• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) L*D Public Harrower Night

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight is L*D's public harrower night, in honor of the blizzard and like the whole shard being on.

Brought to you by Pug and the citizens of Cow Town.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a lot of fun. I think the members of the public that participated enjoyed doing a good harrower.

Unfortunately subpars in minax didn't show up and TB was unwilling to play nice and was put down during and again after the harrower.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
From what I saw in general chat last night the only ones that enjoyed it was L*D more than a few non faction, non red friends said they were killed upon entering the area. After TB was pushed back so that isn't even an option to use as an excuse.

Next time ya hold a public harry, make sure everyone in L*D knows its open to everyone who's peaceful.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though it wasn't a public harrower like LD advertised it was. Which lets be honest 95% of the shard already knew. I certainly had some fun, although not entirely in the way they would most likely appreciate. What I got out of this event was some pvp (most of which LD got the upper hand on) and alot of amusement! It is always funny to me to read what a certain type of player types in general chat and wow was LD ever delivering the comedy last night.

Thank you Finglonger and Dr. Roxxor for entertaining the shard last night. Two of our more vocal LD entertainers.

Next time try and get some pictures up. I'm sure someone in your guild can take some for us to view.

Till next time Pvpers. Salute.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I saw in general chat last night the only ones that enjoyed it was L*D more than a few non faction, non red friends said they were killed upon entering the area. After TB was pushed back so that isn't even an option to use as an excuse.

Next time ya hold a public harry, make sure everyone in L*D knows its open to everyone who's peaceful.
The only people killed were TB and one blue whose idea of peaceful is to attack the guy who greeted him.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No, not quite. But you can post whatever you like, I do not have pictures to back it up. I just know that the more than a few blue characters were indeed killed as soon as they entered the dungeon. So again just for legitimacy's sake, next time you run a public harrower let the rest of L*D know its public.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was quite public. No innocents were harmed. Some trash was disposed of but a clean experience for all.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omnius, you need to talk to the other members of your crew. One of my characters, and I think you know her, is Ynise Amandil, my little necro. I watched your invitations for a while in general chat and figured since I had nothing else to do just then I would take a walk down there. (I've never fought a harrower, heck, never even seen one) I got about halfway thru the jumping flames just inside the door and was attacked and killed by an L*D member. I can tell you that I do not remember the name, didn't even think to look at it as I was so taken by surprise..... I mean, hadn't we all been invited?

So no, there had to have been at least two blues entering that dungeon, cause I sure as heck didn't attack anyone.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless this game has changed, which I highly doubt, anytime a "red" guild invites teh shard to a "public anything" it is going to be a free for all. I know, had I saw any blues, I would have attacked, hell, i would attack anyone that wasnt flying my tag.

Dev, you know better than to assume you would be able to go to a Fel event unmolested. I dont care how generous ones intent (Omnius), you can not expect the rest of L*D to follow suit. You guys were the fillet mignon at a meat market.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well how can you expect anyone to hold a defense to protect the public harrower. Honestly, for this type of thing if you are going to participate in the public harrower you need to be past the defensive perimeter before a certain time.

After that time passes anyone who tries to break through should be killed by area effect spells. Otherwise, it would be incredibly easy to take the spawn by anyone who felt the need to raid.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know a public harrower does sound like a great idea. It's one of the things in game that non pvp'ers will never have a chance to see.

If it could be protected for everyone to come do one, it would be great. Have someone leading the hunt who could tell people what is going on and what to do cause it's not like any other spawn or fight in the game. I doubt it's ever been done on any shard. Can you imagine pvp'ers being mature enough, and generous enough to want to share the experience with non pvpers? And they'd have to be willing to work with other pvp guilds and factions to protect it from the few who weren't willing to let it happen. It would be a great experience for everyone. If it could be done.

You never know you guys might even find some new people to come to fel and want to learn pvp and experience other things that are fel only. I hear complaints all the time that Fel on Legends is dead, so you guys who control Fel have the chance to liven it up.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damia, it really does come down to the fact that the hatred folks have for L*D on legends is so pervasive and vitriolic, we have little incentive to do things like this more often.

We did it in this case to prove a point. A point well proven, because LGC and OF both had more people online on legends during the harrower. LGC brought substantially larger numbers and 2 dragons and could not break through us. OF played dead, and a few just did despise while we were tied up.

The bottom line, regardless of all the trash talk, this shard has 1 guild that controls pvp. The children may talk trash or complain but at the end of the day, L*D is undisputably the best.

We might be more inclined to do it again but for us, we almost all universally do not enjoy fighting monsters, and spending the time to farm oaks is a bit tedious.

I

IRS

Fing dont think that everyone who reads stratics doesnt know your clearly delusional at best.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, if i remember correctly Finglonger was the guy who ran the second he was cursed. His words clearly hold no wieght.

