• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] L5 & L6 Map Monsters

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know Miasma gives L6's and is pretty easy but sometimes she is always in use before you get to her and don't always want to wait around. Any other monsters drop L6's consistently that isn't too much of a pain in the ass?

Also what beasts do you find drop L5's maps more so than others? GD? Balron? etc...

Do you find that wearing a high luck suit gives you maps more so than not wearing luck?

Thanks!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Miasma is the easiest, the only others that I am aware of are paragons in Ilsh like bloods and balrons but it can take a while to spawn a paragon and more times than not, no chest on them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Blood eles and Titans in Ilshenar are the easiest to farm, and the streakiness of the RNG on getting paragons and the paragon having a chest, are the only real limiters.

Back in the day, we'd farm those with my old guild even if Miasma was available, simply because it was less monotonous (loot was pooled, but we'd take turns killing the bloods while conversing).