• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun targetting EC

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Pinco EC client, go to Khaldun and my dexter then becomes a complete moron, cannot see mob bars so I cannot target and in war mode he does not hit back?

anyone have this issue and know what macros to create to find targets to hit?

Anywhere else its fine, but here its completely different, its like there are no mobs here for him to see?

I have to try and double click a health bar for him to target them?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the Target Next Enemy Action. Sometimes the mob isn't next to me, then I just Double Click on the bar in the Mobiles Bar. I have it set to Friends/Foes and have the Foes sorted by distance so the closest one is at the top of the list.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Pinco EC client, go to Khaldun and my dexter then becomes a complete moron, cannot see mob bars so I cannot target and in war mode he does not hit back?

anyone have this issue and know what macros to create to find targets to hit?

Anywhere else its fine, but here its completely different, its like there are no mobs here for him to see?

I have to try and double click a health bar for him to target them?
There is a glitch with this that just isn't Khaldun, it is champ spawns in general. your character will stop swinging altogether and then (if you live long enough) will "Pop" one tile in a random direction and start working again. The ancient lichs seem to cause an issue as well by machine-gunning paralyze and other spells, and that fact they chew through your ass quick anyway with the necro spells that lower your resist and health (pain spike, corpse skin) then a good blood oath or two and you really have a problem. best thing to do is try to move around a lot and not let more than one ancient/zealot get on you at once. I have submitted this bug a few times over the years to no avail. It seems to be some sort of server side lag spike caused by killing a lot of mobs at once with whirlwind, at least that's my theory.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my case it seems to be any weapon with hit area effect. I can finish a rat champ spawn whirlwinding with a Soul Seeker and the auto target will work smoothly the entire time. As soon as I use a weapon that has HAE (and the effect goes off) then the auto targeting goes haywire and often seems to 'target farthest'.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone who knows the details needs to post a descriptive bug report.

It also is glitchy on CC.

Bugs

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waaaay glitchy on CC but at least I know the just standing there, not swinging, even though I'm in war mode & double clicking that bar isn't just me. Happens whether I'm using an AoE weap or not. And it's extremely irritating!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it happens on the server side... I don't think this has anything to do with Pinco's UI, CC, with or without UOAssist I think it is something in the game itself... I'm in agreement with @Victim of Siege and @SlayerofBunnys I often see my character just stand there doing nothing at all... I was blaming targetting with it targetting something 20 tiles away and such as retargeting something close to you seems to fix it... but only for a short while it keeps happening.

My thought is it's in there on purpose to prevent afk Sampires... and this is why no matter how much we complain or file reports about it... they never fix it.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it happens on the server side... I don't think this has anything to do with Pinco's UI, CC, with or without UOAssist I think it is something in the game itself... I'm in agreement with @Victim of Siege and @SlayerofBunnys I often see my character just stand there doing nothing at all... I was blaming targetting with it targetting something 20 tiles away and such as retargeting something close to you seems to fix it... but only for a short while it keeps happening.

My thought is it's in there on purpose to prevent afk Sampires... and this is why no matter how much we complain or file reports about it... they never fix it.

I hit the target key every swing in Khaldun; those damn ambushers & skelementals don't stand still long enough to not do that. But even though I've got the bar of the beastie right next to me & am double clicking - and swearing - like crazy, I still just stand there.

My youngest child now notices when this is happening & says ''rest in pieces, Mum'', the wretch!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my case it seems to be any weapon with hit area effect. I can finish a rat champ spawn whirlwinding with a Soul Seeker and the auto target will work smoothly the entire time. As soon as I use a weapon that has HAE (and the effect goes off) then the auto targeting goes haywire and often seems to 'target farthest'.
It may also be with hit spell because all my weapons have HAE or Hit spell of some sort and they all cause it.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is an incredibly annoying issue, especially in Khaldun. AFAIK, the devs aren't aware of the problem aside from "something is wrong with autodefend."

If someone writes up a bug post I'll repost it to the official forums if they can't/don't want to.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just been using an axe without a hit spell or AoE and I can confirm that it happens with that as well as the ones with AoE & hit spell. Also the jogging one square bit, and the not swinging - which is irritating, cos I ought to be smacking the crap out of stuff but just stand there instead!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an incredibly annoying issue, especially in Khaldun. AFAIK, the devs aren't aware of the problem aside from "something is wrong with autodefend."

If someone writes up a bug post I'll repost it to the official forums if they can't/don't want to.

1) Doesn't seem to matter what weapon is used in Khaldun, or if you've got the bars & are merrily clicking like crazy, sometimes dexxers just stand there & don't swing.

2) When they do start swinging again, they often seem to jump a tile.

3) Target next hostile & other mechanisms are not only bringing up stuff on the other side of the screen rather than the stuff in range, they're also bringing up evs, RC's & necros 'animate dead' critters. Not helpful!

4) Issues are occurring in EC & CC.

Dunno if anyone else has stuff they wanna add?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This! I drug my melee toon out for Khaldun so I dont use it enough to know what part is not correct.

I use CC with no other programs and weapon does not have an AoE. I use consecrate so I dont need a different damage.

