• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Keenan for Governor-Candidate Info

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there Europa Community! Keenan here just to remind folks to vote while they can! Since I'm here I would also like to take this opportunity to give the City of Britain's voters a bit of info on me for those who don't already know me. I'm a long time UO player who plays everyday for years an years so I am Very actively online A lot! I have always been active in the community as well running guild/helping new players very chance I get or anyone else in need/and hosting a large number of player ran events for our wonderful shard. So of u may remember the one hosted under the name Luna rox Europa or later my Heroes of Europa Guild which Frodo ended up running some of our events in that guild-very well I might add-until he and the few others in guild left uo ive hosted plenty just on Keenan as well many times. I like to think this shows my commitment to our shard, our community and a bit of what I could and would bring to our wonderful town of Britain. If voted in I shall ALWAYS keep our Trade deals going and I will listen to the will of the people in choosing said deal so it may change as often as majority seems to wish it to. City Titles are a nice addition to the game but I feel they are woefully underused currently and would like to bring voters attention to the fact that they can all have cool titles they will simply need to ask. I would promise to bring any good ideas supported by our people to the atteion of the King and do my best to help make them happen in a reasonable timeframe when possible. I Love the great things done around Brit by the lovely people who care such as public repairs an the good fellowship and discussion offered around Brits bank. I would like to expand that when possible to get more people to come visit our town and see how great it and its people are through a number of ideas and small player ran events an such. I know its mostly a "in title" only kinda o position for the most part but I believe the right person could do more with it than is being done in a number of ways limited really only by our own creativity. So happens I also have extensive experience in the rp community having been in Vesper Militia for many many years and welcome the chance to dust off my rp skills *smiles*I think that's about it for now just wanted to hopefully show you all how truly much I care and want to do my best. I welcome a good ole debate with Aurelius and Niv at some point should we be able to get all on board I know Aurelius is all for it too so hopefully we can do that as well in the near future. So for now I bid you Ado. Remember - A Vote For Keenan is a Vote for Change!!!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm Heimi and I approve this message (when my good friend adds paragraphs) :)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Certainly in favour of a debate - though on the current voting it looks like Keenan's heading for a significant win ;)

I can't make Friday though, so we are rather limited to days, Thursday or Saturday evening perhaps?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know how to vote, how do I go about joining in with the voting? :)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to declare yourself citizen of Britain, from the options on your character - then donate materials at the docks in Britain, south of the bank, until you get to Respected status - then just go to the town stone, look who the candidates are, and click the box for one you want to vote for.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I see, thank you, what kind of things do I need to donate? :)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a long list, but basic leather or wood is simplest - not sure how much leather you would need, but it's not much more than a couple of trips with a pack animal loaded up, if that ... don't use anything other than basic stuff though, the crate will accept any type of leather or wood at the same values, so it's pointless using good stuff!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I read on UOguide that I had to get a Guardsman rope and catch raiders, but I couldn't find any raiders in Britain, am I looking in the wrong place?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was while it was part of the story arc. The permanent 'raiders' can be found at the brigand camps and captured to be handed in. Most people settle for turning in items to the minister of trade instead

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The raiders were attacking towns months ago, there still are some - at Yew Brigand Camp - but for loyalty, donating is far easier.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok I will try and find some brigand camps later, thank you. I don't know how tough they are, I have finished with the undead in Haven and have moved on to ettins.
Apparently I need 10,000 leather to go the donation route, hmm I only get 15 from killing a bull, I might be killing bulls for quite some time! :eek:
Maybe I will have enough for the next round of elections! :p

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10k sounds awfully high, from what I remember .... but the brigands will be a little too tough for you I fear, if you are fresh from Haven :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok I will avoid the brigands for now, thanks, but there are bulls and other animals near the ettins, so I will carry on with those. Thanks to everyone for the advice! :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a long list, but basic leather or wood is simplest - not sure how much leather you would need, but it's not much more than a couple of trips with a pack animal loaded up, if that ... don't use anything other than basic stuff though, the crate will accept any type of leather or wood at the same values, so it's pointless using good stuff!
Don't use wood; go to the docks and find the Fisher NPCs on the docks. Buy all his large fish, and cut them up into Fish Steaks. Then donate the fish steaks directly to him. It's much easier to do this as you're not only already on the docks, but the piles of 500 fish cut up into a huge amount of steaks and have the same point value as a normal plank of wood.

