• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Know thine enemy!

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

...or neighbor, as the case may be. *grins*

Herewith, a link to an online, mini Myers-Briggs test Perusing folks' results may provide some handy clues as to their ingame behavior. For instance mine would indicate that looting me would generally be an unecessary and time-consuming effort, since if you hollered at me, "Hey! Gimme stuff!", I probably would. Err...if I weren't busy high-tailing it down the road or talking your ear off, that is. *winks*

At any rate, this is what I got:

<blockquote><hr>

You're an ESFP

ESFP
You're a fun-loving outgoing person and are naturally drawn to people...you are quite enthusiastic and exuberant...and usually well-liked by others.. you're good at meeting people and helping them enjoy themselves...you are sympathetic towards people and generous with your time and money. You wanna be where the action is and will see things in your own special way...

You're aware what is going on around you and notice stuff that others miss. You're popular and gregarious and are often busy in social stuff...you are instigators of activity and like to be "where the action is..."...you like laughing at yourself and others....you like to help others and often join organizations that letcha do that..if you work as a teenager, chances are that you'll take a job that lets you interact with others (gift shop, waiter, anywhere you can charm or shmooze)....you're "on stage" often...

You're the eternal optimist, and always seem to land on your feet, somehow. (gee, all this stuff shows you might be good in the Storm Palace pubs..) you can interact with people of all ages, backgrounds or types with no problem.. you learn best when you can interact with others and DO things, not just observe or listen about 'em... Teachers are the key to your success.. they have to care about you for you to want to do well..

You don't like conflict or intellectual arguments...you don't like learning by sitting quietly by yourself and reading some boring abstract stuff..."how does it relate to my day-to-day life?!" You know how to motivate others to get the job done...you can link together people and resources...you'd probably be happy being a coach or a receptionist or a therapist...anywhere you could help people and be responsive to 'em...you don't impose your will.

You like teamwork...you can get caught up in others' emotions.. your style is inclusive and allowing others to participate in the decisions..you don't need to suck up all the glory...you like to take breaks and relax..you love being active and going out and doing things with friends...

You're fun to be with and bring enjoyment to situations...you find fun in the moment...your friends are VERY important to you, and I'll bet you tell 'em so and let 'em know it somehow...you like to reach out and touch the lives of others...you like to share your values with those you love... you might move in or out of a relationship depending if it "feels" comfortable..you get kinda hampered with disapproval.. you can overwhelm your partner with all this affection and stuff...when there's a breakup, you can move on and get over it quickly, surrounding yourself with your friends...

Be careful on these: don't spend too much time socializing and not enough on the task at hand. You'll probably talk on the phone rather than work. Also, don't forget to finish what you start..get some planning skills and time management...don't ignore the logical facts, as much as you'd rather go by subjective stuff...finally, don't be so action-oriented that you forget to plan ahead...

ESFP: "Extra Special Friendly Person"

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Castor

You're an ISTJ
ISTJ

You're systematic, thorough, painstaking, and hardworking...You get the job done and complete it on time...you are serious and sincere in whatever you do..you work well within a structure...follow the hierarchy...and are particularly strong and careful in keeping track of facts and details...

Cautious...generally seeking to maintain the status quo...you are at your best getting things to the right place at the right time....

Serious, responsible and sensible stalwarts of society...trustworthy and honor your commitments...your word is your solemn vow. Practical and realisitic, you have great powers of concentration....hard to distract once you have embarked what you believe is the best course of action.... ..

You like to apply past experience to present decisions...you can cite accurate evidence to support your views...you're down to earth and seek to do the right thing at the appropriate time...you find it hard to understand people who start an education but don't finish it...

You are diligent and persevering in your efforts...whether it be school, or work, or love...A half-finished job is not a job well done...you probably believe in "Say what you mean and mean what you say." Private by nature, you appear calm in moments of crisis...

You believe in work before pleasure...(gee, like posting before playing the online games on Storm Palace?)..while you don't SEEK leadership positions, you might find yourself in one...you build a reputation for reliable, stable and consistent performance...

You like to schedule....even your LEISURE time! It helps to you if it has a purpose, even if that purpose is sociability...to you, love means bigtime commitment, steadiness and consistency...you behave appropriately for what the situation demands (for example, romantic in the beginning, and so on)..

When you give your word and are ready to settle down, you follow-through... you expect your partners to act in a similar manner...you may stay in a poor relationship because of a sense of duty...you might have strong but unspoken reactions under that cool facade...

Logical and analytical...quick to point out flaws in other people...when you feel scorned in a relationship, you may not let your partner know it..when it's obvious that the relationship is really over, ending it is just the practical thing to do...

Things to look out for: you could immerse yourself in details...you could become rigid in your ways and be thought of as inflexible... don't forget to compliment people and be so concerned with getting the job done....you might overlook the long-range implications of your actions today...don't get stuck in a rut...recognize your emotions, and the values they represent... others might see you as insensitive...

