• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kitchens.

B

Bordoms

This is my first try at showing off anything I've done. This is my current house in Zento. *Crosses fingers that the pictures aren't huge!

The entire house:

I've been making stone counters in the past several kitchen designs. The cabinet under the sink opens for storage (Doom Backpack stays hidden) - yes I hack the water troughs too (come to think of it, the forges, the fountains, tables...you name it, I've chopped it).

The pesky chimney on the Stone Oven was a major hassle to cover. I ended up hacking a hardwood table into pieces and lowering it down through the roof. Ha ha!

G

I love the pink & green wreaths against the pink stone on the front of the house, and the kitchen sink chopped trough is great! I also like the effect of the stacked SE stealable flat baskets on the benches.

-Skylark

B

Bordoms

And, this is my husband's (real life) house. Our houses are side by side.

The entire house (I get more comments on the leaking bucket than anything else - the wagon is a modification of days gone by):

Main Floor (Finally found a use for the rubble table pieces - a UO Craftsman work bench. Again, the doors under the work hutch open for storage):

Upper floor (It was nice and neat until he discovered Dark Wisps):

B

Bordoms

Thank you, Skylark. I'm addicted to those baskets now - it's such a nice, compact, means of storage.

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, i was looking at your kitchen cabinets and its awesome. How did you make them completely solid with the stone tables and rocks underneath so its solid block? How did you raise your water trough up high too?

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

Hi, i was looking at your kitchen cabinets and its awesome. How did you make them completely solid with the stone tables and rocks underneath so its solid block? How did you raise your water trough up high too?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're actually not a solid block. They're hollow. The bottom is made in the customize menu - half walls. I place the half walls (both flat and the corner pieces) where I want my counters to be and the half door where I want the cabinet under the sink to be and commit. That leaves you with an outlined counter area (hollow).

With circle of transparency up to see through the half walls, I place three gaza mats side by side within the counter area and equally raise them to a point above the half wall and place a large table on the gazas. I lower one gaza and break the ends of the table off, leaving just the center piece of the table and lower it down to meet the half wall, repeating for each piece I need.

Since I only use the stone table center piece, the ends and corners take a little fudging. I use medium tables cut in half for the corners (leaving just the half needed in the corner - you can't see the stone leg anyway). The end of the counter near the window (west wall) is created the same as any piece, but one gaza is placed outside the wall so that the center piece of the stone table is right at the end of the counter.

As for the water trough, I do it the same way I do the counters. Once the counter is on, I place two gazas where I want the sink to be. I always use the right half of the trough, so the right (northern gaza if on a west wall) is where the sink will sit. I raise the gazas three spaces above the stone table and place an east facing water trough on them. Drop the left gaza with the house tool to break the trough in half and cut (axe) the left section - adjust the right half of the trough (the "sink") to the height wanted. To get the barrel tap placed as high as it can go, re-raise the right gaza to as high as it will go and place the tap on it before axing that gaza. But, if it gets in your way, you can always axe it and try again after you adjust the sink height.

The "bar" isn't made using half walls - I use the shortest wall piece for those. The half walls sit too high up when a character sits down. But, they are done the same way.

It's hard for me to explain so if someone can explain it more clearly, please fell free.

Edited to add: And thank you for the compliment on them.

L

Luna Rossa

These are so awesome makes me wish I could customize my homes.

Well done!

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into this house design on my server when i was searching for it on other servers. And i really like the idea of the stone counters. I was lucky enough to find the owner who made these counters and asked her if she could do the same at my house. She's GOOD. hehe. Thank you Boredoms for the new kitchen look in my house. =)

G

Very nice job on the workshop...dammit, now I'm going to have to start mining again so I can get enough stone for the tables to build one like it in my other house.

G

Very nice job on the workshop...dammit, now I'm going to have to start mining again so I can get enough stone for the tables to build one like it in my other house.

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

I ran into this house design on my server when i was searching for it on other servers. And i really like the idea of the stone counters. I was lucky enough to find the owner who made these counters and asked her if she could do the same at my house. She's GOOD. hehe. Thank you Boredoms for the new kitchen look in my house. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite welcome, BBWolf. Thank you for giving me the chance to play with your kitchen! It was fun.
I'm glad you liked it.

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite welcome, BBWolf. Thank you for giving me the chance to play with your kitchen! It was fun.
I'm glad you liked it.

