• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event LA Gets a Team of EM's. a Whole Lot of Dragons, and a Chicken!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
At the first EM event of 2020, our EM Topaz introduced her new partner, EM Kincaid! EM Kincaid also handles Siege events and will be partnering with EM Topaz and working with LA as well! At the beginning of the event, Topaz introduced EM Kincaid, and discussed the changes. EM Kincaid artfully assisted by 'quietly killing' computer techs, nosy scribes, and kept rustling around with his pockets where he had hidden a crimson dragon that kept trying to get out!
1a.png

EM Topaz, looking unperturbed by the lurking pocket dragon, explained that the websites formerly used by the EM's were being taken down and that the person who had managed them was no longer doing this. While there are still UO Forums we can post to, both of our EM's have gmail addresses that they supplied to us so we can contact them. EM Kincaid also has a Facebook page that can be used to contact him. EM Topaz placed a book with her email address in it onto the display case at the southwest wall of the Counselor's Guild hall where our events are held so people can look it up.

You can reach our EM's at the following email addresses:
17a.png
[email protected]
[email protected]

EM Kincaid's Facebook page can be found under "EM Kincaid."

After the introductions and alterations to contacts had been handled, everyone adjourned to Ilshenar, Compassion Gate, where we were told a dragon or two could be found that had obviously escaped from EM Kincaid's pockets! When we arrived at Compassion Gate, everyone started killing the dragon we found there,

3a.png

and then a second,

4a.png

and a third,

6a.png

but, wait a minute… there were oodles and gobs of multi-colored dragons moving in for the kill!

11a.png

8a.png

9a.png

10a.png

Hold on, was that a chicken? Yes, indeed, it was a crimson chicken! 16a.png

Soon the Compassion gate area was crawling with many colors of uber stat dragons and that pesky "Crimson Chicken!". Players were attempting anything they could think of to defeat these mighty pocket escapees! Many died in the attempts!

15a.png

16b.png
The entire area was also covered with coal dragons, wispy dragons, dark dragons along with all the other colors of the rainbow. People who were able to be in on the kill of the paragons found that they got special chests for "Coal Dragon" or "Wisp Dragon" or the other colors of dragons offered by EM Kincaid - something unique to the event the dragon hunters got to take home with them!

event chests 1-17-20.png

event chests 2 1-17-20.png

Need I say that everyone died? I might add that I died repeatedly and then took five additional deaths trying to recover my belongings as a sapphire dragon was manning the immediate gate location and targeting anyone who came through.

sapphire dragon at gate.png

The dragons just kept coming and even the little gypsy village had dragons plodding around in it! It was a rez-kill festival! You couldn't even hide from these dastardly dragons! Their detecting hidden skill was over 120 according to the tamers looking at them! As I left to write this report, hunters were still mopping up the remains of the dragons scattered around the Compassion area. It was a dragon gift that kept on giving!

I think it is obvious that EM Kincaid let us know that he will be a challenging EM to battle with as he joins the LA team and EM Topaz to delight us with events in 2020! Thanks EM Topaz and welcome EM Kincaid! We look forward to the next event on Saturday, January 25th at 8 pm US Central Time!

-- El of LA, 1-17-20.

Attachments

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There were a few good dragons mixed in with the evil ones.

For example, there was a blue (both in hue and ethics) "Heroic Dragon" that initially showed during the fight with the Sapphire Dragon, that started fighting the Sapphire. But, people attacked both indiscriminately (using uncontrolled summons) and our potential ally died even before the Sapphire did because the summons were cast to where they "saw" the Heroic first (I did my best to target far enough behind the Sapphire that the RC would only see it, but others just cast and prayed).

Later on, as I was exploring to the south by the Iron Worker, I found a Platinum Dragon. I was able to bring the Jade Dragons (which were, of course, recolored Crimsons) to the Platinum to him, and while the Platinum tanked the Jade for me, I was able to cast from behind the Jade, using direct spells and RCs (though about 1 in 5 RCs went after the Platinum and I had to dispel) I managed to kill one Jade semi-solo (just me and the Platinum) and someone hopped in on the second Jade (but, as before, the person joining in managed to do more damage to the Platinum than to the Jade). Since the Platinum wasn't in shape for doing the Coal dragon (the next closest Crimson variant), I went and killed a few more Dark and Wispy dragons for chests before having to leave.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There were a few good dragons mixed in with the evil ones.

For example, there was a blue (both in hue and ethics) "Heroic Dragon" that initially showed during the fight with the Sapphire Dragon, that started fighting the Sapphire. But, people attacked both indiscriminately (using uncontrolled summons) and our potential ally died even before the Sapphire did because the summons were cast to where they "saw" the Heroic first (I did my best to target far enough behind the Sapphire that the RC would only see it, but others just cast and prayed).

Later on, as I was exploring to the south by the Iron Worker, I found a Platinum Dragon. I was able to bring the Jade Dragons (which were, of course, recolored Crimsons) to the Platinum to him, and while the Platinum tanked the Jade for me, I was able to cast from behind the Jade, using direct spells and RCs (though about 1 in 5 RCs went after the Platinum and I had to dispel) I managed to kill one Jade semi-solo (just me and the Platinum) and someone hopped in on the second Jade (but, as before, the person joining in managed to do more damage to the Platinum than to the Jade). Since the Platinum wasn't in shape for doing the Coal dragon (the next closest Crimson variant), I went and killed a few more Dark and Wispy dragons for chests before having to leave.
You were valiant in the fight Basara, and I think your stamina was impressive! Thanks for the pics you shared with me on the chests and the sapphire dragon and the others. MUCH appreciated!