Also, you're skeptical of new ideas you don't see immediate and practical applications for...you may impose judgments on others...expect others to be the way YOU'd be...become more tolerant of difference between people.

ISTJ: "I Save Things Judiciouslyl"

G

You're an ISTJ
ISTJ

You're systematic, thorough, painstaking, and hardworking...You get the job done and complete it on time...you are serious and sincere in whatever you do..you work well within a structure...follow the hierarchy...and are particularly strong and careful in keeping track of facts and details...

Cautious...generally seeking to maintain the status quo...you are at your best getting things to the right place at the right time....

Serious, responsible and sensible stalwarts of society...trustworthy and honor your commitments...your word is your solemn vow. Practical and realisitic, you have great powers of concentration....hard to distract once you have embarked what you believe is the best course of action.... ..

You like to apply past experience to present decisions...you can cite accurate evidence to support your views...you're down to earth and seek to do the right thing at the appropriate time...you find it hard to understand people who start an education but don't finish it...

You are diligent and persevering in your efforts...whether it be school, or work, or love...A half-finished job is not a job well done...you probably believe in "Say what you mean and mean what you say." Private by nature, you appear calm in moments of crisis...

You believe in work before pleasure...(gee, like posting before playing the online games on Storm Palace?)..while you don't SEEK leadership positions, you might find yourself in one...you build a reputation for reliable, stable and consistent performance...

You like to schedule....even your LEISURE time! It helps to you if it has a purpose, even if that purpose is sociability...to you, love means bigtime commitment, steadiness and consistency...you behave appropriately for what the situation demands (for example, romantic in the beginning, and so on)..

When you give your word and are ready to settle down, you follow-through... you expect your partners to act in a similar manner...you may stay in a poor relationship because of a sense of duty...you might have strong but unspoken reactions under that cool facade...

Logical and analytical...quick to point out flaws in other people...when you feel scorned in a relationship, you may not let your partner know it..when it's obvious that the relationship is really over, ending it is just the practical thing to do...

Things to look out for: you could immerse yourself in details...you could become rigid in your ways and be thought of as inflexible... don't forget to compliment people and be so concerned with getting the job done....you might overlook the long-range implications of your actions today...don't get stuck in a rut...recognize your emotions, and the values they represent... others might see you as insensitive...

Also, you're skeptical of new ideas you don't see immediate and practical applications for...you may impose judgments on others...expect others to be the way YOU'd be...become more tolerant of difference between people.

S

Slacktard

Apparently I am an ESFP too, but I've known that all along.....

S

Shad-SP

hmmm....Evidently I am an "ISTJ".

Actually, kinda spooky...it describes me quite well.

G

Oh wow, this was NOT easy. They were correct in that things in column A AND column B may be all of us and in all of us, and it was very hard on I think page 2 and 3 to even pick at all. But we had to go with the column which perhaps MOST of it all fit or so. DANG !

ISFJ:

Ok. You are sympathetic, loyal, considerate, and conscientious. You will go to any amount of trouble, [when it makes sense to you], to help those in need. You are responsible and enjoy being needed. You are down-to-earth and realistic and like others who are quiet and unassuming. You absorb and enjoy using a large number of facts.

You like situations where the rules are well defined and where traditions are to be upheld. You focus on providing practical help and services for others and for the organizations you serve. You have a strong work ethic.

You can be painstakingly accurate and systematic in handling tasks...you're conservative with traditional values...quiet and modest...tactful and supportive of friends and family...

You are often self-effacing in getting the job done, and are willing to make necessary sacrifices, especially for your family. You are at your best quietly providing assistance and making sure things are in order.

You have a few close friends, don't like disharmony, and try to keep cooperation at all costs...you'll stay close friends with that tight circle for a LONG time...worry a lot...

You need to have things organized in a way you think works.. you cannot work when things are out of order...when things are in disarray, you have to reorganize 'em immediately....you get involved with leisure ONLY after all the work is done...

You have a tendency to put off relaxing because there's too much work to be done...you enjoy time with your family...you fall in love hard when you fall. You place a high value on marriage and family...you seek out a partner and feel unfulfilled without one. you most likely are a good student because you diligently follow through in your work to please your teachers.....you learn best by DOING...

You tend not to be the center of attention...often appear serious...others like trying to get a laugh or a smile out of you...you get angry or bitter when scorned...but you keep it inside...

Possible blindspots: because you are SOOOO in the present, you have a hard time seeing possibilities or consequences of your actions...can become mired in the daily grind...don't forget to express your bottled-up feelings...you can be taken advantage of....could be pessimistic about the future because it's unknown and you rely on past experiences.....you want to plan too much.

ISFJ: "I Serve Family Joyfully"

G

ISTJ. "Serious, responsible and sensible stalwarts of society...trustworthy and honor your commitments...your word is your solemn vow."
Sounds about right to me.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're an ISFJ
ISFJ

Ok. You are sympathetic, loyal, considerate, and conscientious. You will go to any amount of trouble, when it makes sense to you, to help those in need. You are responsible and enjoy being needed. You are down-to-earth and realistic and like others who are quiet and unassuming. You absorb and enjoy using a large number of facts.