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever the result of this election is I d like to deeply thank Aurelius for the work he has done in Britain. Not only he was a great Governor ( Gov house is nice, trade deals were constant) but he also actively participate to bring back life to Britain. Standing with a few chaps at Britain bank, advising returning or new players, repairing, feeding hungry hunters, and much more. I dont know what are the possibilities to arrange more without an EM support in the future but till now that has been one of the strongest implication in the life of a city i may have seen.
Many thanks again Aurelius and i m still hoping you to continue the same for us all.

:pancakes:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aurelius did a good job in Britain many months before he stood candidate for Britain . He Lien Ragus and Barian has been at servise there for quite some time and brought life back to Britain in the evenings. I love what they are doing.

May I ask when im here, what do candidates and the people on Europa think of buying votes and trading votes with other shards? Some say its RL politics and ok, anyone with gold and time can do it. But as far as I know buying votes is cheating RL as well as its against the law to move in people from other countries and set them up for voting in yours.
Isnt it the concerned people on the shard that should chose their governours? Wont people stop bother with this if they have no way to get their candidate win in a fair competition . Will candidates that just do a fair campaign give up in disgust?.

How do we common people know if we vote for a candidate that stands for high morals if thats what we want?

This has not to do with the candidates here , its just so hard to know how to use the few votes we now have . If I get rep for three acc in one city and vote for my candidate, meaning I cant vote for some good candidate in another city, and at the end someone buy or bring in voters from other shards I would skip the whole thing next time I think.

I want fair play and a govs that brings back life to his / her city! and people on Europa that vote for someone they feel will do a good job!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If buying votes is to become part of these elections, in my opinion that will be the beginning of the end for elections as a whole. If players think that they are unfair they will simply not bother to vote , nobody likes to waste their time.

If you think you are voting for a candidate and in the end they canno0t win because of a practice like this why bother?.

As Minerva has said, buying votes is cheating, pure and simple, in R/L you could be prosecuted, in UO there is no penalty as such other than knowing you have degraded yourself by stooping to that level.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I created this thread only to tell a bit about myself and what I would like to bring as gov. At the time I had 5% of the votes compared to the 30 and 50 something the other 2 had. In other words I was getting whooped lol. So I decided perhaps some campaigning was in order and I dropped a few book basically saying the same thing as my post here and ofc made a post.

Obv it helped as I started getting votes and at one point even took the lead by a vote or 2. I don't why u all chose my thread to discuss xshard votes or buying votes or any o that crap. Any who knows me, which is like Many of our Europa players, Know I only have 1 account. That's only 1 vote so trading my 1 vote for someone elses 1 vote seems kinda pointless and silly don't u think?

As for buying of votes I can defo see how this could be possible as im sure plenty don't even bother with voting an such so wouldn't prob be too hard to "bribe" them to vote for u I would imagine. I pride myself on the fact that im never anything but nice an helpful to Anyone I meet in game and therefore I have plenty o friends/aquaintances and just people who like me for a variety of reasons.
I can only imagine anyone who doesn't just don't know me. Anyways as such If I had to buy votes I wouldn't bother running.
I will win on the merits of my past deeds or theres no point in winning it would mean nothing if u weren't voted in honestly.

I think the current gov has done a fine job. But there's no reason others shouldn't have their turns as well. So my running isn't at all aimed as a negative remark toward Aurelius I dunno why some of his supporters seem to be taking it that way. Aurelius has been super cool and supportive of my run for gov. Along with giving me helpful info I may need if elected and such. I ofc would be more than happy to help him in any way possible if he wins and can only hope he would feel the same way. Certainly has given me the impression that he would still love to be helpful even if I happen to win. Sounds like a good win/win for Brit to me.

