• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Ken-of-the-Lake

K

KenDuLac

How do you get the colored Bod Book Covers? I've looked everywhere and can't find this information.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They were created as a special Japanese promotion last year. You can order them through the official UO store, uogamecodes.com . The set comes with 30 uses of each smith & tailor material color, plus one 30-use "natural" scroll to uncolor them O(though why anyone would EVER do that is beyond me).

New colors that don't correspond to in-game material colors were released as promos in Japan a month or so ago, but currently are only available to Japanese customers of the EA Japan's equivalent of the game codes site.

I recently saw a set of 11 books, 1 each colored for the different metal/leather types, sell for 1 million gold at an auction.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
15k each is considerably less than the value of the cover.

1 bundle of 30 costs $3.25 US
All 12 bundles as a set is $12.50 US

The prices in Japan were within about 10-15% of the US costs, IIRC.

Assuming that gold is $1 per million (the less a million is worth, the more gold is worth, and therefore also the covers. IF gold was 67 cents a million, multiply the gold numbers below by 1.5; if 50 cents a million, multiply gold by 2)

If bought as a set, that would be 12.5 million / 360 = 34,722 gold (effectively about 35k per cover)

If bought individually, that would be 3.25 million / 30 = 108k+ each.

If someone is selling them at 15k each, they are effectively selling them at 40% of their cost (maybe as low as 10% of cost) AT BEST.

If I saw them at 15k, I'd buy them even if I didn't need them, JUST TO RESELL at their real market value.