Shoot, he wouldn't even stay and help his guild members when they were bola'd lol.

I dunno, maybe he's changed his play style since I quit....but i doubt it!

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe yeah IRS he definately is when it comes to pvppppp. Fing is an interesting person when it comes to matters of his ego (pvp especially). He has quite an illusion of it, however he is helpful to people in other aspects of the game. In regards to RL's pker recently LD has been able to field amazing numbers of players, which can be fun at certain times. They must have gotten the new 4g version of the bat-phone and we must be using 3g... In that regards I rarely ever see Fing pvping without his bestest buddies.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe yeah IRS he definately is when it comes to pvppppp. Fing is an interesting person when it comes to matters of his ego (pvp especially). He has quite an illusion of it, however he is helpful to people in other aspects of the game. In regards to RL's pker recently LD has been able to field amazing numbers of players, which can be fun at certain times. They must have gotten the new 4g version of the bat-phone and we must be using 3g... In that regards I rarely ever see Fing pvping without his bestest buddies.
I believe it. One thing Pug has been good at over the years has been absorbing guilds from other shards to pvp on Legends. The numbers I'm sure will only last so long though. Over the years I've seen LD reach unbelievable numbers only to fall and disband. I think I've seen LD disband a good 3-4 times after a few humiliating defeats. Once pug got upset over losing a harry to two people and promptly booted everyone from LD.
:lol:

You guys just need to get organized and win a few tough fights. Then...watch them stumble trying to find ground.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I've ever seen OF ever win an even numbers fight on legends. In fact I've never seen OF win a fight where they didnt outnumber their opponent at least 1.5 for every 1 and that was against newbs in LGC.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I've ever seen OF ever win an even numbers fight on legends. In fact I've never seen OF win a fight where they didnt outnumber their opponent at least 1.5 for every 1 and that was against newbs in LGC.
Hard to see when your backside is facing the fight isn't it?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, if i remember correctly Finglonger was the guy who ran the second he was cursed. His words clearly hold no wieght.

Shoot, he wouldn't even stay and help his guild members when they were bola'd lol.

I dunno, maybe he's changed his play style since I quit....but i doubt it!
You seem to be rather vocal regarding the skill level of other players and/or guilds.

Who are your characters?

I

IRS

Thats easy son.. Youve never ran w/ ld when theyve had even #s against anyone.. Your opponents see the pattern, only so long before your guildmates do:eyes:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You seem to be rather vocal regarding the skill level of other players and/or guilds.

Who are your characters?
Um I had a ton of chars i played over the years.

Alpha Kenny Wun
RL'S pker
Raj Ahten
J E S U S
Cola Feet
Willy Wonka
XxX Monday XxX
Warefare
New O Recruit
RedSox
RIP
Money Maker
SillyMan
The Huntsman

I don't play anymore, but i think i'd earned the right to trash talk LD....on the account that I've fought them since back in the A*K days. And in all honesty gotten the better of them for the most part.

I've played every east coast shard off and on, and when i last quit I had a char on every shard except cats.

I did not play GL much, and i beleive that's your home shard. I went there a couple of years ago for maybe two days to duel some guy talking mad trash on the boards. I think he was in the HeRo guild......he wasn't very good though, so nothing to brag about. then x-ferd back to legends. And then my last char over there was J E S U S and he was in TCB with Nick and the other !OF! guys. lol just checked and J E S U S is still in the top TB faction points over there....even though points mean nothing. Only logged on over there when Nick said SL was holding sigils. We had some good fights at SL base.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did Drawn just skip thru here....??

Skipped right on through! it's amazing how quickly people forget about the past-

L*D hid on the shard when SX rolled through on both of their world tours. I remember them also hiding when BTH came roliing through here.

I remember AE crushing L*D on countless occasions....... best was the alliance of *^* and AE that made Pug go into hiding.........

Good times, good times....

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skipped right on through! it's amazing how quickly people forget about the past-

L*D hid on the shard when SX rolled through on both of their world tours. I remember them also hiding when BTH came roliing through here.

I remember AE crushing L*D on countless occasions....... best was the alliance of *^* and AE that made Pug go into hiding.........

Good times, good times....
FINALLY someone else remembers how pathetic L*D has been throughout the years.

When competition came they went into hiding. When they get humiliated they disband. They've been a joke ever since Biggz/A*K stopped holding their hands.

I miss the AE days. There was always a fight to be found. Now, there's no denying AE was a little zergy at times. They always offered a fight, and never backed down. I don't know how many times I'd been in fights vs AE, and we'd beat them down......two minutes later they were back and ready to go again. Plus AE did have some very skilled pvpers roll in and out of the guild. They were not "just" numbers like some other zergs have been.

It's kinda fun to jump in vent to see what the crew is up to these days and see Reno in there now. Despite all the trash talking i used to do to him/AE, he seems like a good guy.

