• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ladies Unite! (graphic heavy)

• Thread starter imported_Luka Melehan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Luka Melehan

Building the fort.

Waiting for the hostages to arrive.

Miranda and I...still waiting.

Finally ventured out to herd a few in. Ventured out to pick up Wyrm as well but the chickensht send his lackey after me instead of showing up himself. Is that Cheap, or what?

Finally!

And things get a little crazy.

Kudos to all the guys who played along, as well as those who came rescueing.

Wyrm, no soup for you.

*grumble-humms to Highway to Heaven* Its not going to work...

Alright, I have to begrudgingly return the soup to Wyrm for driving my nosey husband out of the room. lol.

But your still a chicken.

K

Kat SP

Haha.. Great pics! That was a lot of fun, once we actually got rolling.

S

SavannahSP

So much hate for WyRm ... but he entertained us all night... *grins*

-Sav.
(kiss kiss)

I

imported_Luka Melehan

<blockquote><hr>

So much hate for WyRm ... but he entertained us all night... *grins*

-Sav.
(kiss kiss)

[/ QUOTE ]

*psst...don't hate him...tis all part of the game...just don't tell him I said that*

After all...he did take myt scissors.

G

I would also like to thank all the ladies that worked so hard on this. The planning committee ladies gave time, resources, and GP. And other ladies that weren't on the "official" planning committee worked very hard as well. In particularly, I'd like to thank Pyrite for engraving all the souvenirs.

Not only did Queen Zen/Miranda spent a good chunk of an afternoon on Test with me trying out fort designs, she worked her fingers to the bone in my little lockdown challenged outpost, making upwards of 200 more pink crates when I ran out of time, plus dyeing countless bag balls, etc. Not only that, to make everything fit in the house to store, she had to do what I had been doing as I made the pink building blocks, tossing the keys out of every single Pepto Bismol tinted crate before tossing it in the pile. The ladies that volunteered to put the fort together did a fabulous job.

There were some guys that were a great help too...Shadow Tamer &amp; DmaninUO who donated the gems for the engraving, Chimera who arranged for the UOAM server, Lord Dog who helped me with my special project of fashionable mana regen suits, and other supplies, and also offered to assist with web hosting for the event route if needed, majorwoo who set up a backup UOAM server for us, and all the people who offered help, and brought items - it was much appreciated. Castor, it goes without saying - you were a tremendous help, and I wish you could have taken your place as hostage instead of spending it all chasing the riff raff and doing errands for us.

Here is a link to what the route was planned to be. It didn't work out that way, however.

And I thank our hostages for their perseverence. Never did a group of men so determinedly make themselves available as hostages. Yasuo stood in his pixel undies for over an hour on the road to Umbra waiting for us to pick him up, falling victim several times to the local riff-raff's cheap shots, all while feeding a baby, and doing other fatherly childcare duties.

The intrepid Shogun thought he had a bright idea for his bid to freedom, but as I suggested to him, digging when one is over an abyss of stars might not be the best method for escape.

Although we were disappointed that WyRm wasn't up to the pink challenge, he did entertain us well in Vent, like the gentleman vampire he can be when he wants to be.

We were rather awed when we were admitted to the Cult of the Malediction's throne room to collect Daan Mor.

Things got tense when the hostages finished off the bowls of lettuce placed about their prison.

One of the highlights of the evening for me was when the leader of MYTH, Aeric Horn came riding up and politely asked if they could raid us, and liberate the prisoners. Then after eyeing the prisoners surrounded by a horde of pink swathed ladies asked if they wanted rescue.

Sane Everhue of CWS was quite a bit of fun, teleporting inside, swiping crates and such. Finally I trapped him.

While I was not pleased with how it got started...or rather didn't get started due to some that can't seem to control themselves even if they are included in an event, and one of their own guild members was involved in the planning, I have to agree with Lindisfarne's statement towards the end:

By the way...did anyone happen to find Lindisfarne's jester hat? He was looking for it.

I had to leave for my evening worship services right after the hostages were liberated completely, so I hope everyone enjoyed any remaining festivities.