You like situations where the rules are well defined and where traditions are to be upheld. You focus on providing practical help and services for others and for the organizations you serve. You have a strong work ethic.

You can be painstakingly accurate and systematic in handling tasks...you're conservative with traditional values...quiet and modest...tactful and supportive of friends and family...

You are often self-effacing in getting the job done, and are willing to make necessary sacrifices, especially for your family. You are at your best quietly providing assistance and making sure things are in order.

You have a few close friends, don't like disharmony, and try to keep cooperation at all costs...you'll stay close friends with that tight circle for a LONG time...worry a lot...

You need to have things organized in a way you think works.. you cannot work when things are out of order...when things are in disarray, you have to reorganize 'em immediately....you get involved with leisure ONLY after all the work is done...

You have a tendency to put off relaxing because there's too much work to be done...you enjoy time with your family...you fall in love hard when you fall. You place a high value on marriage and family...you seek out a partner and feel unfulfilled without one. you most likely are a good student because you diligently follow through in your work to please your teachers.....you learn best by DOING...

You tend not to be the center of attention...often appear serious...others like trying to get a laugh or a smile out of you...you get angry or bitter when scorned...but you keep it inside...

Possible blindspots: because you are SOOOO in the present, you have a hard time seeing possibilities or consequences of your actions...can become mired in the daily grind...don't forget to express your bottled-up feelings...you can be taken advantage of....could be pessimistic about the future because it's unknown and you rely on past experiences.....you want to plan too much.

ISFJ: "I Serve Family Joyfully"

This is a prety damn good desciption except for one or two things.

R

Rykus

Interesting.. Fairly accurate, except the perspective on love.

INTP

You're on a quest for logical purity...you're motivated to examine universal truths and principles...always asking "Why?" and "Why not?"...can focus with great intensity on your interests...you appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and demand it in your communication...

You might appear low key in appearance and approach, you're hard as nails when challenging a truth...you don't like to deal with the obvious...at your best when developing unusual or complex ideas...you can be an under- achieving but very capable student...if you don't like a rule, you're quick to challenge it and find flaws in it -- this could make you somewhat of a rebel...if you like the rule, though, you have a respect for it and go along with it...

A relentless learner in areas that hold your interest...you might seem "lost in thought" to others...you tend to connect unrelated thoughts...you would rather be the architect of a plan than the implementer of it...you need a private, quiet workplace that allows for flexible independence... would rather organize ideas than people....

You tend to stay away from traditional leadership roles, and would rather lead with your ideas...you don't get emotionally involved, but rather tend to follow logical reasoning.....leisure has two dimensions to you: first, you like to concentrate and reflect on conceptual matters -- second, you like to take risks in the external world (like skydiving?)...

You like to read, think, watch TV, play with computers..(and post on the Storm Palace message bases).. sometimes you'd rather do these types of things than hang around other people...you don't necessarily like "best sellers" or "must see" movies because you don't trust people's opinion on what's "popular" and would rather make a value judgment for yourself....

Love, for you, has three distinct phases: falling in, staying in, and getting out. falling in love is a loss of rationality for you, and you fall HARD...an all or nothing phenomenon....

The "staying in love" phase is where you start to evaluate the relation- ship's structure and form. You may withdraw at this point because you're moving toward your most customary inward style and nature. A lot of the open affection stops....the giddy state changes... The "falling out of love" part (which doesn't always happen) results from an analysis of the real expectations of the realationship and needs of the relationship. Often an undefined line is crossed that neither of you knew about in advance. However, if you end it, you'll keep the relationship going as a friend in some capacity if you have a reason....

Pitfalls: don't focus too much on the inconsistencies of others...try being friendly and showing appreciation of others...being competent is very important to you, and you could be too hard on yourself....don't let your emotions take control -- you could have outbursts or appear hypersensitive...

INTP: "It's Not Theoretically Possible"

M

marichessy

ISTJ

G

** giggles** I am kinda watching this to see ..how, for example, in game guild of guildmates match up in game or the humans behind the chrs we all play..and one would have to match up [on somethings], or folks probably would not hang out together much... even in a game.

So far it looks like, I am the only KSS that is NOT an ISTJ yet astonishing, that so many of ye in me guild, are getting the same result. [grins] HAHA

M

Mac on SP

Miranda it seems that I'm an odd ball in the guild myself. I would have thought Castors would have been BTOC "Blaze, The Only Color"

INTP
You're on a quest for logical purity...you're motivated to examine universal truths and principles...always asking "Why?" and "Why not?"...can focus with great intensity on your interests...you appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and demand it in your communication...

