• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Key Rings Working?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I'd heard that key rings weren't working due to some bug. I was planning on taking the advice on Lockpicking on Stratics and crafting 100 boxes, then putting all the keys on a keyring, but was told by a few people that they weren't working anymore. Is this correct?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 or 2 weeks ago i had one working fine. BUT ...
Gaining lockpicking has changed a lot. Now you dont need to have 100 boxes. 1 box is enough. Besides that you can use the satyr-method for better gains.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The broken part of keyrings is that they cannot be stolen, and thusly fill up town chests that spawn them, eliminating other spawn items of the same group (square tool box, messy arrow stack).

C

Connor_Graham

So is it just a regular Wooden Box? Or is there a certain kind?

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normal kind, but it (obviously) has to have a lock.

I think the skill of the tinkering matter, but the skill of the carpentry does not.

G

The level of tinkering matters - I think you are supposed to have the tinkering skill at around 10-20 points higher than the LP skill, which is why you get stuck around 96ish LP and have to do dungeon chests (or used to have to do).

Not sure but I think that satyrs disco 20% of the skill off of you, I haven't been in a while since the most recent characters I've trained have been training in hiding and stealth and disco, things that require you to be hidden, which breaks the disco the satyr has on you.