I was really happy to see that most of the people we play with on Siege can put aside their normal activities, and just have some fun together, and not just at other's expense.

-Skylark

A

absimiliard

Sane Everhue,

I owe my sanity to Sane! His courageous efforts in repeatedly attempting to rescue were all that kept me going.

Men, you can't believe how horrible it was being confined in there. Forget decent food, they gave us salad to eat! No beer! Not even cards to get a friendly poker game going!

Oh the horror. The horror!

But thanks to Sane's valiant efforts I finally succeeded in one of my daring escape attempts. (the previous tunnels out that I dug using a salad bowl resulting only in my unonscious body being unceremoniously dragged back to prison where they would wake me with drink of diet soda) Without his invaluable distraction and healing I'm sure I would still be there drinking diet soda and eating salad.

*Shudders in horror at the thought*

Lindisfarne the Sig-less Wonder
"I wonder how fast I can eat this steak and drink this beer?"
*snarf* *gobble* *swill and gulp!*
"Oh thanks the gods! Real food!"

{It was quite fun once we got going, thanks for including me.}

G

HOSTAGE .... ye are very lucky you even GOT a salad. A bunny and an ostard were hungry and I only brought a dozen salads so some hostages were NOT fed at all !! So be thankful !!
----------------

btw one other item that many may not be aware of that went into the work of all this which Skylark so laboriously planned to the minute or she surely tried to do so, were the items in the compound every item had to be *timed* for decay rate to coincide with the probable time that the hostages would finally appear at the grand finale sight. YES every item was timed for it's decay rate to help us insure there would BE crates and candelabras and screens and bagballs and hostages lettuce and bedding ........to last till yall got there to see it all. *lots of timers that had to be timed per item type* !!

G

Here is a link to what the route was planned to be. It didn't work out that way.

Yes I had a gret time and I thank you for the locations for my personal attentions.
*twirls crook*
But honestly it was great to be in vent with people I only knew as pixels. This needs to be a monthly event, or perhaps just open mic.

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

We were rather awed when we were admitted to the Cult of the Malediction's throne room to collect Daan Mor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you all realise just how long it took to get those barkeeps to have those names, in that order?

I

imported_Daan Mor

The yellow monk guys, they're barkeep contracts. Only way to change their names is to change the gender back and forth, and lemme tell you, that was a day I wouldn't want to repeat... haha.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahhh....looking at that picture, it occurs to me - would you have any use for my shadow tokens?

For free, of course.

I

imported_Daan Mor

Of course, I never turn down a freebie... unless it's completely kack.

G

Har, I wonder if anyone noticed, that a bowl of lettuce was prepared for each expected hostage (we took note of Kelmo's observations earlier about us only providing rabbit food), and placed by their mat, but WyRm got a cake, which I baked, and Miranda decorated. What is funny is when we were all there, literally as I was taking a screenie of the iced message on the cake, it was eaten by one of the ladies. Hardly dainty to stuff a whole cake in one's face, especially when it is prison food!

-Skylark

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Oh I am so glad someone got screenies of the route, as I was busy taking Crate Stacking 101!

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

. . . . were the items in the compound every item had to be *timed* for decay rate . . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for me the existence of the prison was actually the most impressive thing of all. Back in the day on Atlantic I used to go to dungeons and set up a tavern for people. Tables, chairs, games, food, drink, the usual. My point is that as such I'm well aware of item decay rates. I would have to putter around slightly jostling things constantly to keep the tavern from decaying.

To arrive and see the prison setup made me immediately think of the work involved in setting up my taverns. All the "it has to be placed just so" issues. All the work not letting things decay. I had an immediate idea of just how much effort was going into it.

Then the ladies themselves did an excellent job in keeping the prison up. They had to go around re-positioning chests regularly and I'm sure they were also "touching up" the other items as well. Otto's initial digging, and my continued efforts to escape, probably didn't help either since they would then have to re place any chests we "dug" through in our escape attempts!

But since QZ brought it up I wanted to back her on this. Maintaining all those items and not letting the prison decay into uselessness was very impressive and must have been a lot of work.