You might appear low key in appearance and approach, you're hard as nails when challenging a truth...you don't like to deal with the obvious...at your best when developing unusual or complex ideas...you can be an under- achieving but very capable student...if you don't like a rule, you're quick to challenge it and find flaws in it -- this could make you somewhat of a rebel...if you like the rule, though, you have a respect for it and go along with it...

A relentless learner in areas that hold your interest...you might seem "lost in thought" to others...you tend to connect unrelated thoughts...you would rather be the architect of a plan than the implementer of it...you need a private, quiet workplace that allows for flexible independence... would rather organize ideas than people....

You tend to stay away from traditional leadership roles, and would rather lead with your ideas...you don't get emotionally involved, but rather tend to follow logical reasoning.....leisure has two dimensions to you: first, you like to concentrate and reflect on conceptual matters -- second, you like to take risks in the external world (like skydiving?)...

You like to read, think, watch TV, play with computers..(and post on the Storm Palace message bases).. sometimes you'd rather do these types of things than hang around other people...you don't necessarily like "best sellers" or "must see" movies because you don't trust people's opinion on what's "popular" and would rather make a value judgment for yourself....

Love, for you, has three distinct phases: falling in, staying in, and getting out. falling in love is a loss of rationality for you, and you fall HARD...an all or nothing phenomenon....

The "staying in love" phase is where you start to evaluate the relation- ship's structure and form. You may withdraw at this point because you're moving toward your most customary inward style and nature. A lot of the open affection stops....the giddy state changes... The "falling out of love" part (which doesn't always happen) results from an analysis of the real expectations of the realationship and needs of the relationship. Often an undefined line is crossed that neither of you knew about in advance. However, if you end it, you'll keep the relationship going as a friend in some capacity if you have a reason....

Pitfalls: don't focus too much on the inconsistencies of others...try being friendly and showing appreciation of others...being competent is very important to you, and you could be too hard on yourself....don't let your emotions take control -- you could have outbursts or appear hypersensitive...

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

I would have thought Castors would have been BTOC "Blaze, The Only Color"

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I am rather surprised that no ITBLs have cropped up yet.

G

You're an ISTP

You're a realist who applies expediency and reasoning as you manage and adapt to situations...you are aware of what is going on in the environment and are able to respond quickly to the actual facts, making sure the odds are in your favor...

You're straight-forward, pragmatic, honest people who prefer action to conversation..you have a good understanding of the way things work, and are not pretentious...analytical...you tend to make logical and private decisions, stating things the way you see 'em...

don't like to be tied down and don't like working in a structure or schedule...you need to anticipate immediate practical needs in situations and to present a logical straightforward plan for meeting those needs...

Curious and observant... convinced only by hard, reliable facts...veritable storehouses of information...realist able to capitalize well on available resources... quiet and reserved...appear cool and aloof and are inclined toward shyness, except with good friends...

You operate on impulse....you learn best when you can observe first-hand in a one-on-one situation...prefer to learn alone...you thrive on excitement and action...probably like outdoors and sports....good trouble shooter...you lead through action...by setting an example...you'd prefer to managed loosely at work so bossman isn't breathing down your neck.

It's important to pursue your interests.. you will do what it takes to make time or money for your leisure-time pursuits (like pay for a Storm Palace subscription?) ....you like to have the latest and finest equipment for whatever your hobby is...you probably get turned on just reading the Trivial Pursuit cards just to learn the information....

Love? Responsive yet realistic, huh? You seek partners who'll give you your freedom (especially for hobbies and interests) or will at least participate in 'em with you....you're attentive to the little things that your partner will like..you like to surprise them with gifts and stuff... you'd rather show your feelings through actions than express them with words....

When scorned by a love, you don't share it with the world... you're usually not vindictive when the relationship is over...you don't give up easily on the relationship unless you're convinced by the evidence.

Things to be careful about: difficult to share your reactions...look for the shortcut or the easy way...slack off occassionally....develop a step- by-step plan...don't keep important things to yourself...you might take in so much information that you feel overwhelmed by it...you may be hesitant to make decisions....this makes you appear undirected...don't move on to new tasks before your other ones bear fruit...

ISTP: "I See The Problem"

G

Hmm guess this fit me well, not sure I'm all happy about it but sure, it is me

You're an ENTP
ENTP
Ok. Ready? You like to chase the novel and complex. You have faith in your ability to overcome any challenges you face...highly independent...value adaptability and innovation...you encourage and value change...

You need freedom for action...you resist hierarchy and structure...you push against all odds to further your projects with your entrepreneurial tendencies...you can argue and find the flaws in any position...

How'm I doing so far? You rarely accept things just as they are...you like to test new meanings and relationships..when you don't get what you want, you use your cleverness and ingenuity to bring people around to your point of view...when you choose a career, you tend to set flexible goals that allow you to incorporate new information and accommodate to new circumstances...

