• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kickstarter Housing

Rickie Nixon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As part of the $250 pledge you get the chance to buy a house that is permanently on the landscape but it doesn't mention how hard it will be to get the resources needed to make the purchase, before I shell out more money can someone advise how challenging this will be within the 1 week timescale?

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
It would be a bit difficult to obtain the resources during the 1 week head start, but the resources will be available for many months before that. So my expectation is that if you're playing during that time period, you'd have time to collect what you need. And if you want to wait to play until the game officially launches, the second 1-week period will happen with a couple months' lag to give you time to get prepared.

tl,dr : The 1-week period is a time to check out the available housing options and stake the claim, as opposed to being the only time you can get the stuff to buy it.

Rickie Nixon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just like to say as the KS looks to be dead that I'll happily pledge or pay a similar amount to keep this game going, don't take the lack of KS as a lack of player support.

Good luck, looking forward to the next step.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just like to say as the KS looks to be dead that I'll happily pledge or pay a similar amount to keep this game going, don't take the lack of KS as a lack of player support.

Good luck, looking forward to the next step.
I have to agree, I think the lack of support is directly associated with the lack of publicity and I think, since we have great devs that are constantly working on the game, the community really needs to get behind this game with out free time and work on getting the game out there.

Maybe if there isn't anyone already working on it, if someone feels they have enough time per week and some talent, could contact eric about being community manager and working on getting the name out and about more, as well as events, interviews and what not.

Silvonis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have to agree, I think the lack of support is directly associated with the lack of publicity and I think, since we have great devs that are constantly working on the game, the community really needs to get behind this game with out free time and work on getting the game out there.

Maybe if there isn't anyone already working on it, if someone feels they have enough time per week and some talent, could contact eric about being community manager and working on getting the name out and about more, as well as events, interviews and what not.
I have experience in Community Management, and have been involved in successful game related Kickstarter projects in the past.

I think there are many ways for Project Gorgon to move forward successfully.

I emailed Eric a couple times over the last week about helping. I am sure the whole team is busy, so I'm still waiting to hear back.

I believe that Project Gorgon has a lot of potential. It's already looking great.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have experience in Community Management, and have been involved in successful game related Kickstarter projects in the past.

I think there are many ways for Project Gorgon to move forward successfully.

I emailed Eric a couple times over the last week about helping. I am sure the whole team is busy, so I'm still waiting to hear back.

I believe that Project Gorgon has a lot of potential. It's already looking great.
That's pretty awesome to hear. I hope Eric contacts you about it sooner rather than later because I agree, this game is looking awesome. I would offer myself to help as although I worry that with no prior experience, work and family that I might not be the best person for the job. Glad to hear there are others interested in helping!

Silvonis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That's pretty awesome to hear. I hope Eric contacts you about it sooner rather than later because I agree, this game is looking awesome. I would offer myself to help as although I worry that with no prior experience, work and family that I might not be the best person for the job. Glad to hear there are others interested in helping!
I hope so too. There's so much potential and I'd love to be a part of it.