-abs

G

***tosses in the testing to make sure energy fields could and or could not be cast over thru in front of or back of ...said items stacked x amt of tiles high or low*** hehe We had to be able to *keep yall in* with those cast too since nothing was on any house plot thus easily moved removed or taken for a soveneir.

I did find out an interesting thing though, the SE screens if enough of them are all in a row like how it was on the west side of the fort ( not east as it was fewer screens in a line) you get the message ...that you can not target see target to cast the energy field ..so of all the items out there the SE Screens in a long enough row actually act like a house wall blocking casting behind them or over em.

Twas kinda cool to study casting assorted field spells via home furnishings or lack there of per height out in the field or no mans land, to see what worked or prevented the field spell like energy field from being cast.

**frowns at the loss *dispel* of all my cute lil pinky red pets, that I summoned up from time to time, to keep me company** I wub my pet daemons !
I shoulda tinkered me up some golems, least they can not be *dispelled by others* so they last... a bit longer.

S

SavannahSP

If you tinker golems with agapite ingots do they come out daft pink? *grins*

-Sav.
(kiss kiss)

P.S. I know they only take dull copper but a girl can dream...

G

Hmmm I never tried that !!

Golems take bronze and regular ore ingots plus the pwr crystal and black thingie...but now ye have me wondering, that if the reg ore ingots were replaced with agapite ingots, if we would get a daft colored golem ! HAHA

*trots off to try this*

S

SavannahSP

*giggles holding a carrot in front of crafter's nose*

I found it PARTICULARLY amusing that after dying several times and not getting looted too much (thx boys) "faux Sloan" finally drylooted me EXCEPT for about 3 pots, my hot pants, and the agapite earrings I got from Miranda. Luckily I had the foresight to bank my fan, it's gorgeous and I wanted to keep it.

I was actually quite offended that faux Sloan didn't like my taste in jewelry. *dangerous glare* I guess it wanted to see me topless, but "my girls" looked after me and brought me more clothes (thanks Patty *grins*). Sav doesn't dress like a harlot, regardless of what might come out of her mouth sometimes. *winks*

-Sav.
(kiss kiss)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Not only did the screens block any targeting, but they blocked out every bit of speech, as well.

Took me awhile to figure that one out. Heh.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not only did the screens block any targeting, but they blocked out every bit of speech, as well.

Took me awhile to figure that one out. Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

----------------------------

Aye and that was more the plan ...field fighting far far from guardzones, away from housing, all with an assortment of common items stacked in said ways, said heights, to permit and to prevent; assorted spells or speech being read and or assorted obstacles courses even obstacles under some obstacles one found they would have to remove after they removed the top most item, some trapped crates too, to fight with or around or thru. Had some waited more for the grand finale instead of racing to prematurely act in the beginning of it all.

Can ye imagine it what a sight it would have been at the end having...all of VMP racing in to rescue their Lord of the Damned WyRm, then all of OTF racing in to rescue Revvo, and every other set of guilds there, to rescue their hostage, in and out of wc too, all doing the same things, yet working around a mega major blocking and non blocking obstacle courses, "out there in the field", insta decimation all around for everyone to enjoy.

Although everyone that finally did get to the grand finale compound sight, seemed to be having fun anyhow.

So it all still ended quite well and everyone that actually made it TO the grand finale sight seemed to have a riot lots of fun, but yeh those screens were also a deliberate .........obstacle course; set in patterns, for out in the field fights, that could have been even more huge and grand, had some just waited a bit longer to get more towards the end of the entire game plan, closer to the *grand finale*.

Twas great fun anyhow.

Twas nothing TRAMMY about this nor the game plan....Sky ya did the best ye could and it was great !!

G

Umm that was my cake. I used the cake and deco tool left over from SpyderBites wake. I had a secong one for WyRm too but an OTF was hungry and I was dead.

G

LOL...sorry Aeowyn, it was a cute touch, but since Miranda had made a joking remark at one point long before the event about what a cake for a vampire should have iced on it, I assumed she had decorated the cake accordingly since we expected WyRm to be in there. I knew I had made it of course, because it had my mark on it, but thought it was one she had from her stash of others I had made.

-Skylark