• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ladder Going into Castle

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I notice many ladders going into the front of castles and keeps - how is this done?

Thanks
Sir AJ

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
he is asking how to place it, it is a bit convoluted to do anymore, but instructions may be found in the better homes and castles section i believe.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got it to work in a keep and castle. The keep on the far right side of steps (looking at keep).
The castle in front of the left door.
Thanks for all your help guys.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to get mine on the far left step but could only get it to work on the left side door (ladder in front).

Lord Viro

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i must be doing something wrong. it keeps saying i must be doing this in a house i own. im on the house owner.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AS you face the castle - you must place rune direcly in front of the left hand door on steps. Then follow the procedure and make sure you pick castle ladder north. Also make sure no obstructions are on the walkway above the door.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great I'll keep playing around and if I get any other workable combinations i'll post them.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was able to place a ladder on the steps of my castle without blocking the left door.

castle ladder.png

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm impressed - would you be willing to share how you did it?
Thanks
Sir AJ

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the process is the same as the url mentioned earlier in this thread. Here are the steps:
  1. Put a rune on the farthest left part of the steps (no need to lock it down).
  2. Place a square goza on the same spot by targetting the rune.
  3. Raise the goza 3 times.
  4. Stack 5 ingots on top of each other on the tile in front of the steps.
  5. Place a foot stool on top of the stack of ingots.
  6. Retrieve the rune under the goza & place it on top of the goza mat (no need to lock it down).
  7. Place the ladder selecting Castle-North and targetting the rune.
Done!
placing a castle ladder.png
For most of my castles I have the ladder in front of the left door. I rarely use the doors but instead I just run up the ladder. If the ladder is placed in front of the left door, I can run up the ladder and straight into the main area of the castle. When the ladder is placed to the far left, you have to run up the ladder and take a step to the right or else you run into one of the interior walls. Aesthetically I think the ladder looks best on the far left. But from a efficiency perspective, I can get in and out faster when the ladder is in front of the left door.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the process is the same as the url mentioned earlier in this thread. Here are the steps:
  6. Retrieve the rune under the goza & place it on top of the goza mat (no need to lock it down).
Done!
View attachment 31017
For most of my castles I have the ladder in front of the left door. I rarely use the doors but instead I just run up the ladder. If the ladder is placed in front of the left door, I can run up the ladder and straight into the main area of the castle. When the ladder is placed to the far left, you have to run up the ladder and take a step to the right or else you run into one of the interior walls. Aesthetically I think the ladder looks best on the far left. But from a efficiency perspective, I can get in and out faster when the ladder is in front of the left door.
Very very nice! Thanks so much!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Angel - dO you mind if I add yours to UOHomeDecor? I will try to add the other as well.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Angel - dO you mind if I add yours to UOHomeDecor? I will try to add the other as well.
Feel free to add it and you can edit it too if you want. After I made the post, I thought maybe it would be better if I had posted each pic with the instructions below each picture like they did on the other site.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done!
View attachment 31017
Man, frustrating, neither the old one listed nor yours works, Angel, either in front of the door or to the very left. Keeps saying there is something blocking the location. Nothing else anywhere near, nothing on the steps, nothing in the entrance way, nothing on the walls.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, frustrating, neither the old one listed nor yours works, Angel, either in front of the door or to the very left. Keeps saying there is something blocking the location. Nothing else anywhere near, nothing on the steps, nothing in the entrance way, nothing on the walls.
Sawadee Parnoc! Have you tried in both clients? I got it working on a keep and a castle and used the EC. Maybe try the opposite client from what you are using now?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i'll be glad to meet you in game to help you place the ladder...just drop me a PM.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sawadee Parnoc! Have you tried in both clients? I got it working on a keep and a castle and used the EC. Maybe try the opposite client from what you are using now?
Tried both clients, I'm sure there's just some stupid thing I'm doing that causes it not to work, but I've gone thru and thru the instructions trying to follow them to the "T" and still says something is blocking.

This would be really helpful for my castle in the swamp, seem the buggers there are constantly on the watch and one of my poor crafters recalls in and before they can even get onto the teleporter I put on the steps, he/she is almost dead.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also have a swamp castle and you can bet I have a ladder out front. :)

I can only think of 2 reasons why it won't place:
1. You can not have any items on the 2nd floor where the ladder goes over the wall.
2. The pile of ingots and goza are not even.
Also, make sure you are using a 'foot stool'. I'm not sure if it will work using a regular stool but I've always used the foot stool and it works every time.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Done!
View attachment 31017
Awesome and thank you!
Same process works on the right side as well (and I used a book instead of a rune):
upload_2015-5-6_15-51-33.png

Wondering if I can include this in the New Stratics Interface's Homes & Deco section as everything is getting moved there. Let me know. :)

Last edited:

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently placed a new keep and decided to give this a try and I was able to place the ladder following the directions listed here. However I am not able to run directly up the ladder, I have to stand on the stairs and climb on the ladder from the side. Is this the way it works for everybody?