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha! Well, at least you can mine them yourself. I had to buy every stone - and when I couldn't find those, I just bought the tables. Ouch! Thanks for the compliment on the workshop - If you don't like anvils (I don't), you can actually sink those inside the forge to not see it, yet still be able to use it.

If anyone's interested in a "cheaper" style, this kitchen counter fetish actually began through using the wooden counters in the customization menu.

This is the original counter style (I hadn't added the forge stove yet).

Somewhere along the lines, it evolved into this:

Who knows where it will go next, but I'm hoping anyone who tries them shows what they've done.

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha! Well, at least you can mine them yourself. I had to buy every stone - and when I couldn't find those, I just bought the tables. Ouch! Thanks for the compliment on the workshop - If you don't like anvils (I don't), you can actually sink those inside the forge to not see it, yet still be able to use it.

If anyone's interested in a "cheaper" style, this kitchen counter fetish actually began through using the wooden counters in the customization menu.

This is the original counter style (I hadn't added the forge stove yet).

Somewhere along the lines, it evolved into this:

Who knows where it will go next, but I'm hoping anyone who tries them shows what they've done.

G

HOw do you make the stone countertops. Im sure you use stone tables but how do you get them to look like counter tops? Thanks

G

That is super cute. Yes, I'm confident enough in my sexuality to say "cute", so shut up. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

HOw do you make the stone countertops. Im sure you use stone tables but how do you get them to look like counter tops? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Half height walls form the counter base. Bordoms also likes to chop up and stack add-ons to force them to do her bidding!

-Skylark

G

Its all in the thread, just have to read through it--&gt;
<blockquote><hr>

They're actually not a solid block. They're hollow. The bottom is made in the customize menu - half walls. I place the half walls (both flat and the corner pieces) where I want my counters to be and the half door where I want the cabinet under the sink to be and commit. That leaves you with an outlined counter area (hollow).

With circle of transparency up to see through the half walls, I place three gaza mats side by side within the counter area and equally raise them to a point above the half wall and place a large table on the gazas. I lower one gaza and break the ends of the table off, leaving just the center piece of the table and lower it down to meet the half wall, repeating for each piece I need.

Since I only use the stone table center piece, the ends and corners take a little fudging. I use medium tables cut in half for the corners (leaving just the half needed in the corner - you can't see the stone leg anyway). The end of the counter near the window (west wall) is created the same as any piece, but one gaza is placed outside the wall so that the center piece of the stone table is right at the end of the counter.

As for the water trough, I do it the same way I do the counters. Once the counter is on, I place two gazas where I want the sink to be. I always use the right half of the trough, so the right (northern gaza if on a west wall) is where the sink will sit. I raise the gazas three spaces above the stone table and place an east facing water trough on them. Drop the left gaza with the house tool to break the trough in half and cut (axe) the left section - adjust the right half of the trough (the "sink") to the height wanted. To get the barrel tap placed as high as it can go, re-raise the right gaza to as high as it will go and place the tap on it before axing that gaza. But, if it gets in your way, you can always axe it and try again after you adjust the sink height.

The "bar" isn't made using half walls - I use the shortest wall piece for those. The half walls sit too high up when a character sits down. But, they are done the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Half height walls form the counter base. Bordoms also likes to chop up and stack add-ons to force them to do her bidding!

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, Skylark, you have no idea. I've developed a seriouse relationship with my axe - I'm currently seeing it more than my own husband!

I currently have a house on my second account, once it sells, I'll drop another and make a tutorial (with pics) on the kitchen counters if someone doesn't beat me to it. Someone stopped at my house today and asked, but I was wrapped up with a stray puppy (trying to find her mommy), my step son directed him/her to this post ---- so if you're reading this, terribly sorry about that, I'm more than willing to show anyone how to do it in game - but today, a little four-legged critter need an assist.

G

Very pretty house Bordoms.

I've been trying to make the roof window like you did for the last couple of days, but even with the roofs guide and all, my master piece looks like crap.
How did you do that? I never manage to place one of the roof tiles above the wall tile. I'm using 2 wall tiles like it seems you did, the roof only fits on one side.

*sigh*

B

Bordoms

Thank you.

The window is somewhat of an illusion. The tiles above and to the side are not on the same floor as the true roof and window walls (and there are actually 3 of those, one is partially covered by a roof tile to help with the illusion), they are actually on the next floor up. I hope that helps.