• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Koi ponds

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked at it, I copied it to Test center and decided a static picture just doesn't do them justice.
So here's the medium version at my Europa Trammel home

And here's the larger version on Test Center, also including the writing desk

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just visited Petra's restaurant and I have to say the pond really is lovely, much nicer than I thought, the animation is well done and the little fish are adorable, good job! :thumbsup:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was hoping someone would post these. Thanks @Petra Fyde

You can re-deed it to different sizes, right?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you mind posting the locations and or cords of your houses so we might take a look in person? Thanks for the vids.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
graphics have been on point here lately! ever since the swans came out i have been so happy with their choice to start making stuff look like it fits into uo....less cartoony, more detailed love it =)
I agree... I had a chance to meet her at the 20th Anniversary Party and she's super nice... I told her how much I LOVE those Swans too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you mind posting the locations and or cords of your houses so we might take a look in person? Thanks for the vids.
I used my Europa rune to place the test center plot so they're both at the same location south east of Yew Moongate, Trammel: 57.13N x 25.22W

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have large pictures from the cc
How tiles does each size take up
Can they be dyed
Do they act like the aquariums

Would be cool if they gave a 6 hour fishing bonus and we could fish in them

StephenDK

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not sure what you mean by "large" pictures, these are 1:1..

Small (3x3):

Medium (5x5):

Large (7x7):

I tried multiple methods of dyeing these things, but didn't find one that worked..
My attempts at fishing in these ponds were unsuccessful..
There's no interaction with them, and dropping fish on them didn't really do much either! But my knowledge about aquariums is..... well... non existent, so I might just be doing it all wrong!

Hope that helps..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure who the new graphic artist is, but the new graphics are awesome on all the new stuff lately.
At the meetup, there was an artist there named Tori (I am unsure as to whether she has an official UO name) who is a Contract Artist. I am also unsure as to the art lead's UO name, but I introduced myself to Tori (after being all nerded out having met LB for the first time) and she said she had been working for Broadsword for about a year now. Later on, the art lead (Jim, I believe--again, I forget his UO name) said Tori was responsible for a good deal of the new content, then later, during autographs, I thanked the art team for the jewelry box and he identified Tori as the one who designed the jewelry box art, and I think she may have done those elemental monsters, too, although I am not sure. Either way, we--er, UO--has an art lead and a contract artist :).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At the meetup, there was an artist there named Tori (I am unsure as to whether she has an official UO name) who is a Contract Artist. I am also unsure as to the art lead's UO name, but I introduced myself to Tori (after being all nerded out having met LB for the first time) and she said she had been working for Broadsword for about a year now. Later on, the art lead (Jim, I believe--again, I forget his UO name) said Tori was responsible for a good deal of the new content, then later, during autographs, I thanked the art team for the jewelry box and he identified Tori as the one who designed the jewelry box art, and I think she may have done those elemental monsters, too, although I am not sure. Either way, we--er, UO--has an art lead and a contract artist :).
Pretty sure it's Lavitica(sp) the new name we've been seeing lately. Believe she did those swans as well and I had a nice conversation with her... at the Picnic.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure it's Lavitica(sp) the new name we've been seeing lately. Believe she did those swans as well and I had a nice conversation with her... at the Picnic.
Speaking swans did they ever fix them so they can be turned

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Levitica and Onifrk. Onifrk did the Titans

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the fish move around

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the fish move around
It looks like they kind of move in place from watching Petra's videos, but with a little movement side to side (as compared to, say, those cats and dogs we got awhile back, that were sleeping or something in their beds :))

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I went ahead and claimed one of these, intending to make a subterranean spring sort of thing.

Alas, the medium and large ponds weirdly stick up through the floor above them:

Screenshot (622).png

:/

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for all the pics!
Boy does this gives me ideas for deco.
Also we have had trouble with the bleed over for years on anything that looks tall. Ovens , Hearth of home fire , etc
I remember Mesanna a few years ago say she was looking to expand the crew and this artist seems to fit in well. Now if she can find a few more minions we will be set to go on to many more years of nice things and good things to do.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One more question can they be turned

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just saw this. Yes, I think you are correct on the name. That is what I remember from the party as well.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be careful with when re-deeding these. I one part of the koi pond was raised or lowered in anyway (deco tool, removing tiles/grass below it) it will be destroyed when you axe it.
lost one already to this bug