• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ki-rin

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they have poor HP and resists.

However, when freshly tamed their skills are so low... i love these little guys, but didn't ever bother fully training one up.

Does anyone know how they compare with NM/BK once 7xGM?

It'd be nice to have something a little different, providing it isn't complete throwaway of time and a redundant pet...

Any Ki-Rin fans out there??

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes they have poor HP and resists.

However, when freshly tamed their skills are so low... i love these little guys, but didn't ever bother fully training one up.

Does anyone know how they compare with NM/BK once 7xGM?

It'd be nice to have something a little different, providing it isn't complete throwaway of time and a redundant pet...

Any Ki-Rin fans out there??
There's probably something special about kirin that I've never figured out. Some day I'll have to go tame myself a few and see what I can find out.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Kirin and a nightmare. They are equivalently skilled... gm in everything except magery and magic resistence and both are in the 90's close to equivalent skill. The Kirin seems to die easier. The nightmare has more hitpoints but it also seems to heal itself more often not sure why that is. They are both gifts to me since i hadn't taken the time to go find my own yet. I wish someone would give me a regular dragon too LOL

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have a Kirin and a nightmare. They are equivalently skilled... gm in everything except magery and magic resistence and both are in the 90's close to equivalent skill. The Kirin seems to die easier. The nightmare has more hitpoints but it also seems to heal itself more often not sure why that is. They are both gifts to me since i hadn't taken the time to go find my own yet. I wish someone would give me a regular dragon too LOL
If you are on Catskills that can be arranged... :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ki-rin do have a special attacks just not very usefull most of the time. When ridden if the rider gets down to around 30% of hp they do a lighting type of attack. Ki-rin has to be mounted for this to occur.

A

A Rev

There's probably something special about kirin that I've never figured out.
Both unicorns and ki-rins used to have a special ability.

Originaly unicorns would gate the rider to a safe location when they where at around 10% health. It was taken out as it caused problems due to gateing in ilsh.

They changed unicorns to cure the rider if they where less than 10% and poisoned. They did have a timer of 30mins on the cures though so it wasnt guaranteed.

Ki-rins summoned the forces of the heavens...basically they would cast chain lightning on a target attacking the rider if they where below 10%hp. Again with a timer.

All of the specials worked while mounted.

As far as i know the special of the ki-rin no longer works, which is a damn shame.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kirin lost the lightning ability?

damn!

it wasn't "all that" but just a nice something...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 years ago the Ki-rin had the lightning attack. Last time I used one.