• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just started a fisherman..suggestions..

So ive been away from the scene for a moment, but i have a character who currently has 90 Tactics, Swords,Parry,Anatomy / 100 Bushido and 50 chivalry. My fishing is currently 67 at the time of this post. Guess i had a mythic token at some point and began this char then dropped off for a few years, so ive been grinding fishing the last few days. Question is should i add or drop anything for this build? he is bare at the moment. No special suit or gems currently.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Plenty of routes you could take and it really depends on your vision on how you plan to use your fisher.

Fishing doesn't really pull up too many tough things to kill (unless you are using a fishing net) so you don't really need a warrior template. However if you do want to have fighting skills on your fisher then I'd suggest taking archery over swords because all your fights will be from a distance. If you are swapping archery in then you can also swap out parry. You can stone bushido too because you won't be able to honor the monsters unless you have a clear path (unless you wanted to use armor pierce on the Yumi).

You could also convert over to a mage and just cast spells at the things you might run into.

Like I said there are several ways you could do it but I don't think using a melee warrior would be the most ideal.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have with a good time with my tamer/fisherman. I just stoned med and ei that allowed me enough points to 120 fish and i left the med turned up to dump my remaining points into med. i don't seem to have many troubles on the High Seas but I am also quite new. The pet pays off for me while I am in the dungeons more than on the boat.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have an Archer than it is easy to make them a fisherman.