"Keep your options open" is your middle name... you like to explore the "road not taken." Your flexibility can look like indecision to others who don't have a clue about you..you take advantage of opportunities...you realize potential of many things because of your ability to see connections and relationships between SEEMINGLY unrelated things...you cannot be ordered around, but rather handle things best when they are *suggestions*....like posting more on the Storm Palace BBS you love excitement...

Competence is key to you.. you don't take advice or respect someone you don't see as competent...you want work to be enjoyable..you're a relentless learner. Knowledge is important to you...you use your enthusiasm to get others involved in your learning...you learn through give-and-take discussions and by questioning and challenging others....you like challenging your teachers and colleagues...limitations are mere challenges to you...you take initiative, and once the ball is rolling, you like to turn it over to someone else...

You like to organize logically and strategically....your work space might not LOOK organized, but underneath it all is a system that works for you. You like to have an impact...you need a job that allows you to be innovative. you like to take risks and explore...an open calendar for the weekend is really appealing...you're often "in on the latest things..."...you like travel, 'cause it allows you to open up new vistas and horizons (corny, huh?).

Falling in love happens when there's a good "fit" with another person...you often know after the first meeting whether there's any "real potential"... you may not like to commit until that right person comes along...therefore you probably won't settle down early...you don't like to lose at ANYthing you undertake...you're a born enterpriser...

Things to be on guard for: you have a great fear of looking dumb or incomp- etent..you may tend to think you have the perfect solutions for problems, and may become competitive when others challenge you... you might start to think that you're the only one who's in on the truth of things, so you might not like to listen to the input of others...you may have the tendency to overextend yourself as you jump in on lots of ideas without considering how long it takes to work 'em through... commit to too many projects? ...you are a rebel.. you find it difficult to accept standard operating procedures.. and hate HAVING to follow exact rules or policies...learn to work within the system.

ENTP: "Each New Thought Propels"

G

This is actually pretty accurate.

ENTP: "Each New Thought Propels"

Ok. Ready? You like to chase the novel and complex. You have faith in your ability to overcome any challenges you face...highly independent...value adaptability and innovation...you encourage and value change...

You need freedom for action...you resist hierarchy and structure...you push against all odds to further your projects with your entrepreneurial tendencies...you can argue and find the flaws in any position...

How'm I doing so far? You rarely accept things just as they are...you like to test new meanings and relationships..when you don't get what you want, you use your cleverness and ingenuity to bring people around to your point of view...when you choose a career, you tend to set flexible goals that allow you to incorporate new information and accommodate to new circumstances...

"Keep your options open" is your middle name... you like to explore the "road not taken." Your flexibility can look like indecision to others who don't have a clue about you..you take advantage of opportunities...you realize potential of many things because of your ability to see connections and relationships between SEEMINGLY unrelated things...you cannot be ordered around, but rather handle things best when they are *suggestions*....like posting more on the Storm Palace BBS you love excitement...

Competence is key to you.. you don't take advice or respect someone you don't see as competent...you want work to be enjoyable..you're a relentless learner. Knowledge is important to you...you use your enthusiasm to get others involved in your learning...you learn through give-and-take discussions and by questioning and challenging others....you like challenging your teachers and colleagues...limitations are mere challenges to you...you take initiative, and once the ball is rolling, you like to turn it over to someone else...

You like to organize logically and strategically....your work space might not LOOK organized, but underneath it all is a system that works for you. You like to have an impact...you need a job that allows you to be innovative. you like to take risks and explore...an open calendar for the weekend is really appealing...you're often "in on the latest things..."...you like travel, 'cause it allows you to open up new vistas and horizons (corny, huh?).

Falling in love happens when there's a good "fit" with another person...you often know after the first meeting whether there's any "real potential"... you may not like to commit until that right person comes along...therefore you probably won't settle down early...you don't like to lose at ANYthing you undertake...you're a born enterpriser...

Things to be on guard for: you have a great fear of looking dumb or incomp- etent..you may tend to think you have the perfect solutions for problems, and may become competitive when others challenge you... you might start to think that you're the only one who's in on the truth of things, so you might not like to listen to the input of others...you may have the tendency to overextend yourself as you jump in on lots of ideas without considering how long it takes to work 'em through... commit to too many projects? ...you are a rebel.. you find it difficult to accept standard operating procedures.. and hate HAVING to follow exact rules or policies...learn to work within the system.

K

Kat SP

This is so accurate its scary!

<blockquote><hr>

You're an ISTJ
ISTJ

[/ QUOTE ]

G

hmmm a lot of this IS really me...

INFJ
You're future-oriented, and direct your insight and inspiration towards understanding yourself and thereby, human nature...your work mirrors your integrity....reflects your inner ideals...solitude and a chance to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to you...you like to quietly exert your influence...you have deeply felt compassion and desire harmony with others...you'll go to great lengths to avoid conflict...

You understand the complexities existing within people...you don't call a lot of attention to yourself...you like to let your accomplishments do your talking....you look for a small group of people who understand and appreciate you and hang with them....you're gentle and don't like violence...

