• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

KR Patch Issue

L

Lorelei

Can someone explain to me specifically what to do with these four lines of text? I have tried running uopatch.exe and it doesn't fix the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by obashe
Hey i'm having a problem when i'm patching Kingdom Reborn :

Here is the problem in the patchlog someone can post the buildinfo.txt for me =)

Here you are!
The file is 4 lines long and its size is 100 bytes. It's to patch from 2.50.03 to 2.51.0.3 - I also had the same issue with the fileplanet installer...

Date: 2008/03/19 11:06:35
Version: 2.51.0.3
Changelist: 107839
P4 Client: p4auto_UOCLIENT2_uonext

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Option 1:

Run Notebook to open a new text file.
Copy/Pase those lines into Notebook and make sure there are NO extra lines in the file and Save As buildinfo.txt.
Place this file in the Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn folder.
MAKE SURE that the file properties say the file is 100 bytes in size.
Patch KR.

or alternatively,

Option 2:

Look for a mirrored location to re-download an earlier release of the client. It will mean having to redownload and sit through a few more patches, but at least it will work. I would have linked you to one, but the poster who provided them removed them due to the ignorant postings of another poster in the thread in which they were provided.

L

Lorelei

Thank you!!! I'm trying Option 1... and so far so good!! It got past the last sticking point anyway!! Wahooo!!!

Option 1:

Run Notebook to open a new text file.
Copy/Pase those lines into Notebook and make sure there are NO extra lines in the file and Save As buildinfo.txt.
Place this file in the Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn folder.
MAKE SURE that the file properties say the file is 100 bytes in size.
Patch KR.

or alternatively,

Option 2:

Look for a mirrored location to re-download an earlier release of the client. It will mean having to redownload and sit through a few more patches, but at least it will work. I would have linked you to one, but the poster who provided them removed them due to the ignorant postings of another poster in the thread in which they were provided.