You're not kidding about good times Drawn. In the past, Legends was the ****!:thumbup1:

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you aint kidding RL's! I'll never forget the epic battles from the beginning of my time in Fel.

BOSS vs. SWAT vs. AE vs. AK vs. L*D vs. C|D vs. CREW vs. SX vs. BTH vs. ZOO.....

Those were the times that Legends rocked UO. And while we did get zergy at times (primarily around the time of *^* alliance) we would laugh seeing 30+ in vent and we would just lol as we chained oaks/harrys non-stop)

We have seen alot of changes during that time as well- The unlimited dex cap taken away (1 sec bandies), the honor bug, WOD archers, necro bokkers, wanding mages, DS doing close to 100 damage and so many more changes that we always found ways to make OP.

We lost alot of great pvpers along the way due to boredom and RL but that is just how life goes at times.

Reno- how is it coming back after such a long hiatus? Is it worth reinstalling and just coming out of retirement to pvp?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reno is among the worst pvpers in his terrible guild. His guildmates seem to agree though.

I

IRS

Reno is among the worst pvpers in his terrible guild. His guildmates seem to agree though.
Reno is doing just fine. Although your guildmates seem to agree if you werent the pot maker, youd be out of the guild.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl. of course your statement is false. However, Donuts, Southern and Busta were all commenting on his stupidity.

R

Reno

I never claimed to be a great player vs player.... Most my pvp chars are for support... Mages for fields and healing... Dexer for dismounting etc...

I guess that's up to you Drawn. I'm having a great time in !OF!. Very friendly and helpful guild.. Now if I can just remember my dang macros... LOL..

I

IRS

rofl. of course your statement is false. However, Donuts, Southern and Busta were all commenting on his stupidity.
My statement is true. I apologize I dont have time to hang out in the kiddy vent with the rest of you.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I loved AE, I think I wore out my atm card at their guild house depositing all that insurance money. But I loved that we could always find a fight as Crew back in them days. And yes AE were zergy but it made a very target rich environment. But they always came back and tried. LD was always fun cause they cried and called Bigs and AK to the rescue. Swat/Zoo/CD were just bad but they filled in the little down time. And SX taught everyone to use everything in the game and a few things outta. But Sx was after the crew days when we were TD. Bth came cause a few of us raided em on origin, and Pub (bighead) had a thing for me. Never could get anyone from GL to come visit, they never did put up very good fights vs our little 6 amn raids back in the day.

P.s. RL uses his forehead to mash buttons in pvp.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember EPIC verbal assaults between Reno and ManInTheBox from C|D that were downright hilarious at times.

I would honestly say that if they did a shard merge and everyone was forced to play 1 or 2 servers that I would come back and probably a lot of older players would as well. I cant make myself download a game to go over 2 hours to find a decent fight.

anyone on Xbox360 that wants to play some COD Black Ops add me:

BigDaddySwoll - put UO in the subject line

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people just make a pvp char for multiple shards. You just log in the shard the fight is on. Scrolls are easy to get and cheap, suits are easy to get. It's fights whenever you want.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people just make a pvp char for multiple shards. You just log in the shard the fight is on. Scrolls are easy to get and cheap, suits are easy to get. It's fights whenever you want.
eh'....it's more fights. Still a hit and miss that way though. I've had chars on every East coast shard and Pacific/Origin at once, and still had trouble at times finding action. ATL, and GL had the most pvp to be found but even they arn't always active.

Everyone just needs to realize that UO is dying way fast. I agree with drawn about shard mergers. bring UO down to 4 shards. 1 East/1 West/ 1 Asian/ 1 Europe. Give everyone large moving crates/transfers for every character and send them to a brand new shard. It would **** people off losing their housing spots, but for the greater good it kinda needs to be done. I remember LA being a non stop action shard. It's a ghost town now.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AE was win for straight insurance and pissing reno off.

I think some of the funnest times in Lengends PvP was after L*D and the AK alliance fell apart and I joined Biggz. That dude was good, and dude would FLIP out in vent if he died, like FAAALLLIIIPPP. Get pissed and log off. He quit UO, then came back under some other name and went solo and just fought everyone. funny ****.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:thumbup1:
AE was win for straight insurance and pissing reno off.

I think some of the funnest times in Lengends PvP was after L*D and the AK alliance fell apart and I joined Biggz. That dude was good, and dude would FLIP out in vent if he died, like FAAALLLIIIPPP. Get pissed and log off. He quit UO, then came back under some other name and went solo and just fought everyone. funny ****.
Well, he didn't fight everyone. We just were not supposed to let people know who he was:thumbup:

Biggz was a beast though. I'd say he was the best dexxer the games ever seen. He'd go into groups of 5-10 people and kill them all himself. If he died half the time you heard "The only reason I died was because my beetle is overweight from your loot!"