You'd rather have a few close friends instead of be at a big party ...you'll do well in college as your "day in the sun" where your brains count more than they did in that ol' shallow high school...you want your work to contribute to the general good...

You have a strong love of learning...you get along well with teachers and older people...you write well 'cause you can formulate your ideas clearly... you have integrity and consistency....you don't like the "politics" at work.. you'd rather be able to talk honestly with people than "play games." (you still play games on the Storm Palace, but would rather post!
)...intuitive insights into situations...

You're quiet yet persistent and determined in your efforts toward long-term goals....when you work toward your vision, you win cooperation rather than demand it...even if you don't lead others, you still facilitate things... leisure time usually is solitary or involves the company of others particularly important to you...you're perfectly happy just sitting around with close buds discussing feelings...you'd rather have longstanding friends than make many new acquaintences...these deep friendships are important to you, even though you may not share much about yourself...

You become attracted to someone special and prefer this one deep one over many superficial ones...this depth, though, is only partially communicated outwards...you like a regular "date", revisiting the place where you first met your mates, or doing other symbolic things that help to continue or confirm the existence of the bond.

You may have an ideal standard of the way love is...you're often disappointed when reality doesn't quite match up....you want to give love and be loved... you enter into relationships just to be cared for...even when the other person isn't right for you and you know it....when you meet the right person, though, you are quick to get involved with them and make it a serious one... you'll end other relationships to be with this "right" one....

When you're scorned, you take it personally and retreat inward...you may obsess about the relationship and your role in the failure...you blame yourself for a failed relationship and might even need a period of mourning.

You should watch out for becoming blinded by the idealism of your visions or if you focus only on your ideas...this could make you ignore reality when it contradicts those lofty ideals...you could stay with a belief or commitment beyond what the facts would support (stubborn?)...you're loyal...

Also, you could lose out if you don't act assertively and are reluctant to intrude on others with your ideas...as a result, you could keep many important things to yourself...you'll then feel that your ideas are underestimated or unappreciated...maybe you should develop political saavy or assertiveness to sell your ideals...finally, you should be forthright with criticism of others...you're always doing the "If you can't say some- thing nice...." stuff. After you hold it inside, you'll blow up eventually.

INFJ: "Inner Nuances Fosters Journeys"

V

Virgil Tempest

You're an ISFP
ISFP

You're gentle and compassionate...open and flexible...considerate of others and do not for views and opinions on them. Often focus on meeting others needs...pleasant, quiet and kind....at their best ensuring others well-being. Caring and sensitive....modest and reserved..

OK...you enjoy subjects that relate to helping and knowing about people... art ... computers and history classes if these classes are taught with an applied, sensible approach.. and if objectives relate directly to everyday lives....

You're somewhat artistic, aren't you? You could probably post a great poem on the Storm Palace, huh? You dislike structure, because it takes away from your spontaneity and freedom. You like leisure, and seek it out. You savor it...probably say "stop and smell the roses"...You have a personal and humorous approach that is unique...

Patient and flexible..easy to get along with and no need to dominate others. You don't need to lead, and are a loyal follower...good team members... You're trusting and understanding...

Love to you is utter devotion and loyalty... when you first fall in love, you may feel consumed by it...."falling in love with love" ...focus on the romance of it all..you are constantly nourishing the relationship... When scorned, you probably retreat and repeatedly analyze the situation internally....When you let go finally, you can be more assertive again...

You organize things according to their personal and humanistic values. You like a work setting that contains cooperative people... leadership style involves personal loyalty as a means of motivating others... prefer team approach...likes to enjoy life...

Be careful of the following: you can lose out when you neglect your own needs. because you see others' needs so clearly, and because you're heavily motivated toward meeting others' needs, you may overlook your own requirements. You need to learn how to respect own needs more and to be assertive and direct with others in asking for their help and for time to take care of themselves.

You also lose out when you are afraid of conflict and mismanage it as a result. You take personal responsibility for conflicts and issues that in actuality belong to others. You become hurt and withdraw. Finally, you can lose out when you become self-critical, and do not appreciate your own accomplishments.

I

imported_Varka

It totally pegged me, which is not surprising since it's basically reading back exactly what I selected as most descriptive of me.

However, the kicker (for me) is at the end.

You're an INTP
INTP

The kicker for me: I used this EXACT PHRASE ("It's Not Theoretically Possible") today when describing a particularly thorny network security issue at work. That kinda hit home.

Varka

W

wavace

It just said I was an [censored] and a smartass and wouldnt let me re-take the test

G

<blockquote><hr>

It just said I was an [censored] and a smartass and wouldnt let me re-take the test

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the general consensus in this thread seems to be that the test is surprisingly accurate...

*coughs*

-Skylark

S

Sloan

It's so much better with the music.

Huh!
Yeah, we're comin' back then with another bombtrack
Think ya know what it's all about
Huh!
Hey yo, so check this out
Yeah!
Know your enemy!

