people lol.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No issues yet playing multiple servers. Might be time call out a tech to check your modem and lines.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have my most lag during EM events and invariably, I will lose connection when I use control-shift to find a bar and then drag it. Sometimes I lose connection multiple times doing that. Anyone have any insights to what causes that particular disconnect? It locks UO up completely and I have to restart UO and log in.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happened to me Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Its the Amazon cloud servers that UO uses. Happened so many times that I left
UOTrace open and running when hitting lag spikes before eventually getting D/C'ed. I was pinging 41 to Atlantic servers the whole time.

My internet was fine otherwise. Tracert confirmed the hang up was on their Amazon cloud servers.:(

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I thought it was my ISP flaking out on me but I have been having this issue for about a week.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So this evening I tried contacting ea after loosing connection about 6 times between 8-9pm est. This is on siege. I do what it says in the options section but only have 200 letters to explain my problem. Then I look further and it says to log into your account. Then they want public id so everyone can see who I am. I put in Sara Dale. OOPS!! prohibited name or letters. Cant see for the life of me the prohibited name or letters is. So I try Miss Dale. guess what its already registered to someone. Then my hubby suggested I put in my first name. Guess what? its already been registered also.

Another page said to contact them by email, chat, phone where avilable. Guess what? No email address. No chat line and of course no email address.

Hubby is running a trace tracert, and always gets a hit at the same hop # 14 which by the way is theirs.

Guess Im through ranting for the night. They had a survey and I didnt give them good marks. I did send my email address so Im wondering when or if Im going to hear anything.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Always made me laugh how a free server like Hybrid was able to have everyone be the same speed allowing people from different countries to all play the same server at a speed cap where speed hacks don't even help yet the developers of production shard isn't intelligent enough to pull it off.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I think the lag referred to in this post is is in game lag, not Stratics lag. Stratics is having an issue but that would be completely separate and not associated with anything going on in UO. We are currently investigating a back end issue on Stratics. UO is managed by Broadsword and has its own back end servers and personnel.