• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Killing an Archer?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the best tactics against an archer in close quarters combat, especially as a Bushido or Paladin Melee Character?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the best tactics against an archer in close quarters combat, especially as a Bushido or Paladin Melee Character?
I recommend hitting them with a weapon of some sort until their hitpoints reach 0.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol- that is indeed funny!
This one is no fighter, but do fight with my thief occasionally. An My character may have wrestling, or fencing, depending. An archer, ar close range, is right where you want him to be. The advice other post is 100% accurate! At distance, my fists, dagger, or kryss are useless, and he/she may shoot me at leisure. Get close where your weapon may hit.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs*

I opened myself up for that one.

Anyways, I am working up a character for an upcoming tournement, and I have virtually no PvP experience aside from a couple unsuccesful duels with my mage. The character I have is a fencer, and I am trying to figure out which weapons to use, if I should be using pots or a shield, and whether I would be more effective with Bushido or Chivalry?

I don't anticipate winning, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs*

I opened myself up for that one.

Anyways, I am working up a character for an upcoming tournement, and I have virtually no PvP experience aside from a couple unsuccesful duels with my mage. The character I have is a fencer, and I am trying to figure out which weapons to use, if I should be using pots or a shield, and whether I would be more effective with Bushido or Chivalry?

I don't anticipate winning, but I figured it was worth a shot.
Go bushido and use counter attack. If you have counter attack prepped, and you parry the archer's shot you hit them automatically (regardless of how far away you are). So if you're running around with a war fork keep bleed toggled and get counter attack prepped. If you parry their shot they are bleeding.

R

Robthemilt

If hes close why not just disarm him? I know my FAVORITE GAME(note sarcasm) is when everyone wants to play "disarm the archer" againts me. With no weapon you'll hit him everytime. If you keep him disarmed and bleeding he'll go through hell trying to heal through you.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close quarters...
One on one...

The archer doesn't have much chance against you if you have parry and/or bushido. I know I try to avoid those kinds of fights just as much as a samurai tries to avoid fighting me in the open.

There are a few things that I hate when people are fighting me.
1. Poison. Unless I'm using a balanced bow, poison can mean the end of me in a duel where I can't run away. I either heal the poison with a bandage (and sometimes fail) wasting another 4 seconds, or I disarm, get hit again, drink a potion, re-arm and by that time, he has also used a bandage and I'm at half life or less fighting against someone at full life (and probably ready to poison me again). It's for that reason that I only use balanced bows in small areas.
2. Bleed. See the poison story. Take out the ability to cure it with potions.
3. Disarm. This is usually not the end of the duel as I can typically run away enough to fight on. I still hate it.
4. People with faster connections than I have. It isn't hard. I ping 110 to Catskills and is the reason why I don't PvP with my samurai.