Come on!

Born with insight and a raised fist
A witness to the slit wrist, that's with
As we move into '92
Still in a room without a view
Ya got to know
Ya got to know
That when I say go, go, go
Amp up and amplify
Defy
I'm a brother with a furious mind
Action must be taken
We don't need the key
We'll break in

Something must be done
About vengeance, a badge and a gun
'Cause I'll rip the mike, rip the stage, rip the system
I was born to rage against 'em

Fist in ya face, in the place
And I'll drop the style clearly
Know your enemy...Know your enemy!

Yeah!

Hey yo, and **** with this...uggh!
Word is born
Fight the war, [censored] the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
The finger to the land of the chains
What? The land of the free?
Whoever told you that is your enemy?

Now something must be done
About vengeance, a badge and a gun
'Cause I'll rip the mike, rip the stage, rip the system
I was born to rage against 'em

Now action must be taken
We don't need the key
We'll break in

I've got no patience now
So sick of complacence now
I've got no patience now
So sick of complacence now
Sick of sick of sick of sick of you
Time has come to pay...
Know your enemy!

Come on!
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

R

Rykus

Interesting.. Of the people I know to be computer geeks (I hope nobody takes offense to that, Im proud of my geek status) all of them are ??TP, and all but one is ?NTP.

Anyone else here a professional (not a hobbyist) geek that did not get a ??TP result?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Interesting.. Of the people I know to be computer geeks (I hope nobody takes offense to that, Im proud of my geek status) all of them are ??TP, and all but one is ?NTP.

Anyone else here a professional (not a hobbyist) geek that did not get a ??TP result?

[/ QUOTE ]
*points at Sio and screeches like pod person in Invasion of the Body Snatchers*

Sio is an ultra geek, and he is a self proclaimed ISTJ!!

*pulls out coil of 4PR UTP cable*

Let's have us an old fashioned geek-lynching...

-Skylark

G

INFP
You focus deeply on your values and devote your life to chasing ideals... you often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. You're creative and seek new ideas and possibilities. You quietly push for what's important to you, and rarely give up. You might be somewhat gentle or have a good sense of humor, you could be hard to get to know and overlooked by others...you like to make the world more in line with your vision of perfection.

If you're a teenager, you probably have a bit of a rebellious streak. You might argue with others who hold different values than yourself..you probably have a small close-knit group of friends...you can relax around these pals and be pretty entertaining, since you see the world in a different and special way... that's why your posts on the Storm Palace are so great!

Inner harmony is the most important thing to you. You're sensitive and loyal. You have a strong sense of honor concerning your personal values. You'd rather communicate your feelings in writing...

You do best in a flexible situation where the teacher/collegue takes a personal interest in you...you like to interact with your peers, but not TOO much ...you have both creativity and flexibility, and you like that about yourself....you don't get bogged down by details...your job must be fun and it must be meaningful to you....you don't wanna feel conspicuous so you'll sell yourself short just to avoid the spotlight...

You can be a gentle and subtle leader...being indirect and inclusive of others...you don't confront people head-on, but rather work with 'em to get the job done....you lead with your values in mind and let these guide you...you don't like conflict, so you don't confront situations directly.. you'd rather wait for a situation to work itself out....

Leisure and kickin' back is really important to you. sometimes it is hard to separate work from play, huh? when you find a new recreational pursuit, you do a lot of reading up on it...most of your leisure things are done alone, like reading, listening to music, and even BBSing....when you want to be sociable, you can be very charming and outgoing..

Love is a very deep commitment to you...it's not easily attained...you probably pick out flaws or are disappointed when he or she doesn't match up to your ideal as to what love should be like...first dates are very well set up to make sure everything is taken care of so it can be "just right." you might have a hard time sharing feelings about others...you tell so many feelings inside that you forget to tell your partner that you love 'em or whatever....

If the relationship goes bad, you take it to heart, but probably don't tell many others about it....you have a tendency to overreact, huh? Other things to watch for...don't get so caught up in your dreams that you don't consider others' points-of-view...you might not adjust your vision to the facts of a situation...you may need a "reality check" once in a while... also, don't try to please everyone and be so hesitant to criticize... don't delay projects 'cause you're holding out for perfection...it's not gonna come...don't get overly critical because no one matches your perfect ideals... you could lash out and it could get ugly.

INFP: "I Never Find Perfection"

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm INTP.

Fellow INTPers!
It's time to shrug off the oppressive yolk of the INTPally challenged!

Rise up, and retake this land!

Er, wait, actually now's not a good time for the revolution... Let's set a deadline for it, some time next weekish... Maybe the weekend... I'm sure we'll work out something.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
ISTJ, and been developing systems for a good couple of decades. It is interesting to see similarities between people here, though!

