• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kiting

G

Ok, my weekly hunter question.....

How many of you know how to/can effectively kite?

I for one....can't. I really don't know how. I know the mechanics, but can't quite figure it out. And in fact, one of the groups I went on in UBRS (before BC), the leader was upset that I didn't know how to kite. Although he was an ass anyhow, but that's beside the point.

So...if you can effectively kite, share. How?

G

Grenier

I just Happen to come across this post while searching the different Boards. There is a good post on the hunter forums on the World of warcraft site about kiting. I have a hunter thats lvl 47 before I started rolling a priest ,I was not very good at Kiting either..I never really practiced it. It is a very good thing to learn for both pvp and pvm you need a hunter in UBRS to be able to do the last boss in there easier than with out one.

G

I have a 68 hunter. I honestly never kited until I was lvl 60 and started doing more difficult instances and such.

You really have to practice - you will get better at where to place your trap, etc . Now I do it all the time, whether I am in an instance or not... its become part of my game play. Very useful for pvp as well.

G

So perhaps you can explain exactly how it's done? I have tried, and still really don't get it much.

G

There are 2 main types of kiting.

There is a the run>jump turn in the air hitting a arcane, concussion>land to make a autoshot>jump and turn>run. This is really hard to master, but is very useful for areas that you need to have good control of where you are going. The Turn and Shoot thing is good for wingclipping and running thru the mob.

There is strafeing. Basically you strafe at a 85degree angle popping arcane and stopping to get off a autoshot/multi/concussion. It sorta looks like this

XtargetX-------^you facing about 85degree in this direction^-->moving this way>>>>> So X----^->>>>>

Its much faster kite, it does not allow as much control though and I really only find it usefull on BGs and in instances that are already wiped clean.

G

Kiting is easy, there are various forms. The primary form is to cheetah kite. Using aspect of the cheetah you kite a mob away from other people in an instance or in a large circle slowly and jump shot to kill it.

In order to kite effectively you will need to learn how to jump shot. This means you jump in the air turn around shoot, and land facing the same way you were originally running still running.

Ping Pong kiting is harder and involves you using a pet with cower and disengage to bounce a mob back and forth between the 2 of you.

I use frost traps when kiting mobs because it allows you 3-6 seconds to dps the mob you are kiting.

F

Ferrous_Ironclaw

oh lord...bc in wow...azeroth is no longer safe
hehe...sorry, been killed by you guys on GL many times.
cheers