• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kingdom Reborn

• Thread starter kittenlangley@gm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

kittenlangley@gm

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a time that i can buy a Kindom Reborn upgrade code?? or should i just buy the game and then upgrade that way? And does anyone have it? and do they like it?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't need to buy an upgrade code, all you need to do is to download the client Here, install it, patch up and you're good to go!

I've been running it since beta and it's working really well for me. Once you get it downloaded, be sure to check out Spellweave.com for a primer on what the client can do.

If you have any problems, do not hesitate to ask, ignore the detractors and one of us KR players will find an answer for you.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it's free, it would take bolas of steel to charge for it...

F

Fayled Dhreams

:cool: Well ... dunno about the "steel" part ... but ... 10 ingots to make 1 bola ball ...

just saying ... one massive macro and EAMythic could make plenty of "bolas"

valorite even ... :cool:

OP: Downloads ... swift CD (unknown current state ... re: updating)

D

dielock

Like Durmott said, just down load it and patch up. It's free.

I like the graphics and all but still like my 2D better. I will play KR more when I upgrade my video card.

J

jelinidas

Free. Hope ya have a good connection, that is one heck of a download and patch. I have tried it briefly on my sons computer. Looks decent. My laptop can't handle it. 2D for me, and still lovin it!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just my 2 cents worth. But with the support I'm getting in regards to one issue in 2D, it seems that EA is defiantly pushing players to KR. I've been having an issue with the object handles, and after many suggestions here on the boards, I decided to take it to the.....ehm....pros. I have to say they have gotten back to me quickly in the online support center. But today's message kinda made my heart sink. My problem was sent to Sr Support and his question was do I use UO Assist, and that third party programs like it can cause issues as the one I am having. Well I'm not completely computer dumb, so that was the first thing I tried, even uninstalled bot the client and the assist. Still having issue. And this was before I sent in my ticket.

My point, there is still so much in KR that is so choppy for me, it's not an option yet and after hearing it's not an assist issue what will their response be? They can't or won't supply support to the 2D client then I don't know, seems they are pushing KR more and more.

I like KR don't get me wrong. I love the new interfaces and many of the graphics. The hotbars are really neat. But until KR is more stable for me, then I play 2D. Maybe some of you KR players can tutor me as to what I need to do to make KR run better for me.

:wall:

Ori

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oriana what are your system specs, particularly motherboard, processor, video card, RAM, and OS?

O

obashe

Hey i'm having a problem when i'm patching Kingdom Reborn :

Here is the problem in the patchlog someone can post the buildinfo.txt for me =)

buildinfo.txt

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'buildinfo.txt'

error ept0015:

Old File does not exist

Error applying patch

Error during session

Your client may not be the most recent version.

You may be able to play the game with your current client.

M

meridus

Many players are reporting all kinds of problems with the download of KR. With the use of a download manager, it seems most if not all of these problems go away. There are many free ones available. Perhaps someone could reccomend a good one.

In regards to questions about what type of specs run KR well, I'll include mine. Runs very fast, with a clear crisp picture. This is a newer, but middle of the road system. Card= Nvidia GE Force 7600

L

Lord Richard

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a time that i can buy a Kindom Reborn upgrade code?? or should i just buy the game and then upgrade that way? And does anyone have it? and do they like it?
Naw, they can't even get it running up on high end systems, let alone the average PC...they can't even consider selling it till it actually works..which I doubt it EVER will.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Naw, they can't even get it running up on high end systems, let alone the average PC...they can't even consider selling it till it actually works..which I doubt it EVER will.

I have a desktop and laptop that would beg to differ and donated even older hardware to a UO friend who would also differ with this statement (that's 3 systems, none of which can be considered completely top of the line) and several more posters on these boards will also attest to their systems as well.

In short, KR runs fine on a system that has a reasonably up to date video card (non-integrated).

In fact, didn't we just recently have a thread ocmplaining about how well KR runs vs 2d?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
System Memory 959.5
AMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2009.1
Processor Speed 2009.1
DirectX Version (Get Updates) 9.0c
Display Device (Get Drivers) NVIDIA GeForce 6100
Display Memory 256.0
Display Driver 6.14.10.8440
Sound Device (Get Drivers) Realtek AC97 Audio
Sound Driver 5.10.00.6090

My KR runs fine. I can run around luna, pvm in doom with web browser, media player & playing, icq, aim, ym. No problems.

