• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

KHAN vrs Magrathea.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Britain, Jhelom, New Magincia, Minoc, Moonglow, Skara Brae, Trinsic, Vesper and Yew​

Below are the current standing of the City Stones for the above cities. As you can see most are running unopposed and just need to vote, some have already. The only FIGHT I see is the seat for New Magincia, Our current Governor there against the ouster Governor from Last year. My Vote is for, shhhhh, that would be telling but I hope we get results quickly in this two person race.

Here a list of the candidates by city; Britain>Queen Mum. Jhelom>Galahad. New Magincia>KHAN vrs Magrathea. Minoc>Cinderealla. Moonglow>Dezerai. Skara Brae>Clym of Clough. Trinsic>Vershawn. Vesper>Lavendar. Yew>Miri.

If you wish to vote for your favor Governor you just need to be a citizen of that city and be respected in the City’s Loyalty. However, as I said all of the cities with exception to New Magincia are running unopposed and if I was to ask you to vote for someone it have to be KHAN, the current Governor of New Magincia. Why you may ask? The governor’s Office is a role playing event with the King, the Governor discussed past events, future events etc.. The King fills in the blanks from the EM events when the Royal Guard rides with the commander to defend the land from the evil of this world.

During those events where the RBG is out, there is a loss of role play as most that attend these events only wish to fight, kill, and maybe get a drop, (EM item). Some even make remarks within the general chat if there are any players that are trying to role play with the commander. Back to the Governor’s office, we (everyone that attends) like people to be present for the Governor’s Meeting, not to have an empty seat. KHAN has filled that seat at New Magincia and we really wish him luck in securing that seat once more! So get out there and vote people.

Brit June 2017.jpg City Elections June 2017.jpg Jhelom  June 2017.jpg Magincia June 2017.jpg Minoc June 2017.jpg Skara Brae June 2017.jpg Trinsic June 2007.jpg Vesper June 2017.jpg Yew June 2017.jpg

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally agree, vote for KHAN, he shows up for meetings and is a stable, longtime character on Sonoma, after all, that's the basis of this governorship, role playing with the King and his court and citizens, not leaving an empty seat at the table.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wow, you guys are seriously gonna throw shade of a fella Sonomian because he has a job?
shame of you guys.
pretty low even for our standards here on Sonoma.

Magrathea has played on Sonoma since 1997-8 and has put in 20 years of playing.
2 year or so ago he joins your guys military and is gone for a year and now is back and you guys just throw shade on him.

jesus, id be embarrassed to say bad stuff against a fella who is risking his life so you guys can drink your Big Gulps and hide away in your basements and play UO.

ill send him a icq and let him know you guys are thinking of him.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, you guys are seriously gonna throw shade of a fella Sonomian because he has a job?
shame of you guys.

2 year or so ago he joins your guys military and is gone for a year and now is back and you guys just throw shade on him.

jesus, id be embarrassed to say bad stuff against a fella who is risking his life so you guys can drink your Big Gulps and hide away in your basements and play UO.

Pray tell how I/we was supposed to know this? I have no idea who he is, or even that he was a he. I was only going by his record of attendance while he was Governor in the past, I never saw him speak about this nor why this is why he was missing the meetings. I think you should think before you crucify us.

I just looked at photos from the past and Mama's house didn't have a basement, oh wait, we didn't have Big Gulps either and for your information, my father served in the Military and I have his 5 Bar battle ribbon denoting service in 5 major battles from WWI to prove it and there was no man prouder to serve and I could not be prouder of my father's service and my many relatives that served in WW1, WW2, Korea and Viet Nam, so hold your scathing and anti military accusal comments for people that deserve them.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
shame of you guys.

How in the world were we supposed to know this, as it is his personal information. I am sure he appreciates you putting it out there. :( FYI, I was able to retire VERY early, live in a 3 story townhouse, with no basement, and I don't drink big gulps. FYI, I served as well.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the sentiment Poo. But it's been longer than 2 or so years since I joined up. Try 5-6! Time has flown by!