Obv some people don't want an kind of change. But I still say a vote for Keenan is a vote for Change. I will do different stuff to make our town even more popular than it is. Its what I do :)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was one somewhat derailing your post sorry. But still it was about voting . I will never run for governour im no RPer really but im for everything that is good for Europa and make people thrive here . I think its great that candidates post and advertise here, would be nice if all candidates did. Perhaps adding more of their known chars so more of us realise we actually know that candidate a bit and that he seems to be a good guy. When I read U.Hall there are lots of posts about the cheating and strange things happening and advertiseing in chat about buying or selling votes and it seems they think its ok .. Here I dont hear much about it but I dont use gen chat. You seem nice Roland but I dont really know you .
I just want to know more about the candidates, listen to debating here and who shares my way of seing things . A debate sounds very interesting. The more people gets informed and involved and things goes on out in the open the bigger chance this consept will be improved and long living.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd not posted much about this campaign since we hoped to sort out a debate in-game, to add a slight RP and in-game side to things, but time is (as ever) running past, and I suspect the core problem for voters this time is one I'm glad they have - I think we've got three good candidates who have very similar objectives and aims for the job. First election I've seen where all the people standing have effectively the same platform :)

My position would be that, so far, I've largely done the things that both Keenan and I reckon should be done - for supporting the Brit bank meetings, I've had two characters there six days a week to help out (can't make Fridays, I have a real life sometimes despite appearances otherwise ;) ). Similarly, for titles, I offered to give out any - within the bounds of decency and the ToC - that people wanted, and the first one went to Heimlich (after some struggling to find out what the damn silly filters on the titles will allow...), I also offered 'Protector of Britain', to anyone fighting the invasions, a few folks have that one now, but that leads on to a point I'll make in a couple of paragraphs about communications.

I think I have not let the Trade Deal lapse for an entire day so far - though occasionally I've not been able to get there until late in the day it 'resets'. Also, I'd like to thank the people who have helped out paying for the deal too, they have been extremely helpful and me and my bank manager are suitable grateful.

Sorting out 'events' between towns, or in towns, related to Governor is proving a lot more difficult than I expected - not helped by me being not able to play as much as I had hoped (annoying that I did a load of research and posting about how the invasions worked, and then got so little chance to take part that I have a grand total of 22 Minax arties, probably less than a dedicated Blackthorn dungeon hunter can get in a day or two!). We will get this going somehow - maybe having an EM at last won't hurt, but it's not as simple as it looks.....

The main thing we need to get sorted out, though, is communication - perfect example being the 'skeleton depository' Bobar mentions in the other thread, I set it up, announced it in chat many times, posted here and UOForums, Wanda kindly locked a rune to it in her shop and also passed on word - but i am sure we barely got word out to 10% of the players, if that... Bar a constant spam campaign on the channels, I'm stuck and very keen for new ideas how we can get word out about what is going on. The notice board in Brit can only be used by characters loyal to the town (how many of them know it's even there?) so is very limited - I think so far three people have replied or used the board so far. Similarly, the ones in the governor's office I 'built' are barely used. Do people know they exist? I honestly do not know, but fear not ...

The most important thing though, whoever wins - is that people TALK to us, come forward with ideas, run things.... the actual Governor post brings very little with it, you can do almost everything just as well by being an active and involved player - let us know if you have an idea, want a hand to run things, need suggestions how to kane something work, we'll all gladly help out. The point isn't being 'governor' if the town is empty, it's being part of an active and engaged community. Stop being shy, and give running things a go, it's more fun than you think and usually less painful (the usually is to make sure I cannot be sued when someone tries and it's a nightmare, though even those are good because you learn what can, and can't, work). Plenty of folks have experience of trying player events, talk to any and all of us, and give your idea a shot, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.....