The targeting works for a while and then it just chooses something far away. And if another player walks by, forget it, the targeting is useless.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on some of this I am wondering if hit spell effects (or even just area spells) some how effects the targeting routine. The majority of people in Khaldun are using some type of spell effect or area spells in order to damage as many creatures as possible. This may explain why Pawain says auto works for a while, but seems to quit when other players go past. It may be that area damaged monsters some how become invisible to the auto targeting.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that this issue is at least partially due to a desyncing between the client and the server, as evidenced by the sudden random jumps of a tile or two. This used to happen to the EC a lot, especially when playing a sampire.

I know I'm desynched when my whirlwind macro (which contains a hit nearest enemy action) targets something that isn't next to me on screen. Opening my paperdoll sometimes fixes it...sometimes not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that this issue is at least partially due to a desyncing between the client and the server, as evidenced by the sudden random jumps of a tile or two. This used to happen to the EC a lot, especially when playing a sampire.

I know I'm desynched when my whirlwind macro (which contains a hit nearest enemy action) targets something that isn't next to me on screen. Opening my paperdoll sometimes fixes it...sometimes not.
This moving a tile happens all the time even on Archers... I have my archer do that "hop" all the time when I'm not even touching the mouse... or anything... it's incredibly annoying and IMO the DEVs have ignored this issue to combat AFK farming. But they would never admit that.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This moving a tile happens all the time even on Archers... I have my archer do that "hop" all the time when I'm not even touching the mouse... or anything... it's incredibly annoying and IMO the DEVs have ignored this issue to combat AFK farming. But they would never admit that.
I love it when it does that hop in the city of the dead and i'm stuck on one of the plateaus because i hopped behind the tree line. i have to carry teleport scrolls on my sampire because of this >.<

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It happens a lot due to some stupid server side positioning issue.
Close and open the paperdoll to force the client to update your position with the server side one.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happens a lot due to some stupid server side positioning issue.
Close and open the paperdoll to force the client to update your position with the server side one.
if you open the paperdoll while moving it works everytime. I have noticed that if you are sitting still it is about 50/50.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
if you open the paperdoll while moving it works everytime. I have noticed that if you are sitting still it is about 50/50.
Bizarre: you should not have to use "rubber-band" tactics there. Probably code error/omission. GL fixing it now that the event is getting ready to close in a few weeks..

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two Cents

They made some stealth changes. Maybe it is a way to mess with sampires........

Khaldun for example, every template has a pro and con. Even skills within the template, for example having resist on a tamer helps you
as the tamer, live thru the shadow fiends.

I have taken a warrior with just enough chiv to enemy of one, no bush, no necro, and don't see the targetting issues you all speak of.
But that warrior does not have area on wep either.

But that warrior gets beat to hell by bloods. The non stop bleeding makes it so you can't actually regain hitpoints on a heal bandage.

Archer is great to live and do damage on the Boss, but the shadow fiends again are a pancake, unless you have resist spells and hit
them up close. But wraith form to do several armor ignores doesn't seem to help on the boss as it never seems to refill my mana
much even if only me and one other in wraith.

Pets are great shields, but don't always do damage to the target on the skelemental wave.

Everyone is screwed in one way or another, no perfect temp. If you are not in a guild that communicates in real time just remember, to heal your
brother and sisters.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it happens on the server side... I don't think this has anything to do with Pinco's UI, CC, with or without UOAssist. My thought is it's in there on purpose to prevent afk Sampires... and this is why no matter how much we complain or file reports about it... they never fix it.
Exactly.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to do a control test for the targeting this morning. I used a spider spawn at Ice West since I would have more control over the area than I can have in Khaldrun.

After the initial pop I stayed on the alter and let the auto-target do single kills until the first white candle. I then whirlwinded for the next 4 white candles. all with no issues. At that point I switched to an AoE weapon. The first 2 whirlwinds were ok and then the AoE went off. I was now targeting a spider that was at 8 distance despite 5 or 6 targets that were closer. I waited until that one got close enough to kill and once again things seemed to target properly for a few swings until the AoE again went off again. After a lot of observation it seemed that any mob that was agro to me at the time of the AoE would become invisible to the targeting system. I also found that logging out and in while in peace mode seemed to reset the targeting system to working properly. If I did that holding the normal weapon the system would work proper until switching to the AoE weapon and it activating.

At this point I brought my archer from a second account into the area. I left Slayer with a regular weapon on the alter auto targeting and started shooting monster in his area with first a regular bow and then an AoE bow. Neither seem to affect his targeting. He would not target anything that was agro to the archer. This is at least partial assumptions since I could not have both windows open at the same time, so it is what was being observed about both character in the currently active window.

I logged the archer in and out and left her with an AoE bow while I tried to cull some of the now lvl2 spawn. Came back to her and found she was being attacked by 3 terathans who did not have targeting under them and 2 bodies at a distance of 4 or 5. I have to believe they were hit with an AoE and the remaining ones were now not seen. Again this is and assumption.

Not sure if I definitively proved anything. I didn't observe any of the character bounce today (which I have seen in Khaldrun). I was able to reproduce the issue when the AoE went of with both melee and bow weapons. I was able to reset the targeting by logging while in peace mode (logging while in war doesn't seem to reset).

I had to leave just after getting the spawn to lvl3. On the bright side I did get an inscription pink.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did a little test with a non aoe/hs weapon and it was not as pronounced, but still did the little hop. the amount of time char quit hitting was significantly reduced, i think the biggest issue we have in khaldun as a sampire is the nausea debuff the viscera do to us. really lays a whammy on you if you aren't paying attention, but as that is a normal mechanic it isn't an issue.

upload_2018-11-12_11-30-25.png