For the record, I work two jobs on top of the military and also go to school. So my days off are rarely consistent. I attend the majority of events on an alt character that I choose to keep separate. Our former EM even made a comment to me in private, when we met up to get my promotion lantern, about how I attended a lot of events. However, Sunday night is almost always a bad night for me. I knew the time/day was changed to be more accommodating for others who are more into the rp aspect of the game so I didn't feel a need to try and change that. In hindsight, I should have said something to prevent being removed from office. I didn't even know that was going to happen until it was posted in this forum. By then it was too late.

It's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Vote for whomever you want, as long as it's Magrathea. ;)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I appreciate the sentiment Poo. But it's been longer than 2 or so years since I joined up. Try 5-6! Time has flown by!

For the record, I work two jobs on top of the military and also go to school. So my days off are rarely consistent. I attend the majority of events on an alt character that I choose to keep separate. Our former EM even made a comment to me in private, when we met up to get my promotion lantern, about how I attended a lot of events. However, Sunday night is almost always a bad night for me. I knew the time/day was changed to be more accommodating for others who are more into the rp aspect of the game so I didn't feel a need to try and change that. In hindsight, I should have said something to prevent being removed from office. I didn't even know that was going to happen until it was posted in this forum. By then it was too late.

It's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Vote for whomever you want, as long as it's Magrathea. ;)
Or KHAN! :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As the others said above we had no information regarding his RL, all we knew was there was an empty seat for a very long time. As he said if he had said something regarding the times to the EM then he might have been able to make the meetings. As I said these meetings are used to discussed current events, future events, and the Cities. As to the times for these meeting in the future may go out the window when and if we get a new EM. Till then I wish all Governors the best.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing to do with this topic but i was just thinking to myself - its a shame when alliances clog up all the Governor spots.
dosnt really give a fair sampling of all the shard when one alliance hogs up all the spots.
not saying that is happening on Sonoma, just something ive noticed over the years that has always chapped my posterior.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nothing to do with this topic but i was just thinking to myself - its a shame when alliances clog up all the Governor spots.
dosnt really give a fair sampling of all the shard when one alliance hogs up all the spots.
not saying that is happening on Sonoma, just something ive noticed over the years that has always chapped my posterior.
You are ALWAYS welcome to run yourself. :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So far this is the race. New Magincia is the only one where there is a fight and we will not know the final results till the voting period is over, anything could happen there,

Britain Queen Mum (The Lancermane Family)
Jhelom Galahad (Knight of Honor and Valor)
New Magincia KHAN (Knight of Honor and Valor)
Magrathea (Four Horseman)

Minoc Cinderella (People's Army of Sonoma)
Moonglow Dezerai (Hunter's of Evil)
Skara Brae Clym of Clough (Knight of Honor and Valor)
Trinsic Vershawn (Order of the Wolf)
Vesper Lavendar (Keepers of the Virtuous Path)
Yew Miri (Ordo Sylvanus)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You are ALWAYS welcome to run yourself. :)
what does that have anything to do with what i said?
sorry, i should put a emoji at the end of that so it dosnt sound as condescending and demeaning.....
:)
there we go

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what does that have anything to do with what i said?
sorry, i should put a emoji at the end of that so it dosnt sound as condescending and demeaning.....
:)
there we go
It has everything to do with what you said. If you are unhappy with a perceived majority, you are always welcome to run yourself to "bring a change". Contested races are never a bad thing. Let the voters choose. I think it would be awesome if more people got involved. The more people who run, the more the people of Sonoma can be heard! It also keeps all the Governor seats filled. Throw your name in the hat next election.

FYI, I am willing to bet that several of the Governors are just there to keep the seats filled with people who participate.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the last thing that i would ever find enjoyable would be to sit around with a bunch of Trammel-ians and discuss role playing, hence the reason i stated it has nothing to do with me.
im just stating that when an alliance clogs up all the spots the 'fair sampling of a shards people' then becomes just the 'alliance's sampling' which then is not a fair sampling of the shard is it?
no, its just the alliance.
again, thats why i said its a shame when an alliance clogs up something like that, they should have really put some sort of safeguard in place to restrict that, but then the question becomes how - and really there isnt a way to stop it.

thats why i said its a shame.