• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

KSS Patrol Report - June 1

G

Patrol Report
June 1, 2006

Despite having no knights on duty save myself, I could not simply allow evil to run rampant in our fair land. And so, I began a lone patrol of common areas.

My first encounter was in Skara Brae, a man named Zildan of the Delucia Trade Association. I hailed him and we spoke briefly, having no reports of suspicious activity.

At the Yew gate, I did spy the decrepit shape of a vampire, this one named Avalon about to make exit through the portal. I called out a challenge, and this vampire returned the challenge and we moved away from the public area to do battle, knight to vampire. Quick and deadly were the poisons he employed, but my blade fell harder than his. Grievous wounds were dealt by both of us, stab and parry, ripost and slash. My shield held off many blows, and the strength of my arm began to wear on him, for I was able to deal with his poison quickly. Soon, he fell, strangely dropping from his horse just before my final blows. We were evenly matched, and though I am no great fighter, I honor his effort and courage to meet me alone in battle. I made him flesh, and we exchanged curses and vows to battle again in the future.

I inspected the Moongate areas, finding all was quiet, apart from wandering gypsies setting up camp by the otherworldly glow of the Trinsic moongate.

Turning my attention to the eastern lands, I did hear the croaking voices of the Vampires as they bickered in their lair. I stood outside and shouted a challenge. Several exited, but only Crunch pursued me into the wilderness. Long we fought among the tanglbrush, first one gaining the advantage, then the other. Our steel rang out, and our energies clashed. The Light of Mithras burned his flesh, and I felt the cold bite of his necromantic spells. I had Crunch in flight, and I pursued him southing, back towards his lair - and as expected two other vampires came out to meet, including Lord Wyrm himself. I skirmished and darted between buildings, attempting to lure one away from the pack, but they held close, and so I retreated. Another day we will finish our fight, Crunch.

Having nearly spent my supplies in that long battle, I returned to the Yew Outpost of the Knights and filled my pouches with potions of healing and refreshment. The impenetrable iron doors shut and locked, I headed back out to patrol.

At the Yew moongate, I noticed a shadow by the gate, and a massive dog emerged from behind the mystic portal. I heard the distinct sound of a bola swinging, so I felt it was wise to step off out of range. With this tamer blocking the gate, it might be a perilous way to exit the Yew area to continue my patrol - but I would know and see my would-be assassin before I exited. I weaved about the houses of Yew, taunting the tamer to follow, and being of dim of wit and thirsty for blood, she followed - giving me ample room to manoever back to the gate. Soon, the tamer who I would find out to be named Dharma was joined by a rider. This rider was known to me, a U.P. Sman was the name I believe. He challenged with a shout and I accepted. We clashed several times, but with the tamer homing in, I had to keep skirting her range with the bola. Soon, I grew tired of this warrior waiting for his tamer ally to begin fighting in earnest, so I spat and retreated. Not for the last time this day.

In Ilshenar, I arrived at the gate of Honesty to hear the craoking voices of vampires yet again! Two I saw with my eyes, knowing they travel also unseen, but I cannot be afeared of things I cannot see, so I attacked and led them from the gate. Sure enough, four appeared, and I used speed and avoidance of the beasts of that area to my advantage. They found more interest in the vampires through my avoidance of them, and the use of invisibility potions, a handy invention. I dashed north and south along the road. The Juka there did not care for trespassers, and they focused their attention upon the vampires. This gave me opportunities to make a kill, but they evaded me several times. At last, a whirling bola toppled my steed, and I was on foot. I thought I was done for, but Mithras had his blessing upon me! I found an unexpected ally in a fierce golden golem, who struck with arms of steel, devastating blows. Weaving in and out among the ettins at the bridge, a second unexpected ally joined my cause. Positioning myself between the vampires and a golden titan, all the while healing myself through the hail of spells and arrows, one of the vampires managed to fall. That was the chance I was waiting for! I turned my blade on Mourn Valas, and between my blows and the titan and golem, he was nearly laid low and had to retreat. Now, with only two vampires after me, I headed into the titan caves. Again, the vampires were not wise in the ways of avoiding the eyes of the cyclopses, so instead of chasing me out of their valley, they ignored me and went after the two remaining vampires. This gving me my chance, I summoned an ethereal steed from the small charm status I keep, and decided that I would leave the vampires to deal with their new friends, too narrow was my escape - to return would be to flout the blessing Mithras had given me. The titan fortress I knew linked to the lair of the Wisps. I followed the tunnels to the exit, amidst the angry shouts of the cyclopses as I slipped past their guard. Minutes later, I exited the Wisp Dungeon and emerged into the light. Following the mountain pass south, I found the Honesty gate quiet.

