• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kill Points

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long is the timer between killing someone for skill points? I thought it would be 20 min cause they're in stat loss but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've looked all over and can't find the answer. How long must someone wait to kill the same person again for a kill point(s)?

G

Gilthas0130

i think well been a while ,but a week if the got no points,this is if i'm not mistaken.

alot has to do with the amount of kill points they have.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has nothing to do with time. You can kill someone today and in 20 years (totally hypothetical because the current Devs wont let UO live that long) and you still wouldn't get a point unless you kill 5 other people before you kill him again and he also has to die to 5 other people. Rule of 5...

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes ty, I was also wondering about kill points. That answered my question.

L

Lord Achilles™

You actually don't have to kill 5 other people first. The person you killed does have to die to 5 other people, you being the sixth to get the points from them again.

D

Drake Ravenheart

You actually don't have to kill 5 other people first. The person you killed does have to die to 5 other people, you being the sixth to get the points from them again.
Does those 5 ppls have to be from different accounts?, because i tried that with 5 other ppls from just one other account and still was not able to get another point.

And does those 5 other ppls also have to be faction members?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does those 5 ppls have to be from different accounts?, because i tried that with 5 other ppls from just one other account and still was not able to get another point.

And does those 5 other ppls also have to be faction members?
Nobody answer him he is trying to exploit the point system to get rank to wear faction arties without actually participating in factions.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Let's hope so.

D

Drake Ravenheart

Nobody answer him he is trying to exploit the point system to get rank to wear faction arties without actually participating in factions.
And so what?, if those arties were only allowed to be worn in felluca i would agree with you, but as long as factioneers are allowed to drag them into trammel and thus giving them major advantages in gameplay, i think its every trammelites right to also have them!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And so what?, if those arties were only allowed to be worn in felluca i would agree with you, but as long as factioneers are allowed to drag them into trammel and thus giving them major advantages in gameplay, i think its every trammelites right to also have them!
Take that issue up with Mythic/EA. Earn your points honestly and you will not have issues here. Searching for exploits on Stratics is bad...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what advantage, pray tell would that be? Fighting PvM hardly needs faction arties to gain a "major advantage". If you can't kill something PvM in this game without faction artie help perhaps you need to rethink your template or gain some sorely needed skill.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be fair, its not an exploit. Its actually intended in the game mechanics.

*thumbs up to the devs*

Now if we can just get them to wipe all the points, oust the arties, and give us our normal sig timers back...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair, its not an exploit. Its actually intended in the game mechanics.

*thumbs up to the devs*

Now if we can just get them to wipe all the points, oust the arties, and give us our normal sig timers back...
Don't forget taking the tamers out back and shooting them in the back of head...

Please for the love of god, don't forget that.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget taking the tamers out back and shooting them in the back of head...

Please for the love of god, don't forget that.
LOL, you just came back to playing factions, and already yapping about the tamers. I would be more worried about
the speed, in which others run away and the game stopping lag that occurs.

H

Hell Raiser

LOL, you just came back to playing factions, and already yapping about the tamers. I would be more worried about
the speed, in which others run away and the game stopping lag that occurs.
Ditto on that Arabella, yet Cardell does have a point as well. :scholar: