• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kingdom Reborn Help

A

Adelina

I have downloaded the KR client but when i go to extract the files, a box comes up and says " destination folder could not be found". then there was just an ok button. What is this and how do I fix it?

A

Adelina

Thanks for your help:thumbup1:! I've downloaded it and extracted the files but now, when i patch, it gets to a certain spot and then stops. it just stays at that spot. The lines are:

Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-50-0-3.rtp( 813259975 bytes )
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-50-0-3.pat( 11 bytes )
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-50-0-3.rtp( 813259975 bytes, resuming )

What do I do to get past this?

F

Fayled Dhreams

{wink} it "just stops"? ... OR is STILL downloading that file?
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-50-0-3.rtp( 813,259,975 bytes, resuming )
___ .813 Gigabyte

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You mean 813 MEG, not GIG. Most people's systems wouldn't be able to handle an 813 GIG patch either downloading or storage-wise.

B

Beastmaster

Yeah, isn't that sweet? You download and extract a nice huge client and guess what? You need a 813MB patch! This is known as alternate realities. The devteam has its reality of pulling patches straight from their internal network at GB speed and the poor paying slobs have to download the same whopping patches at whatever speed they can afford to pay for UP TO the limit of what EA will push them out.

Since you can't alter that last part, the sane thing for the devteam to do is make the friggin patches smaller!!! Not to mention keeping an up-to-date client available for download.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The 813 meg patch was to correct a LOT of animation issues (by redoing most of the animation). Unfortunately, in an attempt to placate the "2d or nothing" crowd, they use the same animation system that 2d does for the most part which means they have to patch every cell of animation for each separate animated item. WIth higher resolution and higher framerate, that equals much larger files to work with.

Had they gone the 3d route and used higher polygon count models for detail and skins, that patch would have either been much smaller or completely unneeded.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hard to see ... BUT to qft before I edit it there IS a decimal there ... after the underlines ...
Iknow ... my bad ... math in the hall and all ... but technically it DOES read point eight hundred thirteen Gig
{wink} which IS 813 meg ...

*goes to make the decimal larger*
{wink} it "just stops"? ... OR is STILL downloading that file?
Downloading patch uokr_win32_2-50-0-3.rtp( 813,259,975 bytes, resuming )
___ .813 Gigabyte

A

Adelina

Thanks fot the help! but now, after the patches are done and I click ok, a box comes up and says "THis application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Should I re-install or do something else?

M

meridus

This should clear the problem.

You must install dx9 also on vista, go into the kr install folder, there is a folder called directX, there you run dxsetup.exe.

Direct X 10 and 9 are completly other Graphic Platforms dx9 and dx10 are not compatible with each other, this is why you have to buy a new dx10 graphics card in order to use dx10 in games. It is right that with Vista you have DX10 data installed by default, but this means not that you dont have to install dx9 in order to use it.