• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just trained up a prepatch mare to lvl 4 - and its str dropped to 272

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it said, it was 550 str before i trained and leveled it up...at lvl 4 it dropped to 272 str.,..

I got few more to try on, but have to move to test to confirm it.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I've been hearing is that pre-patches are worthless...

And at the same time some people say they are wonderful.

I know I really like seeing higher skills (from power scrolls and such) on the current dogs. Way more powerful. Way less vetting. Just can hide, let the dog do all the work.

Currently, I have a SUPER dog in works with power scrolls for everything. If not 120s (most are) to 115s. Will it make a big difference? Have to wait and see.

I'm just not 100% sure in telling you that you may be wasting time on a nightmare that just doesnt have the options to be the best. A friend and I tamed me one just last week. Some are 3 slots from go... some are 2. Clearly, you want the 2. :) More room for mods. Not to mention the rare colors... that all may be worthless. hehe.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The point of a PP mare was having str around 525 and it being 2 slots saving almost a full training round.

Yes, dogs are nice because they are tanky, but they are not the best tool for every encointer

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I've been hearing is that pre-patches are worthless...

And at the same time some people say they are wonderful.

I know I really like seeing higher skills (from power scrolls and such) on the current dogs. Way more powerful. Way less vetting. Just can hide, let the dog do all the work.

Currently, I have a SUPER dog in works with power scrolls for everything. If not 120s (most are) to 115s. Will it make a big difference? Have to wait and see.

I'm just not 100% sure in telling you that you may be wasting time on a nightmare that just doesnt have the options to be the best. A friend and I tamed me one just last week. Some are 3 slots from go... some are 2. Clearly, you want the 2. :) More room for mods. Not to mention the rare colors... that all may be worthless. hehe.

Can't speak for nightmares but my pre-patch ww is far from worthless (760 str) and spams AI constantly.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As it said, it was 550 str before i trained and leveled it up...at lvl 4 it dropped to 272 str.,..

I got few more to try on, but have to move to test to confirm it.
If it had STR of 550 as a 2 slot, I'm guessing you bought it, AND it was a exploited pet. MAX STR of a PP NM was 525. 550 STR would have been a HUGE red flag to me.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it had STR of 550 as a 2 slot, I'm guessing you bought it, AND it was a exploited pet. MAX STR of a PP NM was 525. 550 STR would have been a HUGE red flag to me.
I didnt buy it, i picked it up from a old acc from drachenfeld or europe... and i am kinda unsecure now if that was a prepatch too... but I will not do any more pet training before test center is up. I cant recall to have trained one up on that acc, it only had prepatched, - but can be I glitched.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It likely has to do with the following patch notes:
Publish 100 – Ultima Online
  • All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training.
    • Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults.
  • Pet Training: Pre-Publish 97 & Store pets that start Animal Training may have their pet slots updated based on their pet strength and will be given a warning before proceeding. Pets will no longer be able to start training if it will result in the pet being over the max cap.