• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keep Deco Ideas

C

Caelas

Thanks to NewThunder, I will soon be the proud owner of a keep on Legends. I've never had a house I couldn't customize, so I'm a bit lost as to how to decorate / what looks good in a keep. I'm open to ideas...any suggestions? I will likely have a blacksmithing area and a storage room, past that...?

C

Caelas

I went, I saw, I got some ideas...but I'm looking for more.

Dumb question, but can custom floor tiles be placed in keeps? Lava, water, wood floors...?

C

Caelas

Bugger...well, I guess limitation is a springboard for creative thought.

Or I can just get an 18x18...but the keep is SO much bigger! And free.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, a keep is a keep.

Gaza Mats and rubble are good ways of making it your own. Check out the other sticky, "Must have deco examples to look at" for more ideas.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sell the keep, buy an 18x18 and spend the difference on deco :D

A

Azureal

Sell the keep, buy an 18x18 and spend the difference on deco :D
QTF

I recently looked at buying a keep, but really disliked the limited decoing aspect. Plus corridors and stairways aint my thing.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I struggled for a long time over buying a keep bc I did not want to give up my customized 18x18. However, I eventually did because I desperately needed the storage space. While the layout of a keep does limit you in decoration, those limitations can also lead to creativity. You may have to "go old school" with some deco ideas. That's not a bad thing- there are some awesome ideas out there.

I dreaded decorating a keep, but I took a lot of ideas from other people and sometimes tweaked them a bit to my own liking. I have now decorated two keeps and I think they turned out completely different.

Decorating a keep does not have to be a horrible experience.

A

Azureal

I struggled for a long time over buying a keep bc I did not want to give up my customized 18x18. However, I eventually did because I desperately needed the storage space. While the layout of a keep does limit you in decoration, those limitations can also lead to creativity. You may have to "go old school" with some deco ideas. That's not a bad thing- there are some awesome ideas out there.

I dreaded decorating a keep, but I took a lot of ideas from other people and sometimes tweaked them a bit to my own liking. I have now decorated two keeps and I think they turned out completely different.

Decorating a keep does not have to be a horrible experience.
*nods*

Well said. The space issue I guess will be a deciding factor with a lot of people. Plus the pictures iVe seen of almost everyones keeps look pretty darn awesome anyway.

It must be just me :)

C

Caelas

The thing that kills me is the stairs / ladders. Running around my wife's keep I kept ending up places I didn't want to be. But...the size is nice...and I do love a deco challenge...*sigh*

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I hate having to run upstairs to get to my downstairs corner rooms. I find it annoying, but I am getting used to it. It is especially a pain in the arse when I am loaded up with resources.

I will post pics of the keep I decorated for a friend in the castle/keep pic thread.
Check it out for more ideas.

*EDIT* I *thought* I took pics of my friends keep, but apparently did not. As soon as the servers come back up, I can go take some pictures then post them. That is, if my daughter doesn't wake up from her nap first!

A

Azureal

Ive been looking at the deco done to keeps, as I need ideas for 3 small areas. I look forward to the pictures :)

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I don't think I will be posting pics afterall. I just went to his keep to take pics and it appears he took down alot of my deco. I guess he needed items for turn in points!

I will post pics of the areas that are left intact!

P

Pennywise

Thanks to NewThunder, I will soon be the proud owner of a keep on Legends. I've never had a house I couldn't customize, so I'm a bit lost as to how to decorate / what looks good in a keep. I'm open to ideas...any suggestions? I will likely have a blacksmithing area and a storage room, past that...?

Go wits da black goza mattes on da floor alls over da keep. Den, use only Tokono type furnitures. Believes me, dats da ticket!

Powerfuls subtlety.

Is dats da werd?