• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keying for the roof, my humble review.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First I will say, I am overall very impressed with the time and creativity that went into this entire encounter. So big kudos, @Kyronix, @Bleak @Mesanna. I have done A LOT of roof encounters!

I will go through each room and my personal experiences for each.

The Bar.
Overall great and fun encounter. I love the creativity behind it. My complaint for this room in similar to the complaints I have for the other rooms. The spawn rates need to be adjusted. If you bring any more than 3 people the spawn becomes fairly unreasonable. I think it should be capped at the amount that comes with 3 people in there. It really discourages you from going as a large group because as we all know... not every person in that group contributes, or even knows whats going on.

The Orchard.
Again, no complaints. The tree fellows get a bit crazy again with anymore than 3 people.

The Armory.
-I also like this encounter. I feel the timers on the vials should be a little longer. These mobs have a high amount of parry, so sometimes it takes a while to kill them when grouping with dexxors. By the time the pile on you is dead, half of the vials have went poof.
-Spawn is unreasonable with anymore than 3 people.
-The parry on the mobs seems a bit too high. Makes this encounter frustrating.

The Fountain.
I really have a lot of fun with this one when I go in with a couple of friends. The jokes and insults fly!! lol.
-Spawn rate is EXTREMELY unreasonable with more than 3 people... like seriously BAD! You can't even build with the amount of spawn and pieces that are dropping everywhere.
-Once the fountain is finished the elemental keeps spawning until you are ported out. I don't think this is intended, so it would be nice to see this fixed.

The Belfry.
I hate this guy but in a good way. I like how hard he can be to kill. I don't like how only one person can face him. I think all the drakes should drop wings so it doesn't come to one person killing him, while everyone else stands around doing nothing. This doesn't feel like a group effort at all. Even if you summon more drakes, the guy up there will probably be dead before another person can go join him.

Well thats all I have for now. I will be typing up my review for the boss encounters later today. Overall I am very happy with this encounter. I also like that you need to key everytime! Thank you for this content, it has kept me very entertained!

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with everything you said. ESPECIALLY the part about all drakes dropping feathers so more than one person can go up.

I have stopped trying to do shadowguard until the Belfry is changed. I tried and tried to get past it but never could, even with groups.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trick to getting 2 people on the Belfry is to wait..... Patience..... get one feather summon more Drakes.... person with feather goes up hides or invis then person left below kills Drakes getting feather and they you BOTH attack the dragon. If one falls of both jump down repeat proceedure until it's dead.

If you have a third person hopefully they have Mysticism and they just cast a RC from below up onto the pillar.. while the other two slay the dragon person below can heal or help slightly but not necessary.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trick to getting 2 people on the Belfry is to wait..... Patience..... get one feather summon more Drakes.... person with feather goes up hides or invis then person left below kills Drakes getting feather and they you BOTH attack the dragon. If one falls of both jump down repeat proceedure until it's dead.

If you have a third person hopefully they have Mysticism and they just cast a RC from below up onto the pillar.. while the other two slay the dragon person below can heal or help slightly but not necessary.
I do the Belfry solo with two accounts. Sampire and bard, and I have no issues. My review is to note the issues I see that other people are having. And the issues in general when I do this encounter with friends. Tricks or not, the Belfry is quite difficult to your standard group of players, and I feel more wings should drop so more people can participate.
If you have a group of 7 people... by the time you kill 14 drakes the first feather will be expired. Not every group has mages or bards or greater dragons to help you during that transition.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone found a counter to the dragons knockback effect? Getting people up is one thing... Keeping them up is a challenge too.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone!

So far the best approach to belfry that we have found is definitely having a tamer in party with a greater dragon. Send tamer up and make sure he stays on the corner. This is so that when the drakes are again summoned the two that spawn for tamer generally fall back to floor. If tamers dragon gets knocked off he can log out/in to bring it back up. Mages Eco can help heal dragon from bottom. Once tamer has enemy engaged with tamed Gd, a stamp or other melee ( or I suppose anyone) can get up and do serious damage, the enemy Gd tends to not push them off because he is wrapped up with the tamers dragon.

I agree, more wings would be better, imo.

Every time we have bested this encounter, it has been with a tamer involved.

Signed

The noob

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi everyone!

So far the best approach to belfry that we have found is definitely having a tamer in party with a greater dragon. Send tamer up and make sure he stays on the corner. This is so that when the drakes are again summoned the two that spawn for tamer generally fall back to floor. If tamers dragon gets knocked off he can log out/in to bring it back up. Mages Eco can help heal dragon from bottom. Once tamer has enemy engaged with tamed Gd, a stamp or other melee ( or I suppose anyone) can get up and do serious damage, the enemy Gd tends to not push them off because he is wrapped up with the tamers dragon.

I agree, more wings would be better, imo.

Every time we have bested this encounter, it has been with a tamer involved.

Signed

The noob
Tamers can get their dragons back up by telling them "XXX Follow Me" several times and directing them towards where the "Hops" are on the sides of the platform... the pets will use that to come back up onto the platform.... I found this works best if the Tamer walks on the edge parallel to your pet.... and repeat the follow command a few times.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree about drop rate on Belfry wings. They're not frequent enough and the timer is too short. Timer is also a little short on the flasks that drop in the Armory. Especially a pain if they get stuck behind an RC/Dragon or other fighting going on.