It actually performs better in laggy places like luna.

M

Malador

I have a desktop and laptop that would beg to differ and donated even older hardware to a UO friend who would also differ with this statement (that's 3 systems, none of which can be considered completely top of the line) and several more posters on these boards will also attest to their systems as well.

In short, KR runs fine on a system that has a reasonably up to date video card (non-integrated).

In fact, didn't we just recently have a thread ocmplaining about how well KR runs vs 2d?
I am sorry but I read these boards too and almost exclusivly use KR and there is no way the stability and performance of KR in any way approaches the 2d client. My system is not average either it exceeds every requirement and then some. Compared to say wow it sucks bad and cannot even begin to be compared.

KR has potential but it still needs lots of work.

B

Belmarduk

I have had a new machine now for about 6 weeks. I installed UOKR UO2D on it while installing everything.

I have just realised that I havent played UO since then... (except loggin in 1-2 times on UO2D for some guildmenu stuff when an emmissary wanted his title changed)

Hm this is seeming more and more unlikeley that I am going to stop my sub from running out...

I browse the forums regularry but other than some stupid events there is NOTHING being done about UOKR - Last proper patch in Januar - nearly 6 months only *crickets* except one statement "KR is not going to be ignored" Pah :lame:

Wonder how many new players who started have quit again because of the state BOTH clients are in.......
Well whatever looks like its time to move on from UO soon....

B

Bamboo_Spyder

Ok I decided to give this KR client a shot. I downloaded from filelanet with seeminly no issues, then when I try to patch up, it gets stuck with this.

Error applying patch
Error during session
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

It gives me no option for ok and closes as soon as I hit abort. I have made sure each time to empty the patch folder, but to no avail.

Any chance I can get someone's advice on what to do now?

PS I looked on uo.com for help, and only found basic info, nothing that seemed to help me with this problem.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey i'm having a problem when i'm patching Kingdom Reborn :

Here is the problem in the patchlog someone can post the buildinfo.txt for me =)
Here you are!
The file is 4 lines long and its size is 100 bytes. It's to patch from 2.50.03 to 2.51.0.3 - I also had the same issue with the fileplanet installer...

Date: 2008/03/19 11:06:35
Version: 2.51.0.3
Changelist: 107839
P4 Client: p4auto_UOCLIENT2_uonext

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I dont mind it but when the character walks in motion standing still or just skips I turn KR off. As I said before if they force me to us KR before its finished I will leave the game. I dont like to play games where my character skips and walks in motion.

AND WTF IS UP WITH THE BIG &*& BEETLES!?!?!

That looks SOOOOOOoooo Lame!

Also I like how the paperdoll shows the right color but the character doesnt for the tunic.

L

Lorelei

I have gotten the same message. What do I do from here?

Ok I decided to give this KR client a shot. I downloaded from filelanet with seeminly no issues, then when I try to patch up, it gets stuck with this.

Error applying patch
Error during session
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

It gives me no option for ok and closes as soon as I hit abort. I have made sure each time to empty the patch folder, but to no avail.

Any chance I can get someone's advice on what to do now?

PS I looked on uo.com for help, and only found basic info, nothing that seemed to help me with this problem.

M

meridus

Go into the KR files, run uopatch.exe (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn) This program will update your patches.

J

Joyous2K

Whatever happened to Lord Richard? Why did he get banned? Can someone PM what he did?

KR is going nowhere right now. A couple of people have posted that they know why that is, but they can't say because they are testing the game or something. Can someone PM the reason?

KR is a terrible, terrible letdown. They basically almost fixed it, then stopped. Then they released a lot of simple kind of stuff (smoke from Warhorse butt, Threads of Life, White Flash when RIpley blew up the time machine, and probably more) that would actually look better in KR for 2D only. Go figure!!

So as it is, Events 2008 is for 2D only as far as being able to see everything that happens, or even able to see the special loot that drops.

But it's free, so that is something.