• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keep Question - the dead spaces!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So ive got a Keep.
i have always hated the 3 dead spaces.

want to do something with them, was wondering do they or are they like the new castle changes??
can we go into there now and lock down floor tiles?

or, in my case, can i go in there and put up my shard shields as wall space is at a premium at my Keep?

and on that same line, i know years ago you could cast a E-field and log out and in and drop down into those spaces, but that dosnt work anymore.
and i think my runes to my open spots are dead now.
so..... can i use a mouse hole to gain access to those spots now??
are the mouse holes still available to get?
i didnt see it on the clean up brit list?

and wasnt there something funky about mouse holes?
you cant axe them to move them as that destroys them, ya have to dd click them or something???

visual reference:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
You can still access those places with the field...
I email Mesanna many many times if they could make those areas able to lock down or secure items...because just like the castles yards they ARE part of the house.
She said is something that they could def do...but that was months and months ago.
If we could at least lock teleporters to access...I would b happy.

Just like the new "coming" soon castles designs....I wish we could customize the 24x24 area of the Keep

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so we cant lock stuff down in there?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You used to be able to place a small forge directly above the spot you want to access. Take one toon upstairs over the spot, and log them out. Then place the forge directly over that spot. then log back in, it "should" bump you down onto the grass.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
so we cant lock stuff down in there?
nop, and that is the thing that We need to send her emails over and over, bc she said was easy to be done, same way they did to Castles.... in a way to say "It is" part of the house, since it is inside the 24x24 area...

I did this on TC, I think if they make those area available to lock down, would make a huge difference the way people use "Keep's"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've asked for doors or just anything to get in there the runes I had quit working when they changed it to just dump you out front under the house sign... I used to park my horse in there... since I live somewhere that has quite a lot of spawn it was nice to know my horse was safe...

But yeah... personally I'd just remove the two side walls and open up that room there all the way and put a wall in the center of the back and make those two back rooms much larger and be done... instant fix.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While I know there are currently ways to get into those spaces, my fear is the method to get in there will be 'fixed' and anything put in there will be stuck and essentially lost.

Here's an idea:
Create some type of teleporter item specific for keeps that allows you to place the tile and then port to the dead spaces. Throw it in the store for 300 sovereigns.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I love my keep, it's in a lovely spot with no neighbours, but the inside is badly laid out and the open areas are a waste of space. Also why do they have so many stairs? Another waste of space! With just a few small changes the keep could be so much improved. The original designer could have done a much better job.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
The "information" that the Devs gave to us long ago was that they "cant" change anything related to the "art" of the current Castles or Keeps bc would break something in the "old codes".
This is why they "gave" is the choice to add floors and stones only... but i was told at the m&g that make those areas part of the terrain and make them available to lock something was possible for sure.
The same way they did years ago for the castles courtyard.
So i will try emailing again

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "information" that the Devs gave to us long ago was that they "cant" change anything related to the "art" of the current Castles or Keeps bc would break something in the "old codes".
This is why they "gave" is the choice to add floors and stones only... but i was told at the m&g that make those areas part of the terrain and make them available to lock something was possible for sure.
The same way they did years ago for the castles courtyard.
So i will try emailing again
If we had some way to get in there and they could be made like the castle courtyard then we could make our own floor in there and put our own teleporters in it and lock them down to use them... with the new tiles they gave us and the other stuff I can't see why we can't use the area's.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes please. Especially with the 20th anniversary coming up. That would be a huge gift to players.....and also good timing with the Castle contest.

Give the Keep some love! :D

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, careful what you ask for, you just might get it(and a whole new set of bugs!).

Every time the devs touch something within the code when bugs are still outstanding a whole lot of new, weird, and sometimes funny stuff happens.

I'd just like to see some serious bug fixing first.
LOL the addition of a keep door in tram could cause a castle in fel to fall :) EDIT being semi serious BTW

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just make diy 36x36 and 24x24... problem solved... for shards with smaller population they should introduce 50x50 and cut down all the unnecessary trees, flatten the ground etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure I can remember a time when back in 2001 or so things would spawn in those areas [monsters/healers etc] and you could log in to those areas by accident. But its been a long long time.