However, I do not fully agree about OP's position on spawn rates, except for in the Fountain where it's even unreasonable with a group of two. My guess is that they have a lot of spawn in Fountain so you have ample opportunity to get the specific canal piece you need. If they cut down on the spawn, then they would need to increase the rate of straight canal pieces dropping.

Regarding the other rooms, you should not be able to bring a group of 8 into these rooms and have it be easy as 1, 2, 3. If you're going in with a big group, it should have to be a significant challenge. Otherwise, you're just going to have people tagging along and doing absolutely nothing, but still getting credit for have completed the room. For example, this would allow a group of 3 people to go in there, knowing they can fight all the spawn, and dual client with another 4, 5, 6 accounts or bots that would also be in party, and just invis them so they can get credit for the rooms quick and easy.

The fail rate on these encounters should not be 0% because you want to bring in a large group including people who don't contribute or know whats going on. If you're bringing people who can't contribute or don't know what's going on, that's your fault and others in your party should have to make up for it. No free rides here. And if they were to make it that easy, then you should have to do enough damage to get credit for completing the room, equivalent to having to do enough damage to get looting rights on a boss.

I like the challenge of these rooms and don't want to see them nerfed so that each one is a push over.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree about drop rate on Belfry wings. They're not frequent enough and the timer is too short. Timer is also a little short on the flasks that drop in the Armory. Especially a pain if they get stuck behind an RC/Dragon or other fighting going on.

However, I do not fully agree about OP's position on spawn rates, except for in the Fountain where it's even unreasonable with a group of two. My guess is that they have a lot of spawn in Fountain so you have ample opportunity to get the specific canal piece you need. If they cut down on the spawn, then they would need to increase the rate of straight canal pieces dropping.

However, regarding the other rooms, you should not be able to bring a group of 8 into these rooms and have it be easy as 1, 2, 3. If you're going in with a big group, it should have to be a significant challenge. Otherwise, you're just going to have people tagging along and doing absolutely nothing, but still getting credit for have completed the room. For example, this would allow a group of 3 people to go in there, knowing they can fight all the spawn, and dual client with another 4, 5, 6 accounts or bots that would also be in party, and just invis them so they can get credit for the rooms quick and easy.

The fail rate on these encounters should not be 0% because you want to bring in a large group including people who don't contribute or know whats going on. If you're bringing people who can't contribute or don't know what's going on, that's your fault and others in your party should have to make up for it. No free rides here. And if they were to make it that easy, then you should have to do enough damage to get credit for completing the room, equivalent to having to do enough damage to get looting rights on a boss.

I like the challenge of these rooms and don't want to see them nerfed so that each one is a push over.
Regarding the fountain, I wouldn't change the spawn rate for 1-3 players... It manageable. Anything above that needs to be tweaked down ALOT.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Fountain.
I really have a lot of fun with this one when I go in with a couple of friends. The jokes and insults fly!! lol.
-Spawn rate is EXTREMELY unreasonable with more than 3 people... like seriously BAD! You can't even build with the amount of spawn and pieces that are dropping everywhere.
-Once the fountain is finished the elemental keeps spawning until you are ported out. I don't think this is intended, so it would be nice to see this fixed.
The spawn rate is EXTREMELY (too low) unreasonable also if you try to solo this floor... It must be set as with 2 players

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The spawn rate is EXTREMELY (too low) unreasonable also if you try to solo this floor... It must be set as with 2 players
Honestly, that was my assessment of doing this room solo at first... But the more I think about it, I'm not really sure it is for every player/template. Not everyone who wants to participate in shadow guard is going to have the best templete or be as efficient at building canals. The spawn is fast enough to complete the encounter within the time limit... You can't just burn through it with a single player though.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to solo 5 times failed 4 (timeout).
always because I miss the correct few pieces to complete the final link.
For most of the time, I run around the fountain, looking if there is an elly... So if a 2 players spawn is too hard increase a bit the spawn time...

btw done with a necro/mage... explo/fireball or whither nothing extreme...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to solo 5 times failed 4 (timeout).
always because I miss the correct few pieces to complete the final link.
For most of the time, I run around the fountain, looking if there is an elly... So if a 2 players spawn is too hard increase a bit the spawn time...

btw done with a necro/mage... explo/fireball or whither nothing extreme...
But I would wager you had extra pieces you had not used as part of your build when you timed out. I would almost promise with a little rearranging you would have been able to complete the canal... Just maybe not in the most conventional looking route.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I would wager you had extra pieces you had not used as part of your build when you timed out. I would almost promise with a little rearranging you would have been able to complete the canal... Just maybe not in the most conventional looking route.
Right. If you bank some pieces beforehand, then go back in, you can probably do it alone, but I too think it's faster with 2 - every time I've done it I've also gone with one other person, occasionally two others. Anything more than 3 there is ridiculous.

I actually enjoy Shadowguard quite a bit. Except for the Roof, which hasn't given me a single drop yet in 5-6 runs.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One strategy if you have a large group is to take everyone in and just kill and loot pieces for 5 minutes... (Go in with 6+ people and you will kill a TON in 5 minutes or so)

Pop out and divided up into small groups and go in... The 20 or 30 pieces you loot from the first run will make the small group runs go really fast.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
My tips, the Bar encounter.

Drinking some type of weak ale before using bottle of liquor. You won't try to drink liquor while you got drunk.
Fail rate of throwing relate to drunk rate. So you can throw liquor w/o fail while you drunk little.

You must keep drunk little, otherwise you'll drink strong liquor and can't throw accurately.

type of weak ale
ale.png

Throwable liquor
bol.png