• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just wondering

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know greater dragons are real nice,but does anyone still hunt with the beetle-mare combo anymore?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep :)

I hunt with non greaters most of the time a) because I like having a mount and b) because the GD may be a meat shield but other pets can do the same or more damage.

And of course, if you don't have a red dragon, it's an awful lot easier to find your pet(s) in the event spawn ;)

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know greater dragons are real nice,but does anyone still hunt with the beetle-mare combo anymore?
All the time. Also use a dread/mare and bug/bake combo. I prefer any of those to gdrags.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good! now to buy a dread,lol. but i do like the poison that the rune beetle dishes out myself and i can hop on mare and get out of dodge.just didnt know if i was alone in this.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely depends on what you're hunting - and greater dragons can actually be a terrible choice in some situations. Take Corgul, for example. GD's do 100% physical damage, and Corgul's physical resist is extremely high. Corgul does high damage percentage in poison, and poison is the GD's weakest resist. So GD's are not a good choice at all for Corgul. (Rune beetles are a good choice vs. Corgul, as they do high energy damage, which is Corgul's weakest resist).