The hour was now late, so I returned to the Yew restock to pen my report and take my rest.

I

imported_Daan Mor

The soldier Daan Mor walked slowly back to his brother's Ocllo home... finally he had reached the level of expert in taming the beasts of the isle.
Tomorrow he would retreive his axe from Wintermoor... Justice shall be done.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wishes Daan had pissed him off in the past so he could ask if his brother's name was Crii Mor*

I

imported_mo'gluk

gah!!! LAT OOMIES NEBBUR KUM PLAY WIT DA URUKS.....

meeb kum klomp lat in da mornin and meeb need take gahk heads fer da Uruk Gods so dems happy wit da gouged eye tribe.... da uruk gods are nub happy wit da klompin uv da tribe su meeb need tu find mur heads to klomp

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

*wishes Daan had pissed him off in the past so he could ask if his brother's name was Crii Mor*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!
*runs to buy a name change token*

G

<blockquote><hr>

gah!!! LAT OOMIES NEBBUR KUM PLAY WIT DA URUKS.....

meeb kum klomp lat in da mornin and meeb need take gahk heads fer da Uruk Gods so dems happy wit da gouged eye tribe.... da uruk gods are nub happy wit da klompin uv da tribe su meeb need tu find mur heads to klomp

[/ QUOTE ]

*hmm... perhaps I should patrol the orcs tonight...*

G

INSOLENT !!
Be certain that we also have been patrolling your despicable city of Wintermor, but unfortunately there hath been noone guarding it... No souls to be collected there...

Anyway, you will be tortured for all hard times you re giving to our beloved dark agents... We shalst meet, eventually, and, by the DAMNED, you will be PURIFIED !!!!!

Its just a pity that I became hyper lagged once again dunno why
I thought Id never have this kind of problem anymore with my 1 mega ADSL, but it seems I was wrong... My ping has been 220 lately with 25% packet loss... UNBELIEVABLE

G

Bring your vampires, Lord Wyrm, for I have stakes and torches ready to dispose of your vile followers! If Wintermoor lies quiet, then it must be that Knights patrol the land, somewhere, even if there be only one.

It is my duty to bring trouble to your dark agents! Purified? Tainted, is the word you were seeking, Lord Wyrm! Your agents are all tainted by the madness of the disease of vampirism, my blade will cut the leech from your festering flesh and draw it into the light to burn!

(A shame about your connection, that stinks!)

G

WHAAT ? Blasphemy !!! You imp will swallow every single word ! Not only will we purify you, but also bite all of your soldiers, showing them the benefits of the disease !!!!!!!!
SOSARIA SHALST BE CLEANSED, so says the prophecy !!
Regret thineselves and MAYHAPS it will be painless...

And to all other insolents that are reading... you should think twice before engaging in combat against us, for thy loss will be supreme... We are more evil than ever !!!! Better stay in your houses awaiting for the END and not be a brave FOOL with false hopes !!! Py Lithius will NEVER succeed !!

Q

Quentico

<blockquote><hr>

WHAAT ? Blasphemy !!! You imp will swallow every single word ! Not only will we purify you, but also bite all of your soldiers, showing them the benefits of the disease !!!!!!!!
SOSARIA SHALST BE CLEANSED, so says the prophecy !!
Regret thineselves and MAYHAPS it will be painless...

And to all other insolents that are reading... you should think twice before engaging in combat against us, for thy loss will be supreme... We are more evil than ever !!!! Better stay in your houses awaiting for the END and not be a brave FOOL with false hopes !!! Py Lithius will NEVER succeed !!

[/ QUOTE ]

*ROLLS EYES*

Feel free to come and get me Lord Lethius when you are out patrolling; my rune beetle needs to be fed occasionally...

Lord Quentico
Flame Guardian
TSR - The Seeker's of Righteousness