M

Mac on SP

I noticed this trend as well and had my guys here at the office take the test. My junior tech was an INTP just as I was, but my senior tech that has over 15 years in the industry and seems to know everything there is to know about computers and networking was an ISFP (I Seek Fun and Pleasure). This really suprised us, and yes Skylark it's ME thats the ISFP.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I noticed this trend as well and had my guys here at the office take the test. My junior tech was an INTP just as I was, but my senior tech that has over 15 years in the industry and seems to know everything there is to know about computers and networking was an ISFP (I Seek Fun and Pleasure). This really suprised us, and yes Skylark it's ME thats the ISFP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the ISPF for Mr. Work-Aholic, surprises me, too. I will have to read the whole description for that type. There should be lots of good info to torture him with, when he least expects it.

-Skylark

M

Mac on SP

I think there is a lot of good stuff in that description. He was suppose to email it to me and MK but he refused. I need to sit down and run the 16 permutation of the test to see what it says. Would be worth the time just to be able to goad him with it.

G

INFP

*high fives Pyrite*

I would say a lot of it is true about me:

-You might be somewhat gentle or have a good sense of humor, you could be hard to get to know and overlooked by others (I'm funny but being short people often don't see me, so true)

-you probably have a small close-knit group of friends...you can relax around these pals and be pretty entertaining, since you see the world in a different and special way (yeah)

-Inner harmony is the most important thing to you. You're sensitive and loyal. You have a strong sense of honor concerning your personal values. You'd rather communicate your feelings in writing... (I try to be sensitive but sometimes I let my feelings get the best of me. I definitely prefer writing about feelings to talking about them.)

-You do best in a flexible situation where the teacher/collegue takes a personal interest in you...you like to interact with your peers, but not TOO much ...you have both creativity and flexibility, and you like that about yourself....you don't get bogged down by details...your job must be fun and it must be meaningful to you....you don't wanna feel conspicuous so you'll sell yourself short just to avoid the spotlight... (This is all pretty much me. I have a fun job, do well when I can be flexible, like some group interaction but also like being on my own, and I try to avoid being the center of attention)

-you don't like conflict, so you don't confront situations directly.. you'd rather wait for a situation to work itself out.... (yeah I'm bad about that)

-Leisure and kickin' back is really important to you. (translation: you're lazy. soo true!)

-most of your leisure things are done alone, like reading, listening to music, and even BBSing....when you want to be sociable, you can be very charming and outgoing (yup true)

-also, don't try to please everyone and be so hesitant to criticize (I'm a lot more critical of myself than other people, I would say "I never find perfection" in myself)

. . .

I took the meyers briggs type indicator a few years back and got the same result. I also did the color test and a bunch of other personality tests when I was in college because I was really into that stuff back then. Theres a really good online adaption of the meyers briggs where the results are more slanted towards your personality in the workplace and interacting with others, and the pros and cons of your personality (IE when things are good you are dynamic, when things are bad you tend to withdraw, etc). Wish I could find that one, it was excellent.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

You're an ISFP

Looks like just me and Virgil so far ...

ISFP: "I Seek Fun &amp; Pleasure"

G

Well, Virgil is an ISFP, and he posted the details, so cut &amp; paste is much more convenient:

ISFP

You're gentle and compassionate...open and flexible...considerate of others and do not for views and opinions on them. Often focus on meeting others needs...pleasant, quiet and kind....at their best ensuring others well-being. Caring and sensitive....modest and reserved..

OK...you enjoy subjects that relate to helping and knowing about people... art ... computers and history classes if these classes are taught with an applied, sensible approach.. and if objectives relate directly to everyday lives....

You're somewhat artistic, aren't you? You could probably post a great poem on the Storm Palace, huh? You dislike structure, because it takes away from your spontaneity and freedom. You like leisure, and seek it out. You savor it...probably say "stop and smell the roses"...You have a personal and humorous approach that is unique...

Patient and flexible..easy to get along with and no need to dominate others. You don't need to lead, and are a loyal follower...good team members... You're trusting and understanding...

Love to you is utter devotion and loyalty... when you first fall in love, you may feel consumed by it...."falling in love with love" ...focus on the romance of it all..you are constantly nourishing the relationship... When scorned, you probably retreat and repeatedly analyze the situation internally....When you let go finally, you can be more assertive again...

You organize things according to their personal and humanistic values. You like a work setting that contains cooperative people... leadership style involves personal loyalty as a means of motivating others... prefer team approach...likes to enjoy life...

Be careful of the following: you can lose out when you neglect your own needs. because you see others' needs so clearly, and because you're heavily motivated toward meeting others' needs, you may overlook your own requirements. You need to learn how to respect own needs more and to be assertive and direct with others in asking for their help and for time to take care of themselves.

You also lose out when you are afraid of conflict and mismanage it as a result. You take personal responsibility for conflicts and issues that in actuality belong to others. You become hurt and withdraw. Finally, you can lose out when you become self-critical, and do not appreciate your own accomplishments

S

Saturos

Hmm this was a good test, the result describes me pretty well (at least I think so heh)
INTP