• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lack Of Thief Skill Masteries

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been recently retraining my thief skills and now that I am getting them to a decent level, it's close to time to join the thief guild to be able to steal from players (sold my original Rico account). I was hoping that with this new expansion that thieves would get some love with a set of skill masteries of our own.

Guess I was wrong. Seems like every other PvP profession got them, but once again, the thief is left out in the cold. I thought the Broadsword developers were going to be a little better for thieves than any of the other groups of developers since Sunsword's time. *shakes fist*...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and who's brilliant idea was it to make the mastery books blessed on Siege? STOP IT!!!...la

Herp!

Journeyman
Oh, and who's brilliant idea was it to make the mastery books blessed on Siege? STOP IT!!!...la
That has to be an oversight... if they aren't blessed on production shards (I've had 1 vol 3 lost to a raid) why would they be on siege, one would think that would be reversed... and I agree, thieves are well ignored. I miss when I could steal someone's stack of mandrake and then kill them without them being able to heal :(

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That has to be an oversight... if they aren't blessed on production shards (I've had 1 vol 3 lost to a raid) why would they be on siege, one would think that would be reversed... and I agree, thieves are well ignored. I miss when I could steal someone's stack of mandrake and then kill them without them being able to heal :(
Mastery books are blessed. Primers are not.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose it could have been Siege blessed (I didn't look that long since I haven't joined the thief guild yet). I'll keep looking though :)...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we're talking thief masteries...what type can you think of?

I'm thinking of some sort of ninja form (a fast one, or one that has high health regen) that has ability to steal...la

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thieves should have their hands chopped off before they can reach a skill level close enough to have a mastery. :D

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a rico bomb trap on my character. It goes BOOM....la

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we're talking thief masteries...what type can you think of?

I'm thinking of some sort of ninja form (a fast one, or one that has high health regen) that has ability to steal...la
Could have this: Ability to snoop up to 10 tiles away and ability to steal up to 10 tiles away.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess thief mastery will be added, when we get mastery for other garthering skills like mining and lumbering.
*Teasing Rico*:devil:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess thief mastery will be added, when we get mastery for other garthering skills like mining and lumbering.
*Teasing Rico*:devil:
Pfft, I'm talking about actual PVP Thieves (those of us who steal from other players) rather than the crates and dungeon floor thieves that seem to have spawned over time...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ewwww, here's one. Stealing, item id and tracking skill mastery allows you to track high end items that are sitting in a players unblessed or insured (kinda like thief spidy sense)...la

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With all the current problems I doubt they'll even consider adding a Stealing Mastery... I suggest you get Ninjitsu mastery if you have Ninjitsu.

Herp!

Journeyman
They won't add thief masteries most likely, this is true. Stealing is just another of the many skills that have just been shunned. To be honest, I've snooped 100s of packs in the past few weeks & not once did I find a single item that wasn't insured or blessed. And people moving out from spawns are moving too quickly to be able to nab a scroll or otherwise cursed item. I've stolen a total of 3 scrolls in the past 2 years from people gathering gold at spawns.. that is what has become of my favorite skill in the game though :( again, I will always miss the days when I could sneak up, steal your mandrake or pearls and then giggle as I killed you because you couldn't cast heals or most damaging spells. Those were the best days IMO.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stealing Mastery
- Passive - Slide of Hand - 5-10% Chance to steal while hidden based on stealing and hiding skills.
- Quick Grab - Toggle ability that lets you steal up to 5 items in a row without skill timer of 10 second delay. (30 stamina per tick every 3 seconds)
- Theif Scare - Toggle ability that paralyzes the victim with fear for 3 seconds when being stolen from a thief in hiding when revealed for the taking.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about increasing the maximum weight you can steal? Since I haven't run a thief in a while, I'm not sure how much of a boon that would be, but it's something that popped into my head.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Check out some of the ninja masteries. One helps keep you hidden...